NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I did better yesterday, I did some stretching of my hips..Kids helped..LOL. I made pork chops on the grill with corn on the cob, but I ate the meatloaf left overs. I don't really eat pork, (holds my water). It will be hot again today so no walking outside..

@fabgeekmom Glad the AC is back on...at least you know you can get in the pool next week. We don't eat steak alot, my DH can't digest it well. But I have other carnivores. LOL So we eat it once in awhile. Enjoy you walk tonight.

@gemwolf110 Happy Friday to you as well!!!

@trooworld Sorry about the migraine. Hope it stops. Yea on keeping on track with your nutrition!! I just make Vanilla. I am thinking about trying other things. My sister will tell you, I am not creative with my food or really anything. I can eat the same thing over and over..I am BORING. LOL. I have a Bullet Ice cream maker that uses frozen bananas etc I started looking at different recipes for that too.. Time to get back to creative.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thank you. That's a bummer about the center. I hope you enjoyed steak night and your walk and bike workout.

@cbabie Yay for a better day! That's good you stretched. It feels good, doesn't it? It's finally grilling season. We are grilling tonight, I think: hot dogs from Sam's Club, which are really good. Thanks. There is nothing wrong with vanilla or keeping things simple! Oh that's good to use frozen bananas. That must be healthier than the kind I make (anything has to be lol).

Hi all. I took more migraine medication and that took away the migraine so I was able to function the rest of the day. BUT...I took my car to the dealership for routine maintenance and they found that a rat had made a nest under my hood and chewed through the ignition hose! It was a disgusting mess and cost me over $500! Then, I had to take poor Daisy to the vet and that cost another $100. So, expensive day for me that I wasn't prepared for. Ugh. I was deflated after that so I ate leftover pasta salad for dinner. Today, I have to get groceries and then a chiropractor appt and then I have to work for about 3-4 hours.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • cbabie
    Options
    Did better yesterday, still no walk.LOL. Didn't sleep well, but up a at it. We are having either goulash or spaghetti.

@trooworld oh wow a rat...I am not sure I could have gotten in my car again. I have had a bad experience with a mouse..(won't elaborate) and I want nothing to do with rodents. I guess that is why I am afraid of dogs too..LOL. So sorry about the expenses..NOT FUN. I hope you get your work done and and still have time to enjoy your weekend.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    @trooworld That’s terrible about your car! I’m glad you got over your migraine. @cbabie I’m sorry you didn’t sleep well last night. Hopefully tonight you will sleep better. Also sorry about the heat. That makes exercise hard. Hi, all. I went to the recreation center today and worked out on the recumbent elliptical. It was my first time in a long time. I’m waiting for the pool to be ready. Tonight my son grilled some chicken and made coleslaw. We also had corn on the cob which was good.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited June 2
    Options
    1bfnn82vb9df.jpeg

@trooworld urhh that is awful about car. Mice can do damage, can’t imagine what a rat can do! That does sound like an expensive day! Hope your migraine is better.

@fabgeekmom how was the elliptical? Sounds like you had a good dinner!

@cbabie hope you got better sleep tonight and that’s it’s not too hot for a walk today.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Yesterday was a busy one! Went with my works hiking club to a backpacking class they held. Hiked 1.6 miles to the camp and 1.6 miles back. I learned a lot! I’m hoping to get a basic backpack and gear together to start going on their backpacking trips in the future. I still have to get in better shape to handle some of their trips. A group of them made it a weekend trip on top of the class. I didn’t stay overnight to camp 🏕️ still have to get a tent or hammock and all the other necessities to do so. As well as find a dog sitter.

Plans for today are church, Zumba, finish up my presentation for my class, and get laundry and food ready for the week. Now that I have my permanent crown on I can get back to eating normal again.

What is everyone up to this weekend? Hopefully you all are getting to enjoy the weather! Welcome to June ☀️

~Missy

Tracked: Day 26 days and counting
    Calories: No for yesterday
    Exercise: hiked yesterday, Zumba today

Weight
    GW: 110-120 lbs
    CW: 212.3 lbs
    HW: 228.8
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Good you did better. I like both goulash and spaghetti, when can I come for dinner? LOL Yeah, a rat. Pretty disgusting! Sorry about your fear. Yeah, the expenses sucked. I am going to try to enjoy the rest of the weekend lol.

@fabgeekmom I know, right? So surprising, too. I guess the rec center is back open? Did it open yesterday? That sounds like a nice summer meal.

@gemwolf110 Thanks. My migraine is better, thanks! And Happy SUNDAY to you! That sounds like a fun experience. I'm up to: maybe going to walk around a lake. That's about it! Great job tracking and exercising.

Hi all. I ended up working 5 hours, about 1-2 hours longer than expected. I ate something before I went (at 11 am I ate) and then didn't eat anything all day. When I got home, my husband and I had to run errands. After that, it was about 7 and I was starving. We couldn't decide what restaurant to go to: I wanted to go to this vegetarian Asian restaurant and he wanted some fries. I don't know why he got to pick since all he wanted was some fries and he wasn't even that hungry. We went back and forth on the restaurant and finally, I was so hungry and on the verge of being shaky, we just went to this new Italian restaurant where he couldn't get his fries and I couldn't get my Asian food. It was a terrible experience: there was a music festival going on and they were very busy so I'm trying to give them a break but really, terrible. The food wasn't too bad (although the Caesar salad literally had about a tablespoon of dressing on it) but it was expensive and the service was absolutely terrible. It took about 10 minutes for the server to come to our table with water and a greeting and then my plate came out about 10 minutes before my husband's. I went ahead and awkwardly ate my plate while he sat there and watched. Then, his food came and I sat there and watched while he awkwardly ate his food. The server knew it was bad service because she brought us free panna cotta for dessert and when she gave us the bill she said, "Here's my name in case you want to complain" which she was joking about but it's not a bad idea lol. Today, there is a marathon running the city and a lot of the streets are closed until about 10. I think I can get to the lake for a walk around it so I may try that.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited June 2
    Options
    "Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." – Robert Louis Stevenson

@cbabie I don't like rodents either. Have you been making healthy choices with food?

@fabgeekmom Soon you'll be able to get back into the pool.

@gemwolf110 The backpacking sounds like fun.

@trooworld Did you walk around the lake? Yuck on the rat

Well today I got back to action. I only tracked 3 days last week. Still did my sunshine stroll but in other exercise was basically non-existent. By the end of the week I had got into hot dogs and popcorn. I lost 0.1 lbs Which shocked me. Sometimes I think weight hides and then shows up the following week when you have good habits. lol

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @gemwolf110 I like the elliptical, especially since I can workout while sitting. It really is low intensity but I can get my heart rate up. That hike sounded enjoyable even though I know I would not be able to do it. You had a busy day. I hope you enjoyed it. @trooworld I’m glad you are feeling better. The restaurant experience really sucked. It’s a shame to pay for bad food and service. But it happens. @theslightedgeforever It’s good that you got back into the routine. That’s good that you lost weight. Hi, all. Today was a good day. I went for a walk and rode my bike. DH and I ate lunch on the patio. My daughter came over and cooked dinner.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    fabgeekmom wrote: »
    @gemwolf110 I like the elliptical, especially since I can workout while sitting. It really is low intensity but I can get my heart rate up. That hike sounded enjoyable even though I know I would not be able to do it. You had a busy day. I hope you enjoyed it. @trooworld I’m glad you are feeling better. The restaurant experience really sucked. It’s a shame to pay for bad food and service. But it happens. @theslightedgeforever It’s good that you got back into the routine. That’s good that you lost weight. Hi, all. Today was a good day. I went for a walk and rode my bike. DH and I ate lunch on the patio. My daughter came over and cooked dinner.

I did! Last weekends hike was a bit much. 5 miles and the last mile was a struggle. Yesterday’s was much shorter and it was relaxing. Something about being out in nature is therapeutic.
  • gemwolf110
    edited June 3
    Options
    on8kufq0h706.jpeg

Happy Monday All! Short week this week. Have family in town so taking some time off for a staycation. Should be fun to see them and just relax. Still have to squeeze time in to get my class assignments done. There’s quite a few due this week. I may only make it to one Zumba but will see. It’s also my birthday week so there will be some celebrating 🥳

@theslightedgeforever yes I think the weight does hide too. It’s sneaky like that.

@trooworld yikes that is pretty bad experience. Sounds like a lot of events happening in your area. Did you make it to the lake? Hope today’s a vet day for you!

5epboad42dgh.jpeg
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Great quote! I did not get to the lake, however, I did a lot of moving around in the house from housework, I went for a walk with my husband, and I set up my walking pad finally. Well, 3 days is better than no days but I know that's not what you are aiming for. I agree about weight sneaking up the next week. Hopefully that doesn't happen to you.

@fabgeekmom Thanks! Yes, it is a shame. How nice to eat lunch on the patio! And it does sound like a great day.

@gemwolf110 I agree about being out in nature. I hope you enjoy the family time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Yes, it was a bad experience indeed! I did not make it to the lake but I did do a lot of movement through housework and I also went for a walk with my husband in our favorite neighborhood. I ended the day with 5,281 steps which is good for me for a Sunday lol. LOL about the seasons...here in San Diego, we have mild winter, spring, summer, Hell's Front Porch, False Fall and Second Summer and a mild fall. It gets up to the 90s even 100s in September and I've even seen it happen in October.

Hi all. I did a lot of moving around cleaning and I finally set up my walking pad. It really hasn't been a priority since movement made my foot worse but now that my foot is getting better, I can begin using it. I forgot to say that on Friday, I maintained...didn't gain (at last). I got some Wasa multigrain crackers, some laughing cow cheese and some cucumber to put on that for a snack this week. I also cut up a cantaloupe which smells really good. The last cantaloupe, I didn't cut up right away and I ended up throwing it out because it rotted.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I didn't eat too well yesterday, but I did get out for my walk. It's really hot here now. So I walked about 7:30, but I worked up a sweat and that was good. I am on another challenge for the next 2 weeks, it's do one thing of some kind of meditation and one movement exercise each day. I have an accountability partner, meaning if I don't do my 2 things we get zero points and we lose...so...I made myself go on that walk yesterday. LOL It's called M&M. LOL.

@trooworld, wow you had a crazy weekend. I am glad that you have a positive attitude and you got your walking pad out. I pulled out the remote to my treadmill...to "remind" me I need to use it today.

@gemwolf110 enjoy your "staycation". I loved your picture of Monday post..

@fabgeekmom I would love to eat lunch on our patio...but our patio has the trampoline for the kids on it, and my swing..LOVE to swing..we do have our patio table out on the cool deck with an umbrella, I need to "make" myself get out more. thank you for the reminder to enjoy sitting outside.

@theslightedgeforever You just needed a staycation...LOL. Is that what you call a morning walk? Sunshine stroll? I guess I should call mine a Sunset stroll? glad you are back on track today..

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad you have an accountability partner. Good for you for walking in the heat. I think I need something. Yes, sunshine stroll is my morning walk.

@trooworld Yaaay on your walking pad I'm glad your foot is feeling better. I read today that California and AZ are going to be hit by a heatwave soon. Maintain is better than gain.

@gemwolf110 Enjoy your staycation. Loved the graphics

@fabgeekmom I can't stand the elliptical. My legs start hurting and cramping after about 2 min in. Ours is not the sitting kind though. I love being outside whether to eat or read. Just not when it's hot or the mosquitos are bothering me.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Enjoy your family and happy birthday week! @trooworld That’s good that
    you got your walking pad up. It’s nice being able to exercise in your own house when you can’t get out. Your food sounded good. @theslightedgeforever I can only do the seated elliptical. I also love being outside. Hi, all. Today has been busy starting with grocery shopping after breakfast. I walked before lunch and worked out on the bike afterwards. Tonight I air fried some salmon and roasted some green beans. Also had boiled potatoes. Dark Hershey kisses for dessert.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That's good you got out for your walk. We are supposed to have our first heatwave of the season this week. I'm not sure what that looks like in my area but our county is supposed to be HOT. Sounds like that accountability is helping you. I did have a crazy weekend lol. Did you use your treadmill yesterday?

@theslightedgeforever Yes, finally! And yes, I just mentioned to @cbabie above that we are going to have a heatwave this week. I don't know if it's just the eastern part of the county or if it will hit where I live. Maintaining is certainly better than a gain!

@fabgeekmom Yes! Thanks. You are so consistent with your exercise and I really admire that. :)

Hi all. I have my last required-for-surgery dietician appt today. I have to send a week of my food logs + my weight. I got on the scale this morning and I am officially at my highest weight ever: 250.4 lbs. I just have to remember that I am doing something about it, I have a plan. I had spaghetti and meatballs last night for dinner, so it's not really a surprise I had a gain as I always gain after I eat heavy carbs. But it's embarrassing I said I would never get to 250 but here I am. :(

Water yesterday: 64 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I’m sorry about the weight gain. The pasta meal probably was the culprit. But you have a plan. It’s important to keep that in mind. Hi, all. The pool is still closed. I called and found out that a part came in and it’s being worked on. DH said I went for a walk. It’s hotter today but not as hot as it’ll be later in the summer. Lunch is leftover salmon and dinner is burgers, fries and salad.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Your dinner sounded really good. Hopefully the pool will open soon.

@trooworld I thought you were trying to gain weight because of your surgery. I gain weight when I eat tuna. So when I had official weigh in days before I would never eat tuna the day before. lol Hmm now I'm craving tuna.

@gemwolf110 I think I missed your bday. Happy Birthday.

I got in some walking today and then another walk at the mall. Plus some stretching.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, I am on the run again. I have been on this screen forever and never typed. I didn't do the treadmill, I did stretches instead, my back and hips have been so tight and I don't want to be out of commission again. LOL. Eating was awful as I didn't cook dinner and we ate whatever we could find.

@trooworld Sorry about the weight gain. I bet your excited as you are completing another step in the process. I hope it doesn't get hotter than it is here right now. You can just stand outside and sweat!!

@fabgeekmom I agree with @theslightedgeforever your consistency is always noticed and brings hope. Glad the pool will be fixed soon.

@theslightedgeforever No I didn't get on the treadmill. Does throwing a 40 lb kid and a 32lb kid on a pile of stuff animals count as a workout? I think my heart rate got up..LOL. good to see you back closing those rings.. :

cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    edited June 4
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Your dinner sounded really good. Hopefully the pool will open soon.

@trooworld I thought you were trying to gain weight because of your surgery. I gain weight when I eat tuna. So when I had official weigh in days before I would never eat tuna the day before. lol Hmm now I'm craving tuna.

@gemwolf110 I think I missed your bday. Happy Birthday.

I got in some walking today and then another walk at the mall. Plus some stretching.

Not yet it’s in a couple of days. My coworkers brought in a local donut shops donuts for my birthday early since I won’t be at work for my actual birthday. They sent them home with me…
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks. Yes! Hopefully the pool will open soon.

@theslightedgeforever No, I just wanted to get over a certain BMI which I achieved for my first appt. I've been trying to lose since then. That's weird about tuna. I wonder what it is about it that makes you gain. How are you doing with food? That's good you got in some walking.

@cbabie Stretches are better than nothing and it probably felt really good. Thanks. I am excited! I can feel a migraine coming on from the weather and my allergies are acting up. I think it is supposed to warm up starting today. Sorry about the heat.

@gemwolf110 That was nice of your coworkers. But man, I would have a hard time with those in my house.

Hi all. The dietician appt went well: I found out that I was emailing the wrong email address so the dietician didn't get a question I sent her. I also found out that the surgeon's nurse, whom I also messaged, quit so he never got my message. Here I was feeling ignored and unsupported. So, I'm glad that got straightened out. When I picked up my husband from work, he gave me a "talk": he said I would have to make changes if I wanted to keep the weight off after surgery (like, duh, would I really go through a major surgery and NOT make changes?). I asked him that and he said he didn't see any changes. I said I'm making small, sustainable changes like eating at the cafe at work less and walking a little more. I wish he would just butt out of it if he can't be supportive. He's the type to go full blast when he does things, very black and white. It just made me mad and made me feel unsupported.

Water yesterday: 25 oz