NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,090 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Ugh yes. And trying to fix it yourself is such a hassle but we do it to save money lol. Oh okay, good job! I like that, "sunshine stroll". Interesting about the movie. Those are the types of movies we like to see at the drive-in. Wow, a 3 hour nap, you must have needed it. That's a good idea about the water. I guess I can set a timer, I'll have to explore the idea. Great job on Monday! Oh no about the pulley machine! I hope he can fix it quickly.

@fabgeekmom Yes lol. I'm glad the weather is warm now. Good job with the swim. I love sitting on our porch (although there is no traffic, as we face the canyon, but we see birds). Hope you enjoyed the fajitas.

Hi all. I think I am going to switch the place where I am going to get my weight loss surgery. I am doing this because I am concerned about the kind of care I'm getting now and potentially after the surgery: 2 weeks ago, I emailed the dietician asking if there was a support group I could attend at this stage to help me be better prepared for my surgery and she never got back to me. On Sunday, I emailed the nurse and he never got back to me either. This is on top of something else: at the beginning, when I met with the surgeon, we just talked and he answered my questions. I checked my chart later and he said that at that visit, he had palpitated my stomach, did an exam, etc. and that I don't bruise easily. He didn't do or ask any of that. I DO bruise easily, very easily. I don't know what that means for my surgery but it must be important for him to put it in my chart. That deception/lie has been in the back of my head for the past 5 months and I just don't think I should let it slide. There are other options. Switching to this other place will be better: it's a teaching hospital so they are up on technology and techniques. They have a robust support system. They have monthly support groups online. But I may have to redo some things, so it could prolong my wait. I'm okay with that. I want the best care and the best chance to succeed.

Water yesterday: 72 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I was so focused on getting decluttering done, I didn't do much else this week. (except Dr visits) LOL. I didn't walk yesterday and eating was not good. Hot dogs for dinner and I "found" the chocolate. bar. I didn't drink enough water yesterday either.

@trooworld LOL I have done that, and I am sure you didn't sleep long, we really get a lot from those power naps. I think you are right to reconsider where you have your surgery. A lie is a lie, is a lie.

@fabgeekmom Did you like working for WW? I think that would have been a great experience. But you know work is work. LOL. Your Fajitas sound YUMMY. Thats great you can sit on your front porch, that would be nice, it seems where I live, we all sit in our backyards with our privacy fences. LOL.

@theslightedgeforever Yea on breaking your streak. I get your little notices on my watch and it makes me feel guilty that I haven't moved yet that day...and then that guilt QUICKLY goes away. LOL. It doesn't seem to inspire me to get off my duff..but I smile every time I get one knowing you are completing your goals. I am sure DH loves that he has to fix that pulley...LOL I can hear mine HUFF at me if it were here. LOL

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @trooworld That’s a good idea to find another doctor. Sitting by a canyon sounds interesting. In the summer when it’s too hot to sit in the front yard, I sit on my shaded patio with fans going. I love to watch the birds. Although in the last few years there haven’t been as many birds l. @cbabie Decluttering is very tiring. Hopefully you can get back in a routine. I did like working for WW but stopped working when I moved to another state. Hi, all. DH and I went walking after breakfast and it was hot! Of course, we take our sweet time and don’t rush. I went grocery shopping and got some of the stuff I need for Sunday. That’s when we’re having the family over. I’m going to work out on my bike. It’s later than I like to do it, but it has to be done.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That's good you did decluttering, that always makes me feel better. I hope I didn't sleep long lol. Yes, a lie is a lie!

@fabgeekmom I wish we had a view like yours where we saw people go by, we love to people-watch. That sounds nice to sit in your yard with the fans going. Good job with your walk.

Hi all. I did really well yesterday, no snacking but I did go to the cafe for my weekly approved breakfast. We had spicy honey sriracha glazed meatballs last night, which were indeed spicy. Almost too spicy for us and we can handle some spice. Tonight is a southwestern chopped chicken salad.

Water yesterday: 104 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld That’s too bad about the meal being too spicy. I’m not a fan of spicy. My 11 year old granddaughter eats food way spicier than I do. The chicken salad sounds good. Hi, all. I’m at our cottage now. I went on a hot walk at the park. Luckily there was a breeze. I walked around a shaded picnic area to get out of the sun. Dinner tonight is the chicken meatballs my cousin gave us, Israeli couscous and salad. My son is not fond of Israeli couscous but my husband loves it. I prepare it when it’s just the two of us.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,248 Member
    edited May 23
    Options
    @trooworld I'm glad you mentioned my pulley machine. I'm not scheduled til tomorrow to do weights and I completely forgot about it. I agree with exploring another clinic. After care is so important. Your water consumption has been really up there. Good for you Yaaay on no snacking

@cbabie I love privacy fences. But I have made front yard so nice and appealing to sit and read. The backyard by the pool used to be that way but the cushions are now old and I'd rather sit in the front yard. I need beauty around me. Yeah mine loves to fix things. I'm still waiting for him to install my TRْْْْْْX straps. I've moved equipment out of the gym so there is room for us to do it. If he installs them he might feel the need to actually do the exercises. It's been 8 months almost. lol
    I heard a thing on a podcast the other day. You don't need motivation to get up and exercise you need discipline. So true.

@fabgeekmom I used to work for eDiets. I really enjoyed that. Too bad I could help others lose weight and not myself. That's great you and hubby walked in the heat. I like Israeli couscous. I haven't had that in a while. I'll need to find it and make some again. Meatballs sound good but less spicy.

Tuesday:

Food- over 18 carbs Over 211 calories
    Water- 78 oz
    Exercise-20 min walk, 17 min treadmill, 20 min weights, 11 min stretching

Yesterday-
    Food-Under 40 carbs Under 647 calories
    Water-49 oz
    Exercise-17 min walk
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, I didn't get any exercise in today, I have a book study tonight, so it just won't happen. I have been more intentional with my food. Like last night, I really wanted PB with my ice cream. But I knew the fat content was more than I needed. So I had some PB2 made up in the fridge and put that on my ice cream. Wasn't quite like Jif, but it hit the spot so I was good!! Having Turkey burgers tonight for me, everyone else is eating hamburgers. I looked at the fat content...30 grams for hamburgers and 15 for Turkey burgers...yep that's the winner. LOL

@trooworld Good for you for staying on task with your nutrition. Sorry the food was too spicy. LOL my grand daughter can eat some spice. I like BLAND.. LOL

@fabgeekmom Yea on walking in the "hot" and for getting on your bike even though you really don't like doing it late. I love the way you make choices to have the quiet time.

@theslightedgeforever LOL DH, mine I have to say I didn't mean right this second.. LOL. He drives me crazy with his right now...But when I really need his help...somehow that "hearing" is bad. So glad you are staying the course on your health!!! Great job.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yes. I like spicy but not to the point of not being able to taste anything but spice. The chicken salad was good. That's good there was a breeze at the park. Your dinner sounds good. I like Israeli couscous.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, I was thinking if I am to be successful, I'll need a lot of support from them. So, I am switching for sure. Yes, I am working on that water consumption! Did your hubby fix the pulley yet? Looks like you've been doing pretty well.

@cbabie That's good you've been more intentional with food. That was a good idea to use the PB2. You are making good choices. LOL I am from the Midwest where everything is bland, so I know what you are saying...to them, black pepper is spicy lol. But since I came to CA, I've slowly increased my spice tolerance.

Hi all. The chicken salad was good last night. Tonight, we are having chorizo quesadillas. I found turkey chorizo, so that's good. It should be nice and easy. I can already tell the difference between the two surgery centers: the new one assigned me about 20 informational videos to watch and a checklist of things to do before I meet with the surgeon. The videos are all short (2-5 mins each) and helpful. I already watched them all. I have an informational webinar with the surgeon next month where I can get my questions answered. I think I made the right choice. On another note, I had another gain this week. Here's an analysis of my week:
    Fri: over by 233 cals
    Sat: under by 20 cals
    Sun: under by 279 cals
    Mon: over by 465 cals
    Tues: over by 276 cals
    Weds: under by 205 cals
    Thurs: over by 319 calls

3f9zy6539nvf.png

Water yesterday: 64 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I have to go to the Dr today to get a skin scan done. As my Dr said we live "in the sun" so it's always best to be sure. Hopefully all goes well LOL. I was okay until late late last night, I got into the oreo's...had some with milk. I haven't had those in forever...it was good. LOL

@trooworld Glad you know you made the right choice in changing. You seem more focused. LOL somehow I thought you had always lived in CA..what do I know...and it's not a good thing to assume. Where in the midwest? I don't even cook with salt when I am eating the meal..LOL

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I would suggest a mindset switch and not concentrate on fat so much. For so long a low fat diet was pushed and people ended up fatter than ever. Plus more diabetes since they added sugar to make the food taste good when they removed the fat. I'm amazed at how people are really losing weight on the carnivore diet. Plus their lab results come back good. I wonder how much of our diet guidelines were based on who lobbied the loudest. :/ It was like don't eat corn oil. Eat canola or sunflower oil. Now seed oils are supposed to be bad for you. I am staying the course and forming some habits but yet the scale is not moving in the direction I want it to go. So I'm trying to stay off the scale except for once a week and just concentrate on habits. It can be frustrating.

@trooworld Yes hubby fixed the pulley system a little while ago. It was basically a 1 min thing. One of the major screws to the pulley system had loosened up. So he showed me how to fix it for the next time. :wink: I have to be in a mindset for weight lifting. Which is not happening right at this moment. I was reading a book I had bought for hubby about 10 years ago called Men's Health. It has lots of different strength training plans and cardio, etc in it. Plus it was talking about the different muscles and what they do. I didn't realize that the forearm and wrist exercises contribute to the grip strength. I thought it was just a natural part of aging that you have trouble opening jars as you age. Plus I learned about my rotator cuff weakness. Which I have on one side. So I'll be adding some of that to my routine. At this point it's more about my agility and mobility than looking like a hot babe. Although it would be nice to have both. lol
    Go back and look at previous weeks and see if you were over on calories on the same days.

I'm reading a book called Self-Defeating Behaviors and I'm at the part of observing my behaviors. So it says first you have to define the behavior. So you write My self defeating behavior is..... which means....... Then it says Can you identify any locations situations or environment where you practice these behaviors When are you most likely to practice these behaviors? With whom are you most like to practice these behaviors?

Then it says awareness of the behaviors are needed before trying to replace the behaviors.

I wrote down my behaviors as procrastination which includes tasks at home and weight lifting.
    Because I realized that when I wrote down exercise at first that's not true. I am doing my sunshine stroll regularly. At night when my mil goes to bed I go in and get on the treadmill and close my rings. The two things I'm struggling with to do it as planned is weight lifting and stretching.

Another behavior was overeating which I defined as going over in carbs or calories. But then I realized I need to clarify it to eating junk. Then ask myself the questions again. The more specific I am the more I can stop and replace these behaviors. They are just habits that I have formed through the years. They can be replaced with good ones. For instance now instead of eating popcorn or crackers at the end of the night while watching TV I have a piece of fruit.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever there’s some interesting documents about how the lobbyists have sabotaged our food system. What the health is a good one to watch and I’ve seen a few others that really make ya not want to eat anything processed or big corporations and go to local places for meat, fruits and veggies.
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I’ve never heard of e-diet. The diet industry has really changed since I worked for WW. I’m impressed with your routine and mindset. @trooworld The new surgery center is much more efficient and user friendly. I hope things work out. @cbabie Nothing wrong with eating Oreos occasionally. I am eating 3 Hershey Kisses now. @gemwolf110 It’s well known that the food companies are sabotaging our health. It’s impossible to completely boycott processed food but we can find better balance. Hi, all. We got back from our cottage this afternoon. I did a few loads of laundry. Tonight’s dinner was Skinnytaste individual meatloafs, mashed potatoes made from real potatoes ( no instant potatoes for us!) and mixed vegetables. I normally don’t make frozen vegetables but they were in the freezer and my husband loved them.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That's good to get checked out. I hope it goes well. I haven't had Oreos in a long time. I hope I'm more focused lol. I feel like I've been here forever, in fact, I've been here most of my adult life. I'm from a small town in Ohio. Man, I am a salt addict!

@theslightedgeforever Oh that's good it was a quick fix. That's interesting about grip strength. I get what you are saying, I don't want to lose my mobility. Yes, it would be nice to have both! LOL I just looked back and it's totally different days that I went over on. No rhyme or reason. That's good you are doing your sunshine stroll regularly. I love how you analyze what is going on with you, you have always done that so well.

@fabgeekmom Thanks, me too! I've only had instant potatoes maybe once in my life, I always eat real potatoes.

Hi all. Yesterday was a high-calorie day but it was planned that way. Tonight will likely be high as well, we are going to dinner with my SIL. I had to have the post office hold our mail for a week: our mailbox lock broke and I can't fix it. I had to call the handyman and he's not available until Friday. My bank has to send me a new debit card: there was a suspicious attempt to charge something from a company I didn't recognize so they marked it fraud. So, I didn't want any mail stolen so I had them hold it. Today, before dinner, we are going to a musical. It's a more serious topic: mental health. Somehow, they made it into a musical. It's the same theater that a piece of my art is hanging at. I did a little better at water yesterday than I usually do on Fridays/weekends.

Water yesterday: 32 oz

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld That’s too bad about your mailbox and your debit card. I hope you enjoy the play even though it’s a serious topic. This month is mental health awareness month so it will be a lot to think about. I have done some Peloton workouts that were about mental health. Body acceptance is a topic. Hi,all. I’ve been up since 4. I couldn’t get back to sleep. I went to bed at 11 so I got 5 hours of sleep. I guess that’s not bad. I have to go grocery shopping to stuff for tomorrow night’s meal. Everyone is coming over so it will be fun. It will be a high calorie meal. We’re having the usual hotdog and hamburgers on the grill. My son is making macaroni salad and strawberry shortcake. I offered to make the salad but he said he doesn’t trust me. I suspect he uses more mayonnaise than I would.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I was exhausted yesterday, not sure why I am not resting well. I had to go buy a red piece of clothing last night. One of my best friends passed away last month unexpectedly and today is her "celebration of life". The family wanted us to wear something red, I have nothing red. I spent way too long at Kohl's last night, my back was killing me. BUT I finally found a red blouse that I would wear and I am wearing black pants. I don't want to go, I don't want to accept she is gone, but I will and I will put my best face on. If I come home and emotionally eat, I don't think I will care, but I am becoming aware of my age and what I am putting in my body. We will see...

@trooworld Well you are planning for eating over and that is okay. It just means you are aware and you are not in a denial phase. LOL. From Ohio, we were kind of neighbors..LOL I am from IL originally. My mom just wasn't a good cook...we grew up on bad food or sandwiches. LOL I hope you enjoy this weekend and realax.

@fabgeekmom I laughed at your comment about the Mayo..My family same thing. This year I haven't even thought about it being a holiday weekend. I don't know what we will eat. Maybe I will make some home made Ice cream. LOL.

@theslightedgeforever That's interesting about the forearm. When I went to the bone Dr this week, she was pressing on my hands, etc ( to see if I had arthritis). She told me the large knuckles were normal for my age and something about opening jars. LOL. So maybe I had better do those forearm exercises..Share please. I am glad to see you working on your health. Now I know how you close those rings all the time..so maybe I should do the same. DH showing you how to fix it, reminded me of my DH when we first got married teaching me how to change my oil.....Like he thought I would really do that. NOT!!! :)

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @cbabie I’m so sorry about your friend. Homemade ice cream sounds good.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thanks. We did enjoy the musical. Yes, I had forgotten about it being mental health awareness month. That makes sense. That's a good topic to do a workout about. I am in the same boat as far as sleep goes: I went to bed at 10:30 and woke up at 3:40. Wide awake. I'll probably take a nap. Sounds like you will have fun today.

@cbabie I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Hugs. <3 re: last night's meal, or should I say yesterday's meals, I went way over. I'm not even going to tell you by how much lol. I am definitely not in denial about it. IL...I took a few trips to Chicago when I was a youngin with friends. My mom wasn't a good cook either. We ate a lot of fast food. I remember going to A&W and getting hot dogs. Thanks.

HI all. Well, my husband was able to fix the mailbox lock so that's good. I really enjoyed the food last night: we went to the city's "best Chinese food" according to a magazine. It was really good and I ate too much. I ended up having to unbutton my pants on the drive back as my stomach couldn't take it. We stopped with my SIL and had drinks. So, that just added to the calorie bill. I went way over. No regrets though, it was fun! LOL I went to bed at around 10:30 and my body woke me up at 3:40. I'm so tired but have to meet a friend for coffee at 6:30. I could take a nap between now and then and I may, we'll see. Today, we are having hot dogs on the grill and pasta salad.

Water yesterday: 32 oz

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I’m so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs your way.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, Yesterday was long and I over ate and no exercise. However, seeing friends I haven't seen in forever was good. Today is another day. LOL

@gemwolf110 Thank you!

@trooworld Glad you enjoyed your day and that you have no regrets. LOL I can't lay down once I wake up. I am afraid that I won't wake up in time and just stay up...yes that is some of my issues.. LOL I love the way hot dogs taste on the grill. YUM. Thank you for your kind words.

@fabgeekmom Strawberry shortcake...YUM. Thank you for you kind words. I hope you enjoy that yummy meal calories and all!!! LOL. (Mostly the company) !!

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I’m glad your husband fixed the mailbox and you enjoyed your meal. Sometimes we go over our calories. It happens. I hope you can take a nap. It seems there is no rhyme or reason when I don’t sleep well. Luckily most nights I sleep okay. I miss my younger self when I slept the whole night! @cbabie It’s always good to see friends we haven’t seen in a while. Sorry it was a sad occasion. Hi, all. I just got back from a hot walk. It seems that summer is here! I remember when I complained about the cold weather. I’m going to ride my bike. Now I’m drinking a cold seltzer and trying to cool off.