NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options
1557558559560561563»

Replies

• fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Sorry about your neighbor. And glad you feel good about your food choices. Hi, all. I managed to go for a walk yesterday and today. It was hot but manageable. We ate lunch at a seafood restaurant today. DH had fried oysters and I had a salad with fresh tuna. I did eat one of DH’s hush puppies. It was good. We are enjoying our little getaway.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,140 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thank you. That's good you went for a walk despite the heat. I love fresh seared tuna salads. It's one of my favorite things to eat out. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself.

Hi all. We went to the celebration of life for my old neighbor. She is the one that I mentioned was so unhealthy and died in April. We hadn't seen her daughter and some other old neighbors in years so it was nice to see them. We plan to hang out soon. I lost a couple of pounds this week, even after eating tortellini for dinner last night. Makes me wonder if I would have lost more had I eaten lightly. I am off today because of that conference that starts tomorrow. I'm going to get groceries and get ready for the conference. Maybe read a bit.

Water yesterday: 120.2 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Yeah, it's hubby who can't eat red meats. His body produces too many red blood cells. Nothing like a good steak. Enjoy the cottage. Sounds so cozy and stress free

@trooworld I'm so glad you found something that helps you with your water.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Good job on the weight loss! Hi, all. DH and I had a good time at the cottage. We managed to get a walk this morning before it got too hot. We’re home now. Dinner is simple: yellow squash from our garden, baked potatoes in the air fryer and grilled salmon.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,140 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Me too. How are you doing? Are you at your daughter's now?

@fabgeekmom Thank you. How far away from your home is your cottage? That's good you got a walk in. Yummy dinner.

Hi all. I had a pretty lousy day yesterday for most of the day. I got in a fight with my husband first thing in the morning and it soured my mood and made me depressed all day. I did go get groceries and I folded my clothes. When my husband got off work, we went for a drink and a coffee and came home and ate dinner (Butter chicken from Sam's Club + broccoli and rice). Today, I will be gone all day at the conference. I am concerned my knee won't hold up.

Water yesterday: 76.1 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom A hushpuppy sounds really good. Yaaay on your walk.

@trooworld Yaaay on your couple of lbs gone. I think you found some balance in eating something you really liked and losing weight this week. No I'm still at home. How was the conference and your knee.

Change of plans. I'm going to Chicago first to spend the 4th with some friends and then head up to my daughter's house.

I did 35 min on the treadmill. Tracked my food so far.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld Sorry about the knee. I have knee problems, too, so I get it. I hope you’re not in too much pain. I hope the conference went well. @theslightedgeforever Have fun in Chicago. That’s a great city. Also enjoy your visit with your daughter. Hi, all. Today was a swim day. We are going out to eat at a Mediterranean restaurant tonight. My son is cooking tomorrow and it’s good to give him a rest. We’re having our July 4th and birthday dinner. My birthday is Monday and my son’s is Wednesday. Here’s something little funny: my son had made cupcakes but they were made from a mix. I knew I didn’t want to eat one as he is making an ATK cake for tomorrow. I took one bite of the cupcake and trashed it. My DH was perturbed but I said it was mine to eat or trash.