NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Well, that pizza the other night was not my friend. I gained a pound this week. I'm going to the doctor today about stomach issues and I'm sure I'm going to hear it. I've put off asking him about my stomach issues because I know what he'll say. I hope all is well with everyone else.

@cbabie I used to put stickers on a calendar, I found it very motivating. I had all sorts of colorful stickers. When we moved, I put them in the garage and now I don't know where they are or I'd use them! I'm glad you are going to try them out, those are really cool.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning:

Well I was over yesterday, but I feel as if I have made another step. I visited some of my old coworkers and gave them my parking decal and laptop charger and some brochures. It was a final closing of that chapter. I feel so much better. I am making some decluttering progress in my house, so again all healing things.

@trooworld Pizza is NEVER my friend. It's one of those things I just won't eat. Someday, I will feel the same about ice cream...but I will ALWAYS love peanut butter. :) I hope the Dr visit goes better than you expect. I am speaking life into that situation.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday. I'm getting ready to pick up healthy groceries and then later today, go to my sister-in-law's for...pizza and tv night. I've got to control myself with the pizza, it should be easy considering I just had pizza. Last night my hubby made a good dinner of roasted beets, roasted zucchini and chicken francese (which is very similar to chicken piccata but less lemony). It was semi-healthy and delicious.

@cbabie you can finally move on and put that chapter of your life behind you now. Good for you. I love pizza, I really do, but it truly isn't my friend. Thank you about the doctor. He wants to do an "EGD Scope" (stick a scope down my throat) and a gallbladder ultrasound. He wants to make sure there are no ulcers or scar tissue and make sure there isn't something going on with my gallbladder. I don't think it's my gallbladder...my officemate at work had gallbladder problems and my problems don't sound like hers. But I am glad he's taking it seriously. He did say it would help to lose weight sigh.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning! @trooworld I am so glad you are getting some insights into your health from your doctor. You know the gallbladder is a weird thing. I have not had issues, but I have heard that the symptoms vary..We will pray the EGD shows more info. Sounds like DH likes to cook. I am sure you will enjoy your night!

I tracked and was a little over my goal, but I tracked. YEA. Finally getting most of my dads' personal things dealt with. Just a few more and that door can be closed.

I hope our other friends come out of hiding. LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    trooworld, did you make it to yoga? So show your dh that your way works too. But that means you really have to focus on your eating. Strict portion control/weighing and measuring everything. Staying within your calorie limit. Tracking every single bite. How did pizza and tv night turn out with your sil? How about next time, make/bring a salad and take one piece of pizza and cut that slice into 2 pieces. It tricks your mind thinking you are having more. Then you fill up the rest of your plate with salad. How often do you have pizza night with sil? Is this the same sil that you had unhealthy snacks with recently? She might need to be figured into your plan as a trigger. So when you know you are going to be with her you serve/bring some healthy food that fits into your plan and is a friend to your stomach. I didn't have any of the traditional symptoms of gallbladder problems. That being said I had to have surgery 3 years ago. btw, it still won't fix all your digestive issues. So be prepared for that. I can eat pancakes at home but not outside in a restaurant. I have had to go strictly egg or omelette. Going too long without food also presents a problem. So I always know where the bathrooms are if needed. My friend found out that her other medications were the culprit for her digestive issues. She had tubes in and out of both ends and they finally after a couple of years figured out it was her meds. But she needs them for other issues. Losing weight solves a whole boatload of issues. My goal is for one day to be off my high bp meds.

cbabie I like your stickers. Have you been using them? Do you have a rewards list? Yaaay on you staying away from ice cream. As time goes on you might find that you can allow yourself 1/2 c. serving and say no to seconds. Don't you wish your DH would like to cook like Trooworld's? One could only dream.

okay daily report for Friday and today:

Friday: food-check, strength training-check. water 5.5 cups
    Saturday: food-check, treadmill-check. Water 5.5 cups

Weigh in tomorrow.

• cbabie
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yesterday, didn't do well at all. I ate 3 caramel ice cream cones....stress was off the Richter scale. So today I say no to drugs...LOL and yes to my oils. On my way to the shower...had to walk through the house for exercise. We are crammed full of stuff in here. All but 3 pieces of furniture are out of my dads place. I have 2 sitting outside to be sold..waiting for a nicer time in the weather before having a garage sale...

Okay gals hope you have a great Sunday!
    Cbabie
  • toffeepearce
    toffeepearce Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Totally sick of ww just couldn't do have lost weight in past with them but been stoping and starting for last few years. Although I'll admit I have loved it in the past just is not working for me at this time.

Decided to do it all by myself I think I was using it as my crutch I don't know why it wasn't working just wasn't. Decided to cut out processed dairy and meat from diet so need this to keep an eye on my calorie intake to successfully loose weight.

My weigh in day will be mondays so although I'm around 12.11 12.12 I will post my official weight tomorrow.

I am currently on summer holiday with children which is a Chalange to say the least so in next 4 weeks would like to loose maybe 10 pounds and then take it from there.

My goal weight is 8 stone. I have made a promise to myself to go to gym or classes 6 days a week.

Well yes this is my chalange anyway and liked the group as I can relate to WW. Am struggaling with the thought of counting calories for food but will have to get used to I suppose.

Good luck to us all gunna cancel my ww account tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I did so well last night at pizza/tv night at sil's house. 2 pieces + 1 cookie + 2 beers. Lots better than in the past. And everyone else had 3 pieces of pizza. Not that I was counting lol. I'm going to try to do some serious meal prep today so that during the week, we aren't tempted to order out. It's a 4 day week this week and next week for us: we are celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary (which is next Sunday) this next weekend. We decided to take next Friday and the following Monday off work. More on that later.

@cbabie hopefully I will find something out. Yes, both DH and I love to cook although neither of us likes to cook when we get home from work and are tired. Yay for tracking!

@theslightedgeforever yes, I made it to yoga and I made it to tai chi. I also made it to the gym at least one time during the week to do the recumbent bike. I did well last night when we went over to my sister-in-law's house (see above). I don't think I could only have 1 slice of pizza, but I could try it, maybe if I had that salad with the slice I could do it. We have pizza night maybe every couple of months. Yes, same sil as unhealthy snacks sil. I think you have great suggestions! I hope my issue isn't my gallbladder. I think it isn't, but we'll see. I have a hiatal hernia and I think that is the problem, I think it is kicking up again.

@toffeepearce welcome, Toffee! A goal of 10 lbs sounds like a reasonable goal, good luck! I know it's a pain to track, but it is super helpful.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited August 2017
    Options
    cbabie, do I need to stage an intervention? What kind of healthy goodies do you have on hand that you can turn to when you are stressed to the max? What are some other things you could do besides turning to food. Put that list on your vision board where you can see it.

@toffeepearce Welcome to the group. Sometimes you just need to go a different direction. It sounds like you have a good plan in place now time to execute it. We will be here if you just need to vent or get suggestions, etc. I've been trying for YEARS, but just recently found something that works for me.

trooworld, I'm so glad you were pleased with your pizza night. You can train yourself to have one piece of pizza if you cut it into two pieces and then have a salad. I couldn't eat just one piece if that's all I had and just ate it. It would be gone in minutes. Then what? Pace, pace, pace. Savor your food. What do they do with a hiatal hernia? surgery? I think my dad had that once but then he has had everything, so.......oh just thought, breast cancer he hasn't had. I know it's rare for males to get it, they do and he would be the one. I miss him. This would have been a good story to tell him.

So for today's round-up. Food-over by 300 cals. (blueberry muffin to blame) exercise 53 minutes walking water-3 cups. You can see it wasn't one of my best days of the week. But onto greater days tomorrow.

Here's the WW weekly highlights link

https://youtu.be/U-78mPVzpdA
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    I lost 2.7 lbs this week.

6ggrxlbd4f74.gif
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! I've kind of lost focus of what I'm supposed to be focusing on (my smaller goal of 5% and eating only at a certain point on the hunger scale). I have to get back to that this week. My plan is to review reading materials on those subjects. This week is going to be a rough one since I'm going to be working 6:30-4:30 most days up to Friday because I don't have enough vacation time to take off Friday and Monday so I'm pre-working that time right now. It might be shooting myself in the foot to do this (health-wise, I might get stressed and want to eat).

@theslightedgeforever the doctor said that a hiatal hernia never goes away, you just manage the symptoms. That's a good idea to cut a piece into two so I'd have two pieces, thanks. You'll have a better day today, I'm sure of it. Thanks for the highlights. Wow, you might not have had a great day but you sure lost a nice amount, congrats!!!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld Just take it one day at a time. Did you read over those materials yet? Most of my weight loss this past 6 weeks is staying under my food limit. I think I've only been over 3 days in 6 weeks. That's a great accomplishment for me. I have a weekly calories average that I'm shooting for. So even if I'm over one day like I was the other day, the preceding day I was short by 700 calories. So it's all balancing out for me. As long as I'm staying within my weekly average, all is good. And it seems to be working. This will never end as I have to do this everyday for the rest of my life.

Where is the rest of our group? Pop in and say how you did today.

Food-check Exercise-strength training water-5 glasses
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I did pretty well yesterday, I was under in my cals but over in my carbs by 5g thanks to a handful of peanuts I had waiting for dinner. No exercise thanks to my long work day, and I won't get any today either (another long work day today and tomorrow as well), but Thursday I'm going to yoga.

@theslightedgeforever thanks for the reminder. I just went and reviewed some of the material, but hopefully I will have time to review more tonight after work. That's a great accomplishment, staying under your calories so often. It sounds like you've also been consistent in tracking.
  • charlie9er
    charlie9er Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I just wanted to share that I am back on track & so excited about it!! I had my WI last night & was down 2.6. :smile:

Have a great Tuesday!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld Sounds like you were really focused today. Good for you. Repeat tomorrow. It helps if we only think about the one upcoming meal. That's mindfulness. It helps us to live in the moment. Since end of June, I've been tracking 100% each day.

charlie9er Woohoo on the 2.6 lbs. Isn't it exciting to lose weight. I'm now in a 12-14 in my tops. I'm loving having baggy clothes.

toffeepearce I tried to accept your friendship request but it said unavailable. I'll send you one and maybe we can connect that way.

Food-check (made the best meatless soft tacos from cauliflower rice and lentils) exercise- Leslie Sansone video and strength training water 9 glasses
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I continue on my journey towards progress, not perfection. I tracked everything yesterday however I was over in my cals and carbs. The only real "misstep" I had yesterday was having a granola bar at work, which pushed me over my limit. I'm happy to say that this is the last day that I have to work a 9.5 hr day this week. Next week, I'll have to work 9.5 hr days for at least one day as well. It's taxing.

@charlie9er congratulations, what an awesome weigh in!

@theslightedgeforever that's great that you've tracked 100%.
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Has been a very busy few days (probably last 10) around here. A lot of entertaining and with this heat (no AC) and smoke from the wildfires it makes it all quite challenging.

Haven't been too good on my tracking or exercise of late. Water consumption has been really good however. Plan to get back to tracking as of today and we are golfing 18 holes on a long course this afternoon (walking) so that will be good re: exercise. Will be literally "smokin hot" out there but that's ok. We'll take lots of water and should be just fine.

Have a good one.
    Cheers, Carol
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld granola bar is not bad it could have been Doritos. When I'm tired it's hard to keep making good decisions. Hang in there. It's almost finished.

cmedwards One of my friends in Washington has been experiencing the smoke from your side. For wind, there is no borders. So track your next meal and start from there. I hope you found some relief from the heat.

cbabie Where are you? I sent out the search party.

Food-check exercise-30 min treadmill water 6 cups
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hello all! Today is like my Friday, I'm taking Friday and Monday off to celebrate my 12th anniversary so I'm excited to be going to work today. Thankfully, I'm going in at the normal time and not working extra time today. I was under on my calories but over a bit on my carbs yesterday. No exercise (as was expected due to the work schedule). I don't think I'm going to get any exercise today either, I was going to go to yoga but I have too much to do before taking the day off tomorrow. If traffic isn't too bad, I will go to the gym on the way home tonight.

@theslightedgeforever true...Doritos would have been a much worse choice!
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    Well yesterday was much better. Lots of water - stopped counting after 8 glasses. Exercise was a full round of golf - walking. Calories and carbs were, if anything, low. Working on a repeat performance for today although the exercise might suffer a touch. Have my little girls over for the afternoon. That does mean lots of steps but no programmed exercise (treadmill, gym etc). Water will be no problem in this heat and I don't expect any concerns with the cals and carbs either. Will let you know.
    Cheers, Carol