NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning: Sorry I wasn't on here yesterday. I was a bit of a mess. I had to go through my dad and mom papers looking for some tax papers and wow the things I found that I don't remember seeing the first time I went through these things looking for his DD-214 papers. Oh things like a letter that my mom wrote to me and my siblings in 1996. I was an emotional mess yesterday and I didn't walk, I didn't track...ugh. Well today is a new day.

@cmedwards52 I am sorry you are having a bad day...hugs to you. Yes it's great to come here and talk.

@trooworld I hope you enjoy the Comic-Con event, Maybe talk an Alieve before you go and it might last the whole day? Enjoy!!!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm up and getting ready for my convention. Very excited. It will be three days of long days, fun, and a bit of pain. Mostly fun though. I'll try to check in when I can but don't be surprised if you don't hear from me. I hope this board doesn't go silent without me lol. So you lurkers, come out come out!!!

@cbabie I can imagine that must have been tough. Today is a chance to start fresh, make it the best you can. Thanks, yes, I'll bring Ibuprofen and stronger with me so I'll be prepared.
  • threecharms
    threecharms Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just decided to move on from WW. Looking forward to following this thread. Feel free to add me, my diary is open
  • cbabie
    Options
    Welcome @threecharms!! I am glad you joined us. We are all at different stages in our health and sometimes life happens, but we are all in for the long haul of good health! We each have our own struggles and goals and I laugh sometimes because it seems at times we all struggled with the same thing that day. But we also have victories. We look at the short term goals and make a great day of what we have!.

Cbabie
  • mel2382016
    mel2382016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm glad I found this thread. I have been a WW member this time consistently for four years. I have lost 103 pounds and was really stuck trying to get the last 15 off. About 3 weeks ago I decided to start double tracking here to see what nutrients I was getting, see if I was eating too many calories etc. I was able to break thru a plateau since joining MFP. I will never give up ww cause the meetings keep me accountable and it's so crucial for me to have that weekly check in. I wanted to say hello and get this thread book marked. Hello!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    @mel2382016 welcome to the group. 103 lbs is awesome. Glad to have you on here as you ease into goal

Cbabie did you track and exercise today? I had to do double duty today for exercise as I wanted to hit my weekly goal so lots of sweating today with weights and treadmill

@threecharms Welcome to the group. I moved over when I became prediabetic and needed to start tracking my carbs

trooworld. I wasn't even lurking. Lol. I'm busy with company this week When I heard cbabie didn't post I thought trooworld is talking to herself. Have fun at the convention. My daughter loves Comic-con. She goes to the one in Chicago because it's closer but says it's not like being at the West coast one.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    cmedwards. We all slip sometimes and make bad choices. And then we get up and dust ourselves off and start again. Hoping each time the intervals between slips will be shorter and shorter So make your next meal a good low carb one That has been working for you. It's time like these with loss we can show gratitude for what we all have. Usually we are so busy with our lives we forget sometimes

Ok off to read and enjoy the rest of my day
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! I'm having a great time at Comic-Con. Yesterday, I "only" walked 13,063 steps. I'm sure I will beat that today, usually I get about 20,000 steps a day but yesterday we were about 3 hours late to the convention due to my hubby had a doctor's appt. The convention is crowded, as always (160,000 people), fun and hot (but not as hot as some years). Yesterday, I bought a Wonder Woman glass tumbler to drink out of, and a cute spaceship necklace. I'm on the hunt for a souvenir for my best friend today.

@threecharms Hi! Welcome! I sent you a friend's request.

@mel2382016 Hi Mel, welcome! Congrats on your success, that's magnificent! I'm glad you were able to break through your plateau.

@theslightedgeforever lol...I'm glad you popped in even though you are busy. I am having so much fun! I'd go to any of them.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all: I tracked, I waked, I slept, I worked on my homework, I rearranged my desk...LOL I even took a call from HR at my old job...I wanted to ignore her, but that just means it's put to bed and I can move on.

@trooworld So glad you are having fun and enjoying this time with DH and life. My oldest daughter has WW tattooed on her forearm. LOL

@theslightedgeforever great job on catching up.LOL you certainly love to READ. I used to try to read my school work on the treadmill, trying to squeeze as much in as possible in my day, but that left me with a headache. :) So glad you are keeping on track.

@mel2382016 Love when you can get past a plateau...I loved that you kept on and didn't give up!! Great job.

@threecharms Hope you are having a great Friday.

Cbabie
  • threecharms
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm still keeping some old WW strategies, like pretracking. So yes, it will be a good Friday :) Hope everyone keeps at it!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Yes I always do better when I pretrack!!
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! Well, today is my last day of the convention. Yesterday, I walked 22,000 steps. My joints are swollen and I hopped on the scale even though I knew it was a mistake. I was up and I'm not going to count it because it's not a real number because of the swelling and because I had sushi last night for dinner. I will weigh in next Friday. Today, I hope to see a panel featuring feminist author Roxane Gay, who recently published Hunger: A Memoir of My Body. I read it and really liked it. It's about Gay's experience as a super-obese woman. Senator John Lewis is having a panel at the same time (he co-authored a graphic novel about the civil rights movement called "March") and I really wanted to go to that as well, it was really a dilemma, but in the end, Roxane Gay won out. I hope I made the right decision lol.

@cbabie it sounds like you handled that call well and the day well. Congratulations. I am having a great time. I love Wonder Woman, she's really the only superhero that I like. I read comics, but not superhero comics.

@threecharms I love to pretrack, I do that too. Almost every day, I pretrack for the next day the night before. It's so helpful.
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Raining here today so inside duties I guess. We really need the rain (a couple of months ago I wouldn't have thought I would be saying that now) for all of the wildfires burning here in B.C. Our dear friends got the official news yesterday that their cabin and outbuildings at Loon Lake are indeed TOTALLY GONE. The pictures are devastating. They were told they might not be able to go to their property before September. Heartbreaking to say the least.

I'm doing better diet-wise the last few days. Back on track so to speak. Have made a few minor changes to my low-carb diet and exercise regimes. So far, so good. Now to get rid of these last few pounds. Just need to make sure I pre-track and get in the exercise and WATER!! I know I can do this and I WILL!!

Have a good day!
    Cheers, Carol
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all: I haven't gotten on my treadmill today. I don't know that I am going to. I am still in this transition mode of not working and finishing my education. Still looking as to my next step for a job. However, I feel so much more in control of my eating. It really is amazing what stress will do to your body and mind. Since the monkey of Nancy (my old boss) is off my shoulders, I walk a little different. Life still has it challenges, but you know life always did. This is just one that has been removed.

In my personality test I took for school, it showed that I was a person of patience. I am not sure that is true in all areas. I don't want to drive behind a parked car. However, when I know that I know that I know that God has placed something in front of me and told me this is a promise to you...I wait. I know that all things work together for our good, do bad things happen? Yes, but all things will work for our good!!

I was just listening to a video on confrontations...yes I hate them! However, she makes a statement about nasty things grow in the dark. Imagine a piece of plywood in your back lawn..you never move it..it gets rained on, snowed on, no sunlight hits the underside. Ugh, then one day you lift that up..because you smell something nasty..this is what happens when we stuff things under the rug and don't deal with them. When we do deal, because we have let it simmer, we explode. So deal with them as they arise, but not out of emotion. That will also backfire on you. Why am I talking about this? I don't know, but I am done...I hope you all
    have a great weekend.

@trooworld I am sorry you are swollen and you joints hurt. I just chuckled..it's like one of those things we say, I want to do this no matter the consequences. (good or bad) LOL It was worth the pain to you!! :)

TTYL

Cbabie
  • LindaCan2
    LindaCan2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I restarted MFP today as I decided to ditch Weight Watchers as I need more accurate tracking than it offered. I love this app and use it on the website and on my iPhone. I use my iWatch for tracking my activity.
    I haven't been exercising but I plan to start that on Monday. I believe that I will get more benefit from MFP online than I did at the actual Weight Watchers meetings. This provides daily motivation and a great online community. I plan to track every bit I eat and every sip of water I drink.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld Comic-con sounds like so much fun. Good for you for getting in all those steps. My dad used to like Wonderwoman TV show with Lynda Carter . I think he just liked the outfit. Who knows when I get to goal, I just might walk around like that. I was trying to think which superhero I like the best and don't know. Maybe Thor. But I just like to look at him and listen to him talk. I'm a film superhero gal vs comics. For some reason I really don't like Spiderman. lol

cbabie Looks like you had a very productive day. Good for you. Now repeat. All we have is today so we have to make it count everyday. Go get on your treadmill. Part of transitioning is you get to make a new daily schedule. Looking at your priorities for the day, it's good to preschedule like we pretack. So Health gets top billing. If we are sick we can't do the other stuff we need to get done. Remember you are making new habits. When you mentioned the word patience, I laughed to myself. Still giggling. OK just like the word tenacious, there is a positive and negative side to it. So I'm sure there is a positive side to patience. You kept your mouth shut and towed the line while working for the monkey on your back. How's that. I agree with you on confrontations. Up until recently I was a people pleaser so I rarely confronted anyone. Instead I ate. Now God help anyone that gets in my path. For instance I have company and they are going to extend their stay for 4 more days. Need some of that patience myself. lol But in old times, I would drop everything to be a good hostess as that's how I was raised. This week I have kept to my exercise program and told them here's the TV remote, look at your phone, read a book, whatever, I'll be in the gym for 30-60 min. Same way for sweets. There has been daily temptations. But I'm not afraid now to take care of me first. If I don't, nobody else will.

threecharms I have found pretracking to be my best strategy for losing weight. I have been more consistent losing weight this past month than YEARS. I wish I would have done it before but I believe that our journey takes us where it takes us and everything happens at the time it is supposed to.

cmedwards Sorry for your friend's cabin loss. I hope they had some good insurance and can rebuild. Yes, you can do this. One meal at a time.

@LindaCan2 Welcome to the group. I've been tracking on here for a little over a year now. I've never had a streak so long. I have a fitbit to track my activity. Oh, just reminded myself I should be charging it while I'm sitting down doing this.

So weigh in is tomorrow for me. I have to stay away from the sodium. Good thing I had Korean Beef today and not tomorrow. Exercise is going good for me. In fact, I noticed while doing walking lunges, it was easier to get up than before. So all is good in HealthLand right now for me. All I need to worry about is TODAY.

• cbabie
    Options
    Welcome @LindaCan2!! I think I have been on here forever, but I did. WW for many years. I made lifetime, but quit going to the meetings. My weight has crept back a bit and hence I am here trying to lose that. I am so happy to have you with us and we all are doing this journey together.
    We all come here to get encouragement, give encouragement and sometimes just vent! LOL

@theslightedgeforever Good for you for taking care of YOU. Yes we were raised to be polite and be a hostess. However mom was not a hostess. LOL I remember one time a couple from the church had stopped by for a visit. Mom was tired of being the polite hostess...she went into the kitchen, turned on the timer and told Dave and Sherry when the time went off it was time for them to go home. LOL

Well I didn't track totally yet for yesterday. I didn't have such a good night, I didn't give in to eating, but I gave into emotions. I took 3 loads of my dads' things to Goodwill yesterday, brought 1 load home and still have more to do!!!!

I have not walked, but I got over 7K steps in yesterday. Today is church day and I usually don't get over 5K, we will see.

Okay gals glad to see all you here.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! Well, the convention is over for me (it's still going on today, I'm just not going) and today is a day of recovery. I have to go to the grocery store and get some healthy groceries. I had a great time, but am so exhausted, I'm a bit relieved it's over. I met Karla (BUGMOM92) there, she was working the game room. It was nice to meet her. I didn't want to interrupt her for too long, so I only stayed for a few minutes. She said she hopes to be back to this board soon.

@cbabie you have so much going on right now, it's no wonder you haven't jumped on the treadmill. Just don't put it off too long...just like that piece of plywood, you don't want it to grow some nasty stuff underneath! Yes, it was worth it to be all swollen and in pain...I had a great time!

@LindaCan2 welcome, Linda! It sounds like you have a great plan. I love MFP. I miss parts of WW, but I don't miss paying $48.95 a month! Good luck to you.

@theslightedgeforever I used to love the WW tv show. The reason I don't dress up like a superhero when I go to the convention is because I feel self-conscious because of my weight. Maybe when I lose the weight, I will feel more comfortable. Do you hate spiders? Maybe that's why you don't like Spiderman lol. Great NSV (the lunges). ((( SKINNY VIBES ))) for tomorrow.
  • threecharms
    Options
    Lost 2.6lb this week. I only got that kind of result my first week on WW. I think paying attention to calories and where my calories are coming from is going to work better for me!
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    theslightedgeforever: Thanks. Unfortunately, no insurance available because the property is only accessible by water. Kind of ironic isn't it - surrounded by water and destroyed by fire!!