NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    cbabie: beaver tails are donuts in the shape of a beaver tail. Nowhere near an actual beaver tail! lol

Have a good one everyone. I expect to. This is my actual 65th birthday today. Been celebrating for so long now I'm going to be sad to see it end this evening. Been fun though.

Cheers, Carol
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I went home sick from work yesterday, my throat is sore and I feel rundown. I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to work today. I think I will attempt it. My throat is still sore but I need to save my sick/vacation time for 2 weeks from now when my actual vacation is. I might just for for a half day.

@cmedwards52 happy birthday! I hope you have a great day.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all:
    Stayed OP yesterday, tracked, got my 30 min on the treadmill, however, didn't make my 10K.

@trooworld Glad you had fun on the 4th. Good idea on the homepage.

@cmedwards52 LOL ok I would eatt eh donuts. :) Hope you have a great day.

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning, I tracked and walked on the treadmill. Not much to say here. all is the same. I have another meeting with my boss today at 9:30.

I hope all is well with my other newbies.

cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. Well, I didn't end up going to work yesterday after all, I didn't think I could handle it and didn't want to spread my germs in case I was contageous. I'm feeling a bit better today, so I am going in. Eating has been okay, I have been tempted to eat comfort food to soothe myself but luckily there isn't much of that in the house right now. No exercise right now. I hope you lurkers will pop in and say "hi".

@cbabie good job tracking and treadmilling. I hope the meeting is okay.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning: Well where is everyone! Lurkers come out come out....LOL

Well I didn't track yesterday, but I am going to go put all that I ate in and I mean all. I kind of went on a mini binge. I was let go yesterday. (that's how my meeting went) I am looking at the positive...I don't have to deal with her anymore. It's funny 30 years and you wonder if you made an impact or were you just a cog in the wheel. My phone was going off all day from my co workers, that will stop, we all have lives to live. And I intend to live mine in peace. :) So time to cook better and get the lifestyle in place and then going on to look for a much better, less stressful job. It's all about health and not finances you know. I am trying to get my DH to see that. LOL

@trooworld I hope you feel better!!

cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie oh my, I'm so sorry! What a $#@!&*!!! But maybe it will be better for you in the long run, I hope. You won't have to deal with so much stress and such a horrible person. I hope you can find something better and it won't take you long. Dear me.

Hi all. I am feeling better and better every day. Stayed up a bit late (10:30 p.m., late for us!) playing a boardgame called Pandemic last night. It's a lot of fun. I weighed in today and stayed exactly the same as I have for the past couple weigh-ins. I have a plan though. Healthier meals with smaller portions and a side salad with each meal LESS CARBS (did you hear me, Carol? lol). Things won't change if things don't change.

Well, I hope you all have a good Saturday.
  • cmedwards52
    Options
    trooworld: Heard you - HURRAH FOR YOU!! Hope it works as well for you as it has for me. The last two weeks of bday parties, eating out and less exercise and I was still down 2 lbs. Its wonderful. If I can help, please don't hesitate to ask.

cbabie: I am so sorry to hear about your job but on the bright side - good riddance to your nasty boss. Would like to use a much better adjective but I'd probably get booted out of the post. I'm sure you get my drift. Make sure, in your interviews for a new job, you carefully analyze your prospective new boss. Not worth the job if its a repeat situation. I can honestly say "I know what this is like" and I don't envy you one bit, except for the fact that you are "out of there". Good luck and don't let this woman do any more damage like you eating the wrong stuff etc. She has caused you enough stress - DONE, OVER, FINISHED and that's a good thing!!

Cheers, Carol
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all:

I am relieved not to have to see the bully every day. It's drama and pressure I don't want. I understand why she doesn't have children. So I am looking forward to the next phase in my life. I have no clue what I will be doing, but I know that I will NOT work for another bully. EVER.....

I didn't do great yesteday, but didn't do horrible. I didn't get my exercise in either. But I am determined to keep moving forward in my life and health.

@trooworld YOU got THIS...
    @cmedwards52 Thanks! I agree.

Have to go get ready for church

cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I tracked about 90% of what I ingested yesterday, I didn't track an iced coffee and maybe a wine spritzer and that is it. I can go back and track it now and I think I will. I'm over my calories for the day but not too badly.

@cmedwards52 thanks, I don't think I will be doing low carb like you do, but less carbs/low carbs meaning I won't shy away from a piece of toast every once in a while but I won't plan for a carb-heavy meal either.

@cbabie I think you will end up doing much better eating-wise once things get settled in...no more bullying boss.
  • cmedwards52
    Options
    Good Morning

Well its going to be another challenging week around here. Two more bday dinners - one at our DD's this afternoon and then at a dear friend's on Tuesday. Tomorrow we are meeting friends for a late lunch out and Wednesday there will probably be a lunch out after golf. Going to have to really be on my game in order to have, at the very least, a stay the same at Friday's weigh-in. Need to ramp up the exercise this week too. Workout planned for Monday and Friday at the gym and a golf game on Wednesday although that's a short course so the exercise is not really that much. I guess I'll have to add a couple of 2 - 3 mile walks somewhere in the mix. I'm only 12 pounds from my goal so its getting harder and harder but also feels SO GOOD!! Once I get to my goal I will probably increase the carbs a bit to include some of my favs that I am missing - some fruits and veggies. I plan to stay away from wheat and sugar though for the rest of my life. I now know the wheat is a REAL problem for me. Too bad it took this long to figure that out.

trooworld: As for tracking? I don't think we do ourselves any favours leaving anything out. We might feel better at the time to not record it but we've still ingested it, so, no matter how you slice it, the calories are there! Just sayin....................................... What I sometimes do is to set my calories for the entire week, adding on the exercise calories as they are earned. My goal is to have a considerable number of excess calories at the end of the week and if I do, that usually results in a loss. If I overindulge one day, I need to earn more exercise calories to compensate. Kind of a fun challenge.

Have a good one ladies.
    Cheers, Carol

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    cmedwards Your week sounds like my week. I've had a full social calendar and have two more on Tuesday then I'm done. I'm glad you are getting close to goal. That's so exciting. Your traditions for Canada Day sound fun. I love picnics and BBQ outings. I think I just like being outside in the sun. I could have the same food indoors and it's just not quite the same. I'm from IL and think anything north of me is COLD. The older I am, the more the cold seems to affect me. So I'm glad to hear it's great weather where you live. I looked up Fraser Valley on the map. Beautiful. I have a friend that lives in Portland and she said they don't usually get snow but this year was the exception. Happy Belated Birthday.

cbabie Come on and make a vision board. It can be a work in progress. Each day you add just one thing. I finally finished mine. It looks more like the first one. Sounds like you have been walking tracking consistently this week. Sorry about you being let go. Where one door closes........ At least now you don't have to put up with your micromanager. You have more time to cook and use that food processor. Remember the list you once made on what you would do if you retired. Well here's your chance. While you are looking for another job, take advantage of all the free time at your disposal.

trooworld The picture I showed of the first vision board was on Pinterest. I made one similar. The clothespins are a tangible way to show how much weight I need to lose and have lost. When you lose a lb, you move a clothespin from top row to bottom. They are in groups of 10. So you can visualize 10 lbs at a time. I hope you are feeling better.

Ok finally caught up. I realized I forgot to post the WW Meeting Highlights last week. So this week you get a two-fer

https://youtu.be/IQHy9p6H59k

https://youtu.be/alTC6iVZb-I

• theslightedgeforever
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I lost 0.1 lbs this week. This is on my vision board between the clothespins.

t20s49tvrrlo.jpg

vsb77oteqfcx.gif

• trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. Not too much going on here. I had a good day yesterday, was under my calories and today will be under my calories unless I'm not lol. I'm pretracked so unless someone brings in a chocolate something or other and I can't keep my hands out of it, I'll be okay. But I'm going to be mindful and practice my techniques if they do bring in free food. My technique for free food is to go take a 5 minute walk and think about if I really do want to eat whatever they brought.

@cmedwards52 congrats on being so close to goal! It sounds like you do have a challenging week. Good luck! I agree about tracking--- when we leave things out we are only fooling ourselves. When you say you set your calories for the week, are you saying you pretrack? I do that too sometimes. For instance, I have already pretracked my day today, so all I have to do is tweak it. I don't add in my exercise because I don't like to eat my exercise calories back.

@theslightedgeforever thanks for posting the meeting highlights. I like the turtle saying, it's appropriate for my weight loss. :)
  • trooworld
    Options
    Oh dear me, I'm talking to myself today.

Hello all! Yesterday was the best day I've had in a long time. I ate perfectly within my calorie and carb range and I felt awesome. The only thing missing from the equation was exercise. I had to go to the dentist after work yesterday. Today, I plan to go for a walk while I talk with my Vida health coach so I'll get at least 20-25 minutes of a walk in. I might also go for a walk on my 10 minute afternoon break, we'll see.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning;

I am still here. Just trying to figure out what to do. I am not used to staying at home. However, the good news is that I stayed OP yesterday! I tracked everything and made somewhat good choices.

@trooworld Good for you, you stuck to your plan. One daty and One stp at a time.

@theslightedgeforever I am trying to take one day at a time, but putting deadlines on things. This week is making sure that I get all the exams that insurance will cover while I still have insurance.

@cmedwards52 sounds like you have things planned and I agree about the tracking...it's a good way to look at it. Thanks!

Cbabie
  • That_Country_Girl82
    That_Country_Girl82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Question?? Which does everyone think is better ww or mfp? I have done both. So far I am thinking mfp is better.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld if someone brings in a chocolate something or other you just hold out your hand in a stop motion and say no thank you, it's not on my plan today. You are in control of the situation. The more you do that the easier it becomes. It won't be the last time that someone brings in something. You might even build into your pretracked plan some calories for a splurge one day a month or whatever you feel would be beneficial to you and your health journey. That way it is on your plan. If you don't use them, no problem. You'll use them the next time. Did you get your walk in?

cbabie Make a list of all those things you wanted to do when you retired. knit, read, sleep, cook, it will take some time to transition as you look for another job. But enjoy this downtime before you are back in the ratrace again. Go volunteer somewhere. Where would you make a difference in someone's life?

@That_Country_Girl82 I like MFP better. Welcome to the group. I like their database and the reports.

I've been sick the last day and a half. Some kind of virus. I'll live but it's putting a damper on my exercise. Food has been good. Hopefully no fever tomorrow so I can get back to it.

• trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! I talked with my Vida coach last night about why I can't be consistent in my efforts (my words). I think it's because I've got so much weight to lose that I'm overwhelmed by the number, I might as well be trying to wish for a million dollars. She suggested I put the bigger picture COMPLETELY out of my mind, no more saying, "my ultimate goal is to get down to 155" and just focus on losing 5% of my weight (11 lbs). So, that's what I'm going to try. I've tried setting rewards in the past, I have a whole list of them, but they just don't motivate me. Just focusing and achieving one goal might though. So far, I'm doing well this week since about Friday.

@cbabie great job! Now just repeat each day, right? re: insurance...you can have COBRA for a while, right?

@That_Country_Girl82 Hi! Welcome! I don't think one is neccessarily better than the other, it just depends on which one works better for you and which one you will be more apt to be consistent with. One advantage that MFP has over WW is that it is free. On the other hand, WW, if you are a meeting member, has the advantage of real life support through the meetings. For me, personally, MFP is the right way to go for now due to finances and also I like the ease of tracking. Just my 2 cents! :)

@theslightedgeforever I just talked to my Vida coach last night about taking an 80/20 mentality rather than the black and white mentality I currently have. She wants me to give myself permission to make perhaps less healthy choices 20% of the time, while eating healthy 80% of the time. Yes, I got my walk in, I went to the gym and walked 30 minutes on the treadmill. First time at the gym in weeks. I hope you feel better soon.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning : I just couldn't get up today. I am in a funk. I will shake out of it I am sure, but today....
    I tracked everything, but I think I need to just go to bed even if I am hungry. It leads to bad food choices before sleeping.

@trooworld Yes I think you got good advice, sounds like you're going to listen too.LOL

@That_Country_Girl82 Welcome! I lost a lot of weight on WW, but that is what I needed at the time. No matter which you choose, you need a good support group. It's really not a journey you want to do alone. I like MFP, the data base is good, these people here is someplace I can just be honest and not worry about finger pointing or condemnation/judgment...but support and ideas that work for them and might work for me.

@theslightedgeforever I am working VBS right now...yea I don't want to go back into the Children's ministry..LOL

Okay gotta run
    cbabie