NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all:
    No my meeting didn't go well...I have another letter in my file. 30 years of being a go to person, well respected and talked highly of has gone down the tubes in the last 3 months! OH well...I know I am who I am, she has a control problem...in spite of that...I am still tracking and staying OP. I didn't exercise yesterday, but I did today.

@trooworld I am so happy for your scale response...you keep on target!!
    @shonat11 Yea I have a trailer full of my dad's stuff still sitting..I hope you went for your walk. Always makes me feel better.
    @theslightedgeforever I need my boss to stop micro managing me. We just lost a salesperson saying my boss was one that it was her way or the highway...I just laughed and said yes and you took the highway. LOL

okay gotta run to that place I call work.

Cbabie
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Good evening,
    I've been over my calories a few times this week and am still not exercising that much so I shouldn't be surprised by my slight weight gain . Frustrating though. Hopefully it'll soon start going down!
    @trooworld . Well done for your loss! Keep it up! Hope doctor's visit ok.
    @cbabie . Sorry to hear about your meeting! Sounds like you have a lot to deal with at work but it's great you're still tracking. Your health is so much more important than that seriously nasty person!
    @theslightedgeforever . Yes I had a good walk and managed some clearing.I love your idea of squares on the floor.I may try it with my kids. Hope you're doing ok and had a good rest day.

Hope you all have a good weekend,
    Shona
  • jocm2225
    jocm2225 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, this looks like a great place to visit.....
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. I did 30 min of strength training today. Food is OP I've pretracked. All is well.
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Yes! Well done !!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Well, I went to the doctor because I wanted to talk about the arthritis and what to expect out of it and what could be done. And what was the first thing out of his mouth? LOSE WEIGHT. He told me the same crap he's been telling me for years and that I already know: track your calories, eat more veggies, blah blah blah, exercise...I was so mad. He wants me to get down to 180 lbs. He doesn't listen to what I tell him, I tell him every time I am working on weight loss, I track my calories, I eat a lower carb diet, I don't eat junk (for the most part), I don't eat processed foods. I don't know how to get my point across to him. I guess I just have to lose the weight so he will shut up about it lol.

@cbabie I'm so sorry. Can you go to someone above her about this unfair treatment? Or would that just make it worse? Great job on the exercise!

@shonat11 at least you are tracking, that's something!

@jocm2225 it is a great place to visit. Welcome! Come in, make yourself at home. We like newcomers! :)

@theslightedgeforever GREAT JOB!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    shonat11 I still play that square game when I clean my bedroom lol or sometimes the kitchen. I can get easily overwhelmed and then don't want to do anything. The more you know me the more you know I'm still a kid and like to play games. I even play games for my health journey. Whatever works, right?

@jocm2225 Welcome to the group

trooworld Don't all doctors say that? Lose weight. But it's true. Extra weight and obesity cause/contribute to most of the diseases and conditions that are out there. My problem is not knowledge but consistency in follow through. in one of my books this week it told a story similar to yours. The lady's name was Becky and she said she had been trying to lose weight. Then this other person told her that she was interested in losing weight but not committed. Committed means following your plan for food, water, and exercise every day NO MATTER WHAT. So then the author asked Are you interested or committed? Based on results all these years I've been interested but a few times committed. I'm ready for full time commitment. Hooray for your weight loss. Sounds like you were committed this week. So with all those snacks on hand, what made you go for the pie. Have you tried self talk? Some of the games I play are I can have it in 20 mins if I still want it. (usually I don't anymore) I can have some but not right now. Just wait a bit. Then there is me singing the song Walk on By-Dionne Warwick's version. You could try saying pie will keep me fat and make my arthritis worse. It's just supermarket pie, it's not really worth the calories. I am in control today and I choose to eat my healthy snacks I have.

cbabie Tell your boss quit micromanaging you. I think they are trying to get rid of you because you have been there so many years that you probably have one of the higher salaries/benefits. They want more profit and money in their pockets.

Exercise is done for the day and food is OP so far. Even all my water is down. I am in control and I am committed. I will lose my one lb this week.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. Thanks to @theslightedgeforever, I realized I have not been committed, only interested in weight loss. Since reading her post this morning, I have gone off and down a rabbit hole reading the difference between being interested and being committed. If you are interested, this page has a nice summary: http://whs-stl.com/2017/02/01/commitment-vs-interest/

Now, what to do about it? I know my mindset needs to change, I just don't know how to do it. Actually, as I type this, I'm on another page on that same site about change. Steps to change include vision, preparation, action and then results. It's something to explore with my Vida coach.

Busy day today, food prep for the week. Now, I'm off to do a little social media lurking before I do food prep! Have a great day everyone.

@theslightedgeforever I'm not sure why I went for the pie, I think it was kind of an automatic stress response to be honest. I think I've not been committed, or I've only been half committed. NO, I've been interested and exploring my interest more than anything. I don't know how to get committed. I have a plan for free food, my plan is to take a walk for 5 minutes or just go think about the free food for 5 minutes and then make a decision whether or not to have it, but I didn't do that, I just reached for that stupid not-worth-it pie. Great job on your committment!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    I lost 3.3 lbs this week.

d15f6ww6gq97.gif
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Was an absolutely PERFECT CANADA DAY yesterday - well except for the rain in Ottawa where the biggest celebration took place! Beautiful day here in British Columbia and we enjoyed every minute of it.

All in all, we did our Country proud - HAPPY 150 TH CANADA!! So happy to have lucked out and been born a Canadian and our three little granddaughters are 6th generation English Canadian and 9th generation French Canadian. Not sure you can get much more Canadian than that!

Now that those celebrations and my bday celebrations (except for two more dinners out) are over, I can get back to the task at hand. Losing the last 12 pounds. Hurray, only 12 although I do know those will not be easy to rid.

trooworld: I know I've mentioned this before but the one and only thing that has finally made the difference for me is this low-carb diet. 35 net carbs per day. So in order to do that - leave out ALL sugar; wheat; potatoes, corn, peas etc. It is amazing how well this works and believe me I have tried EVERYTHING. When you do the low-carb you eat full fat so everything tastes amazing and you won't feel hungry which naturally leads you to crave the stuff you shouldn't have. Leaving out sugar will lead to no more craving sweets. I LOVE that. Why not give it a "committed" try. What have you got to lose??? Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

Well I'm off to enjoy another day of this wonderful sunshine with DH.

Have a good one!

Cheers, Carol
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Interesting. I was reading a blog over on Sparkpeople and at the very bottom was this. Very fitting for today.

eiqrfy3a7qzn.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Made a good butternut squash dish tonight with bacon and spinach. Tried to eat fish. Blech.
    Off to exercise.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! I volunteered to work today = double pay, so it isn't so bad. Lots of people at work have the day off. For me, I'll get some work done and get some money. I'm really tired though, stayed up too late. I'm working 6:30-1, early day. Have a great day!

@theslightedgeforever wow congrats that is AWESOME!!!!!! Interesting that that pic was on that blog today! Yay for trying fish, too bad you didn't like it. I'm glad your butternut squash dish came out good.

@cmedwards52 happy belated Canada Day! Thanks for the support. I need to do something.

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning: went off the wheel on Sat & Sun..but church was so good on Sunday, food for thought. Then I have this sister that just keeps saying commitment..not interest...I have never been really committed to much in my life. It's been one of what ever came my way I just fixed it, lived with it, took care of it...never goals. I am not sure why as I wasn't really raised that way. So I have been thinking....that's never good.LOL I am committed to church, you can't stop me from going there, I am committed to my husband..(not sure why) only kidding...so why don't I feel the same about my health. I think because I have always had good health..But I KNOW that my lifestyle with the stress that is in my life will play an important role and I really don't want to be like my parents. BUT what do I do to keep that in front of me. I keep my prayers in front of me...so why not y health. I think I need to work on a visual board. So I made my breakfast..eggs, spinach and tomatoes.. YUM.

@trooworld I don't think they could pay me enough to work today..LOL glad you only work until 1. Enjoy the rest of your day.

@theslightedgeforever good for you on your exercise..I think you are finally settling in after your vacation.

@cmedwards52 Happy Canadian Day!! You know its good to be proud of who you are! :)

Okay, hopefully this will be a productive day!

Cbabie
  • cmedwards52
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to my American friends and neighbours. Enjoy your Special Day!
    Cheers, Carol
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! I hope you are all doing something fun today. Me? I'm still thinking about commitment vs interest and my health. I'm also going to be doing some things to prep for the rest of the week, putting some food in the crockpot and folding laundry.

@cbabie , a vision board sounds like a good plan. I have a secret board on pinterest that I use as a vision board, I'll try to post a screenshot of it. I save ideas, vacation goals and quotes to my secret vision board. I need to use it more. Thanks for the reminder! I'm with you, I'm committed to certain things in my life 100% but my weight loss, not so much. I take my health for granted, I have no major illnesses and assume it's going to be like that forever which it won't be.

tgfdtl9trkvz.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld I hope you had a good day at work. At least there won't be lots of goodies around to get in to. I tried making "cauliflower rice" tater tots today. Now they were yummy. I think next time I might shape them into hash brown type patties. Nice vision board. I decided to go to a non-virtual one because I don't look at it everyday. It needs to be right there in my face. Multiple times of the day.

cbabie I think you were thrown into the role of "take care of it" early in life. You never got to do anything just for you. Just remember whatever I tell you all, I'm really just telling myself. You all get the advantage of being around me. lol I have a vision board on trello. But I decided to go bigger. Go big or go home. I went out yesterday and bought supplies to make me a big one. Here's my guide.....

zavm3xtttiyc.jpg

I've seen on pinterest people who just use a big white board and write it all out like this....

l6n7lzh0n699.jpg

cmedwards Happy Canada Day. Do you all have any traditions on this special day? I'd love to be an honorary Canadian. The more I read about your country the more I like it. Except maybe for the cold?

So Happy 4th to you all. Make wise decisions if you are having BBQs.

• cmedwards52
    Options
    theslightedgeforever: Where in America do you live? Our poor Canada gets such a bad rap about always being COLD. Many parts of our country are cold in the WINTER but not all year. Here in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia (about 65 miles East of Vancouver BC) for instance, we get 30C plus temps for most of our summer, beautiful Springs and Falls and usually very mild winters, often without a flake of that white stuff (this year was an exception by a long shot). We can golf all year. In fact in 2010, the year of the Olympics here in Whistler, we were golfing in shorts and short sleeve shirts in January. It really is a very comfortable, very beautiful place to call home.

As for traditions for Canada Day? I'd say its much like your 4th of July. We celebrate our beautiful country with family and friends often with parties in local parks, bbqs in someone's backyard etc. All complete with Canadian Flag and maple leaf decorations and fireworks to round out the evening. And of course you can often find some of our favourite Canadian cuisine - poutine; beaver tails; smoked salmon; butter tarts; and of course anything "maple". Oh and don't forget our Canadian beer.

I, for one, would love for you to be an honorary Canadian. Welcome!!

Cheers, Carol
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning:

I am thinking of this as Monday, but it means I only work M-W..LOL I am making better choices, but not great ones. The good news is that I get up each day and say okay how can I stay on track..I haven't thrown in the towel yet. My Pastor has this saying that says a righteous man gets up seven times..not sure what that means, but I take it as he just keeps on getting up even if he falls down.

@cmedwards52 Sounds like you have great weather...I can do with out the beaver tails, but then, I can't even eat fish if looks like a fish...my food must be disguised. LOL

@theslightedgeforever I love the first board. I don't know what I would put on mine and I don't think we will find out..LOL

@trooworld I like your virtual board, but that is part of my problem..I have too many places to look and keep track of right now. Just like I am getting ready for my work day and facing my boss...I have 2 forms to fill out for her and they have the exact same requirements, but one is for each day with a list of my min by min plays and the other is the face to face calls only...and we have the same info in our system...I keep my own personal list..so that's 4 entries...learning cut and paste..but have to get a routine down..I only do well in routines.

@gemwolf110 Hope you had a great 4th and finish the week strong.. :)

cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all! I'm so glad it's Weds! Last night was awful, someone was setting off illegal fireworks and it scared our poor pup, he was whimpering and we were trying to comfort him the best we could, we had the windows shut and the fan on but it was hot and I couldn't sleep and neither could he. I hope you all had a good 4th, we didn't do anything special, just sat around listening to American or patriotic music, arguing about what deserved to be put on that playlist lol. It was fun.

@theslightedgeforever I have my Pinterest vision board set as my homepage so that every time I open my browser it pops up. That picture is your board??? I LOVE IT! What are the little clothespins for?

@cbabie Wow, she does sound like a micromanager (your boss). I do well with routines as well. Yes, thank god it's now Weds!!!