Pokemon go

Options

Replies

• imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love pokemon go! Makes me walk that little bit further each day to hatch eggs and what not.
    There's a pokestop at my gym too so that's a bonus! And I have one at work aswel! haha
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    we are headed to the closest city on Friday....there is a spot downtown that has 4 stops in a small area (tourist place) just for the fun of it.

I am with those who feel it's a good thing...my husband is walking...nuff said.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    It was released July 6th

It is now 20 days later and you have reached your weight loss goals already? Did you only have a few pounds to lose?

Weightloss goal doesn't necessarily mean goal weight has been achieved, could be minor goals like getting 10k steps etc

But anyway, Pokemon go, I don't get it, is it just an excuse to walk around staring at your phone.

Pokemon I get, collecting, fighting, beating the fantastic four or what ever their name was. It was a pretty solid game.

But Pokemon go seems to have stripped back the game too much, isn't fighting a matter of swiping left or right on your phone? Or have I been misinformed?

But to each their own, I will stick to Pokemon yellow on my game boy colour if I want to play Pokemon. :smiley:

I don't think you can battle. You can only collect Pokemon. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It was released July 6th

It is now 20 days later and you have reached your weight loss goals already? Did you only have a few pounds to lose?

Weightloss goal doesn't necessarily mean goal weight has been achieved, could be minor goals like getting 10k steps etc

But anyway, Pokemon go, I don't get it, is it just an excuse to walk around staring at your phone.

Pokemon I get, collecting, fighting, beating the fantastic four or what ever their name was. It was a pretty solid game.

But Pokemon go seems to have stripped back the game too much, isn't fighting a matter of swiping left or right on your phone? Or have I been misinformed?

But to each their own, I will stick to Pokemon yellow on my game boy colour if I want to play Pokemon. :smiley:

I don't think you can battle. You can only collect Pokemon. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

you battle at the gym locations actually.

and the fighting is not just swipes that is a way to defend the other pokemon attacks.

In the gym you can practice if your team has the gym and that increases the gyms prestige.
    You get points for that as well to help you level.
    If the gym is under control of another team you can go in and battle to take it from them or lose if you don't have strong enough pokemon.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    It was released July 6th

you battle at the gym locations actually.

and the fighting is not just swipes that is a way to defend the other pokemon attacks.

In the gym you can practice if your team has the gym and that increases the gyms prestige.
    You get points for that as well to help you level.
    If the gym is under control of another team you can go in and battle to take it from them or lose if you don't have strong enough pokemon.

I mean battling them aside from a gym. In the regular Pokemon games, to catch the pokemon you would throw a pokeball and battle to catch it. Youd also battle at gyms to collect badges.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    It was released July 6th

It's one of the stupidest games ever, and it's not an excuse to stare at your phone, but it's an excuse to walk around without being so bored. But I agree it's very stripped. And battling isn't even about swiping just taping the pokemon you're battling.

All that said I'm almost level 22 I've walked 126km playing and I've registered 81 pokemon, not to mention countless hours playing.

You've gotta look at it not as a regular pokemon game and more of a way to explore your city, walk around with friends, and socialize with people you've never met.
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Last weekend I walked 16 city blocks instead of calling an uber because there were about 50 pokestops between myself and my destination. I literally never would have done that before this game.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    My son is trying to teach me some strategy - like to look at the Pokemon in enemy gyms and determine by type which of my Pokemon are better to attack. Such as not attacking water with fire. For things like this, it would be helpful if I had watched the series as then I'd know the characters. But this is all over my head at the moment.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My daughter was saving all her Pidgeys, and Pidgey candy, meaning to do the same. She was aiming for 100 pidgey candy and was almost there. Then her boyfriend got her phone and wasted all her candy and star dust powering up pidgeys. She is plotting her revenge.
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I let my husband do all the research now...he has a plan for after his night shifts to sit and evolve a bunch using a lucky egg (2x exp) for 30mins so we can level higher...

I get so many Pidgey where I work- I am up to 505 Pidgey candy. I plan on doing the lucky egg thing when I hit level 20- I'm at 18 atm!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and my wife and I love it. Gets us off the couch. I find it similar to fishing. But good lord. If you try to explain it to someone, you sound like a lunatic.

I tried explaining it to my father and he was like "Is it a simulation for dog fighting??".......Kinda, but I am more of a collector.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and my wife and I love it. Gets us off the couch. I find it similar to fishing. But good lord. If you try to explain it to someone, you sound like a lunatic.

I tried explaining it to my father and he was like "Is it a simulation for dog fighting??".......Kinda, but I am more of a collector.

Ha. Me too. Animal cruelty is wrong.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I loved Pokemon as a kid so I played the game for a few days when it came out.
    What got old for me was the lack of training Pokemon and the need to travel across town to get to gyms.
  • allyalexandria
    allyalexandria Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ha ha. I hit level 20 yay and I have a Val Porian 1430 so funking good. Yay me. Ha ha , still lovin poker on . My strategy is I don't even bother with Ratatat so I hate them. PIgeys are the best. I'm going to save up 100 eggs and evolve some Draconies
  • teanahk
    teanahk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yay. Level 20 gives you ultra balls!

I made level 21 today. 7km left to hit 100. I caught my first bulbosaur too.
    I'll toss two pokeballs max at a ratatat, pidgey, or weedle and just run away if that doesn't catch them.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    It gets my 11 year old to walk the dog and hike with me so I like the game despite never having played it.
  • shell617
    shell617 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love playing this app with my son who is 10 and I'm 43. The dog loves the extra walks as well. I have learnt so much history from some of the pokestops & me and my son have spoken to loads of people. I'm on level 15 but still after that elusive pikachu. We also love walking to open the eggs it all counts towards the exercise.
  • pdgoffin
    pdgoffin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    level 22 but now bored with it.

Without any way to track where Pokemon are, there's little chance of me filling my Pokedex.. At the current rate, it'll take more than 5 years to evolve some of mine.

They do need to fix that tracker.