Pokemon go

Options
1235»

Replies

• SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    You fill the Pokedex by hatching eggs. Most eggs come with way more candy than just catching the same Pokemon in the wild. For me, the point of the game is to get out and walk, and the eggs are what motivate that.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    shell617 wrote: »
    I love playing this app with my son who is 10 and I'm 43. The dog loves the extra walks as well. I have learnt so much history from some of the pokestops & me and my son have spoken to loads of people. I'm on level 15 but still after that elusive pikachu. We also love walking to open the eggs it all counts towards the exercise.

Try hatching 2km eggs. I got two of my three Pikachu that way. They can be *really* hard to catch in the wild; they kept running away from me after escaping from pokeballs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like it but it's frustrating when you live in the middle of nowhere. I get one new pokemon a day if I'm lucky, and that's from hatching eggs (I usually walk 5km a day - well more when the app is slow to update). Heck yesterday I saw a new one and it escaped after one throw (which it escaped from, of course.. after I gave it a berry). Frustrating as hell. Everything else was rittatas, pidgets, and weebles... and that was a 5 miles walk! Eggs are frustrating though, I had to walk over 8 miles to hatch that 10km egg. So buggy and slow to update sometimes.

So I just play while I do my walk at this point... I mean, why not? It's something to do and I can listen to my music at the same time anyway (takes half my phone battery though. Ouch). I'm almost level 12...

I have no interest in gyms and stuff.
  • danovakidd
    danovakidd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the app. I've been playing through my summer holidays and now I'm level 19.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    pdgoffin wrote: »
    level 22 but now bored with it.

Without any way to track where Pokemon are, there's little chance of me filling my Pokedex.. At the current rate, it'll take more than 5 years to evolve some of mine.

They do need to fix that tracker.

I hope they roll out the Sightings and Nearby for everyone soon!
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    pdgoffin wrote: »
    level 22 but now bored with it.

Without any way to track where Pokemon are, there's little chance of me filling my Pokedex.. At the current rate, it'll take more than 5 years to evolve some of mine.

They do need to fix that tracker.

I hope they roll out the Sightings and Nearby for everyone soon!

It relies on pokestops, though - my nearest is a mile away!

There's a couple of good locations in striking distance that I'm hoping to take the boys to, this week - if my hip stops bloody hurting enough to walk on it. I'm almost level 25 and reaching the point where I need to be quite specific in order to fill out my pokedex.