Costco

Options
124»

Replies

• aquablue_1111
    aquablue_1111 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like Costco too but I agree that some things aren't always cheaper/better at Costco. We like:
    • Watermelons - HUGE and only $5-$6 each. Other grocery stores will have the same price but smaller watermelons.
    • Kirkland protein/high fiber bars - 20g of protein and an insane amount of fiber. Flavors are cookie dough and chocolate. So good. On some days, I'll carve out calories to eat it as dessert.
    • Kirkland frozen turkey patties - I don't know the price at other stores to be honest, but I love how much protein the patties give you. I put the frozen patty on a cold pan, heat up my stove top and cover. In about 5-7 minutes, it's done.
    • Trident frozen Salmon patties - delicious! Again, I don't really know the price but they're good. We usually wait for the coupon so it's a little cheaper. Same as the turkey patties. I don't have to defrost and I cook it frozen.
    • Trident frozen pollock patties - same...so tasty! And recently, my Costco was having a buy 1 get 1 free. Yeah...we stocked up.
    • Protein powders - we were able to get Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Double Chocolate for dirt cheap a few months back b/c Costco had a coupon for them. We also recently bought Musclepharm cookie dough. Also with the coupon. Yum!
    • Pecans - If you need a bag of pecans asap, the price is pretty good. I can get them a little cheaper if I wait for a sale at the other store but if you're in a bind, the price at Costco is much cheaper than all the other stores' non-sale price.
    • Dried Parsley - price is great for how much you get.
    • Baby Diapers and wipes - We haven't used them in a few years but back then, the price was very reasonable. If we had the time and energy, I guess we could've stalked other stores for their diaper sales but we didn't. Didn't have problems with leaking and the wipes were very soft.
    • Girls leggings - they come in pack of 3 and the cotton is thick. We like HM for girls leggings but the material can be thin. The Costco ones are nicely made. Decent price.
    • Kirkland canned chicken - Super lean protein. I'm sure not everyone will be sold on the flavor but I put it in a salad with full-fat sour cream, lemon pepper seasoning, vinegar and whatever veggie I have. Tastes pretty good.