August (2016) Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    @5512bf - I had an Os trigonum excision (removed an accessory bone attached to the back of the talus, inside the empty space of the joint) and accessory soleus debulking (basically, I had an extra calf muscle that extended down through the ankle joint into my heel, so they cut it out, too). Luckily, I didn't have any serious damage to the structure of my ankle, since everything they removed was extra. I have been dealing with some FHL tendon issues, because the muscle and bone were compressing it (the tendon was wedged against my talus so badly that it was wavy--looked like a strip of bacon in the MRI).

Unfortunately, from what little information I could find on my issues, it is likely that I also have one or both in my other ankle, as well. I haven't had any imaging done on it, which is the norm, so I don't know for sure. No need if it's not bothering you, right? So, now I just have to hope that the other ankle stays happy.
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    @Somebody_Loved Hope your plan works for you to do the HM in September!
  • dowelahmed
    dowelahmed Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Quite an eventful week last week, played a bit of football (quite badly!) and needed some rest after that. Anyway onwards to week 6 of my C25K program, with some adjustment to my goal seeing as I'm going further than I realised. I'm getting that feeling I can do this, in a way I can't wait to do my first 5K!

exercise.png
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    @Elise4270 @BetterMike that picture is all over the place. it's real. it's pretty awesome.
    there was another one where it looks like he is skipping and smiling too

We were watching it live and my husband comment that he'd seen Bolt turn and smile for the camera so I agree, it's real!

@ceciliaslater Good luck with your plan now that you are *almost* officially released :)

@Somebody_Loved Sorry about the knee :-/

@blancahsieh Welcome to the group!

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 @BetterMike that picture is all over the place. it's real. it's pretty awesome.

Haha! Crazy! I watched it but must have missed him smiling and turning towards the camera! Gatlin came in second and I can't see that he's second, so I thought no way it's real.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Haha! Crazy! I watched it but must have missed him smiling and turning towards the camera! Gatlin came in second and I can't see that he's second, so I thought no way it's real.

I believe this picture was taken during the semifinals earlier in the day. They showed him on the replay turning to his right and left looking around. Also in the finals he wore gold spikes.

nexv2il0of5e.jpg
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Yes, I remember those gold shoes!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I believe this picture was taken during the semifinals earlier in the day. They showed him on the replay turning to his right and left looking around. Also in the finals he wore gold spikes.

nexv2il0of5e.jpg

Yes I went back and watched both. I can see him turn in the heat, but not the finals. Question answered. I'd been shocked if he took focus off the gold to peacock for the camera. Awesome photo though! Now I see why he stated he knew the gold was his.
  • 5512bf
    5512bf Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It's crazy the ease at which the ultra elite make these races look. The pace the men's 10k was going early on looks so easy for them, most were not even breathing hard until the last 3-4 laps when the pace picked up to sub 4:00 miles.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Sorry about the double post this morning. I attempted to post my run this morning and replaced the left angle brackets with parentheses. Still wanted "approval". Blah! What seems to work is only posting part of the message and edit it by adding a little more and more. Weird! Whoever is doing the "approval" this morning did a quick job of it. I sent a PM to Nova and Jordan (2 folks that were listed as staff members at the top message in the Challenge forum) Saturday morning and neither have even read my PM. Ridiculous!
    @Stoshew71 Maybe try posting on the helpdesk site ( http://myfitnesspal.desk.com )?
    I've asked questions there once or twice, usually you get a reply rather quickly.
  • DayLi77
    DayLi77 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @cljoe7 I envy the kayaking! I went kayaking for the first time this summer. I may have to buy one when they are on sale at the end of the season.

So much fun! I've only done it a few times but I love it :smile: I'd vote yes for you getting one at the end of the season :smile:

Back from the "wilds" of Michigan now (he he) :wink: though, and back to real life. Sigh....
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Sorry about the double post this morning. I attempted to post my run this morning and replaced the left angle brackets with parentheses. Still wanted "approval". Blah! What seems to work is only posting part of the message and edit it by adding a little more and more. Weird! Whoever is doing the "approval" this morning did a quick job of it. I sent a PM to Nova and Jordan (2 folks that were listed as staff members at the top message in the Challenge forum) Saturday morning and neither have even read my PM. Ridiculous!
    @Stoshew71 Maybe try posting on the helpdesk site ( http://myfitnesspal.desk.com )?
    I've asked questions there once or twice, usually you get a reply rather quickly.

Thanks @_nikkiwolf_
    I actually emailed them at the desk on Friday. When my case wasn't assigned an agent by Saturday (and still isn't at this point) I then tried PMing 2 individual Staff members that are supposed to respond.

mc7g89m0qu3r.jpg
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Actually, I just noticed that Nova replied to my PM. Apparently, it's the number One Hundred Nineteen. Well if I typed the actual 3 digits, apparently spammers are hitting the site and that number seems to be the thing that they type the most. So I guess I need to be careful running that many miles. I need to stop running at 118.9 miles or go straight to 120 miles. :neutral:

EDIT: Oh! And, One space One space Nine is also getting flagged.

EDIT #2: I just confirmed this and posted a comment with this number in it, and sure enough, it never posted with the pop-up that the comment will appear after it has been approved. It will be interesting if they approve it, because I left a note for the approvers to just delete it if they see it.

EDIT #3: Another note from Nova. Don't try running One thousand eighty, or try and post that number. I guess you have to spell it out if you need to post either of those 2 numbers.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Actually, I just noticed that Nova replied to my PM. Apparently, it's the number One Hundred Nineteen. Well if I typed the actual 3 digits, apparently spammers are hitting the site and that number seems to be the thing that they type the most. So I guess I need to be careful running that many miles. I need to stop running at 118.9 miles or go straight to 120 miles. :neutral:

See that is why I only run 110 a month - I don't have time for all that crap. :smile: Glad you found out the problem.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @Stoshew71 Wow. Least you have an answer.
  • DayLi77
    DayLi77 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Well I'm part way caught up with all the posts I've missed, but I just want to chime in here and say I love everyone's dog photos & stories! Except, of course, the news of your sick doggie, @katharmonic. I'm glad she's improved though. And I'm sending you big hugs, @Elise4270 - - hang in there.

@Stoshew71 glad you got the "needs approval" issue figure out. How frustrating!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options

See that is why I only run 110 a month - I don't have time for all that crap. :smile: Glad you found out the problem.

Glad that problem is solved. I doubt I'll ever have to worry about it though! I'll never reach that many miles in a month or that many lbs...........in this lifetime....... :p
  • theresawindsor7374
    Options
    Is anyone training for an upcoming race? If so what is your distance you are training for?