Done with fast food.

Options

Replies

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I could so tear into this bad boy!!! However, willpower has won out..I haven't had fast food in some time..although I have had a couple of Egg McMuffins in the past few months..

I love the McGriddles..those sumbitches are tasty!

eisxf5wsalnw.jpg

should make them at home its really cool... boil some maple syrup poor it out on wax paper let harden then crush into little pieces. poor pancake mix into the pan, sprinkle with syrup shards, poor more pancake on top. boob mcgriddle pillowy pockets of syrup joyness.
  • dearcassandrab
    dearcassandrab Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome. Yeah I miss some of the food like I could so go for some Panda Express right now but I'm going to at least try to go 3 months without it and see how I feel! My boyfriend lives and breathes fast food so this will be a challenge. Lol the 7-11 in Japan sounds cool! Wow the things you learn on MFP! Kimmy I know the struggle don't apologize! Lol I'm glad everyone is commenting it's been very cool to see all the different opinions! And hearing about those who quit it gives me hope. :/ it's going to be hard!
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My son doesn't like Panda Express. He chewed down on a really spicy pepper there once and it was a long time before his mouth felt fine. He was about 10 at the time and it was actually funny after he stopped panicking. Whenever I hear or see Panda Express I remember his horrified face from when he bit into the pepper.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Aside from fast food which is a hardly ever for me, in part because it's a pain to get where I live (London, not actually that many drive throughs and high street outlets are usually a total pain for parking if you just want to nip in and out). Take out though, I have that pretty regularly. But I live in an area with great take away food. Chinese, Japanese, Persian, wood fired pizza, even burgers that are a million times better than McDs. So that's more likely my go to when I don't/can't cook. Just because it didn't come from your own kitchen doesn't make it inherently bad.

Trickier to log sure but I'm good at eyeballing now and it's caused no issues with my losses. We're not nearly so salt happy here either so I don't often get that take out sodium spike others take about.
  • JasonL2000
    JasonL2000 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh I hadn't thought about subway. If you have the carbs in the budget that is probably one of the better places to get get food from.
  • kbmh611
    kbmh611 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes and I understand that I'm in a forum and will get different opinions it was a joke. Lol sorry I didn't mean to come of offensively. I'm just a bitter lady who misses eating cheese and drinking milk not derived from nuts so don't pay me any mind! @VintageFeline on a side note I loved McDonald's fries so much sodium though.

No matter what you post on mfp you're bound to offend someone, annoy others, or (and usually) just cause arguments. Some people are big into calorie= calorie. Some are low carb, low fat, vegan, paleo, etc which can cause conflicting issues.

For what it's worth I understood the point of your post and I wish you luck with it. I think (notice my opinion) people shouldn't eat fast food but maybe once a month at most. If they did they'd be more healthy.

I'm glad you pointed this out. In my short time visiting these boards, I've noticed you can't say what works for you or give opinions without someone jumping down your throat about it. Most people are cool, but some take every little thing personally when the comment is not offensive in any way. Its only someone's personal experience or what has been successful for them. I've never seen anything like it. I think before people start snapping they should take a break from the board, take a deep breath, and go have a Twinkie or something.
    In regards to fast food, I use to eat it all the time, I've cut back to almost no fast food and I can testify that I feel completely different. I don't feel as bloated or tired. I also no longer wake up in the middle of the night with acid reflux. I do occasionally pick up something from a fast food place, but only when I'm pressed for time or don't feel like cooking after a long day. But even then I try to make smarter choices and still stay within my calories for the day. So I would never say that I'm going to completely stop eating it, but I'll only have it like once a week and I feel so much healthier than when I used to eat it on a daily basis.
  • dykask
    Options
    Yes and I understand that I'm in a forum and will get different opinions it was a joke. Lol sorry I didn't mean to come of offensively. I'm just a bitter lady who misses eating cheese and drinking milk not derived from nuts so don't pay me any mind! @VintageFeline on a side note I loved McDonald's fries so much sodium though.

No matter what you post on mfp you're bound to offend someone, annoy others, or (and usually) just cause arguments. Some people are big into calorie= calorie. Some are low carb, low fat, vegan, paleo, etc which can cause conflicting issues.

Wow you really hit the nail on the head.
    For what it's worth I understood the point of your post and I wish you luck with it. I think (notice my opinion) people shouldn't eat fast food but maybe once a month at most. If they did they'd be more healthy.

Maybe a bit restrictive but I basically agree with you.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I haven't had fast food in about 10 years and do not miss it at all.
  • JC77721
    JC77721 Posts: 65 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think eating fast food once or even twice a week would not cause health issues (as long as you eat moderately), but eating it once a month seems too restrictive if you do enjoy eating out
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    I could so tear into this bad boy!!! However, willpower has won out..I haven't had fast food in some time..although I have had a couple of Egg McMuffins in the past few months..

eisxf5wsalnw.jpg

should make them at home its really cool... boil some maple syrup poor it out on wax paper let harden then crush into little pieces. poor pancake mix into the pan, sprinkle with syrup shards, poor more pancake on top. boob mcgriddle pillowy pockets of syrup joyness.

Umm....how did I miss this? What an awesome idea! And I will be having that burger above today :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    JasonL2000 wrote: »
    Oh I hadn't thought about subway. If you have the carbs in the budget that is probably one of the better places to get get food from.

Ugh I can't do subway. Their bread is awful. I'm picky about bread...
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I don't have it that much now but I did have a McDonald's today and now I regret! Thinking about all the awful stuff in those burgers and the salt content :s ah well, no more!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't have it that much now but I did have a McDonald's today and now I regret! Thinking about all the awful stuff in those burgers and the salt content :s ah well, no more!

Last thing I got at McDonald's was a filet-o-fish. It was delicious and I didn't feel bad at all for eating it... except for the fact that it was 480 calories and didn't fill me up one bit... which is why I avoid fast food now.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have food allergies and a sensitive stomach, can't tell what'll set a bout of diarrhea off. So I rarely eat fast food anymore. I'd rather be in the comfort of my own home in case I need to run to the toilet.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    fishshark wrote: »

eisxf5wsalnw.jpg

Umm....how did I miss this? What an awesome idea! And I will be having that burger above today :)

yea changed my life haha.. even if i don't make a mcgriddle i make all pancaked with little pockets of heaven.
  • JC77721
    JC77721 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Today I went to Carl's Jr. and ordered a Western Bacon Chesseburger, it was delicious! but I bloated after about half an hour of eating it. Maybe it was a placebo effect but I think it really bloated my face and stomach... kind of worth it though haha
  • dykask
    Options
    I think it depends on what you get used too. Last year I was on a train going to an airport in Tokyo and some Americans got on with bags of McDonald's food. The smell of the fries was actually kind of revolting. 30 years ago I really liked that kind of food.
  • bubble_wrap0428
    bubble_wrap0428 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It's not fast food that makes you fat, it's the choices you make when you decide to eat out! Ever heard of John Cisna? He lost weight and improved his blood work eating nothing but McDonald's! I'm not recommending such a thing, just saying it's YOU not the restaurants.