August 2016 Biking Cycling Bicycling Challenge

Options
Ohhim
Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
Welcome to our August Cycling Thread! If you are new to posting on this thread, or if you are new to cycling, We welcome you! If you are returning from a previous thread, We welcome you, too.

This thread is for anyone who rides a bike. Do you bike to work? Do you pull your children to the park? So you ride weekends? Do you spin, at home or the gym? Do you race crits, ironman, or centuries? Or, are you just starting out and remembering how much fun you had biking when you were a kid? However you choose to push your pedal, you are welcome on this thread.

Although I'm aiming for another megameter of cycling this month, there are no rules to how or what you post or what distance/time/goal you challenge yourself to. You may post miles, minutes, # of rides, what the scenery looks like, anything. Whatever will motivates you to get on your bike.

Cheers

Replies

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Aiming to complete another megameter (1000km/621 miles) this month. Can't wait to start riding!
  • ciclamino1
    ciclamino1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Goal is 621 miles too
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,260 Member
    Options
    My goal will be 100 this month.

Chris
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Setting my goal at 300 this month.
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    In. going to have another try at 500 miles for this month.
  • CenturyBikeRiderx2
    CenturyBikeRiderx2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good morning to everyone.... I'm joining this group because I really enjoying riding my bike. I did my 2nd century earlier this summer and haven't rode my bike since....

I'm really stressed out at work and need to get some exercise back into my lifestyle. My goal will be modest for August, I have a 7.5 mile route that I can do from home.

I'm setting my goal at 100 miles for the month...
  • SteveCro
    Options
    Hello CenturyBike welcome to the challenge. To me my bike is my alone time for peace of mind, stress reliever!!!
    Toast to a good riding month!
  • 35dollars
    Options
    Mon 01 - 29.24 miles. Quite pleasant ride into work, especially findiing that Southall's Wonderful World of Pot-Holes had been partially resurfaced - quite a turnaround to exit that section with circular wheels and all my vertebrae in their original order. The ride home was a drenching, but still not too bad - not very quick due to lack of faith in my brakes, but pretty comfortable even after gym session this afternoon.

Off to a good start! MTD 29.24 / 500, YTD 1168.19
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hi all! :)
    I'm in again, I'll aim for 200km this month. No spectatular long rides, mostly just the usual commutes a few times per week.

This month, I'm off to a good start: Monday is my "30-60min crosstraining" day, which for me actually means doing a bit of cycling instead of running. So I rode my bike to work, then drove a long detour home.
    1.8.2016: 4.3km + 16.9km
    --
    21.3km of 200km for August done
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    No mileage goal again this month. My first triathlon is fast approaching on August 14th, so the first two weeks are still all about the cross training. Third week will be a recovery and then the last week I'm headed to iceland. No biking there, but lots and lots of hiking and a trek across a glacier.

8/1: 28 miles - long way too and from work and then ran a 5k when I got home.

Month to date: 28 miles
    Year to date: 2444 miles
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,260 Member
    Options
    My goal will be 100 miles this month.

08/01 - 14.00 miles

Chris
  • ciclamino1
    ciclamino1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ciclamino1 wrote: »
    I'm in! Goal is 621 miles too

08/01 - 25.2miles

MTD: 25.2 miles
    Goal to Go: 595.8 miles
    YTD: 1742 miles
  • SteveCro
    Options
    Setting my goal at 300 this month.

8/1 - 31.26

MTD - 31.23

Jan - 170.47
    Feb - 245.31
    Mar - 409.88
    Apr - 227.22
    May - 332.92
    June - 302.69
    July - 505.53

YTD - 2225.24
  • 35dollars
    Options
    If any of you are up for another (complimentary) challenge, have a look at Vuelta Espana Cycling Challenge

I did the Tour de France one, and it's good fun and very motivating. I'd be up for this one as well if I wasn't going to be away in the middle of it.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    35dollars wrote: »
    If any of you are up for another (complimentary) challenge, have a look at Vuelta Espana Cycling Challenge

I did the Tour de France one, and it's good fun and very motivating. I'd be up for this one as well if I wasn't going to be away in the middle of it.

thanks for the mention @35dollars ... the good bit about this challenge is, once you've signed up, all you need to do is ride, log the ride on strava, and sit and watch the data get clocked up automatically - no having to key the ride into a seperate thread or any of that stuff....

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I'm hanging out a bit with the group, getting to know everyone. Still on crutches another 3 weeks. I think I'll be cycling before running! May see if I can get permission to get on the trainer.
  • smyle5
    smyle5 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in - first time in the group - goal is 100 miles in August w/ secondary goal of getting a bit faster...

8/1 - 11.16 miles 12.46 mph

July 2016 - 53.87 mi 12.85mph avg
  • 35dollars
    Options
    Mon 01 - 29.24 miles
    Tue 02 - 31.63 miles

MTD 60.87 / 500, YTD 1168.19

Rest day tomorrow
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    8/1: 28 miles
    8/2: 22 miles - two for two with brick workouts. bike, swim, bike today. Lake was calm. Should have done two laps but my couch and game of thrones binge was calling!

Month to date: 50 miles
    Year to date: 2466 miles

• plockclan
    plockclan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this challenge. I'll make my goal 200 miles for the month.
    8/2- 10 miles on the trainer. Storming here