Strangest thing you've seen

Options

Replies

• kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Just got back from Cork, Ireland and our first day there, the Naked Bike ride was going on. Wasn't even aware what was happening when I looked out the window and saw all of these people that were painted in funny colors riding there bike wearing only the paint...
  • Da_Big_Kahuna
    Da_Big_Kahuna Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    When I was going to Cal State Fullerton I had an apartment in a fourplex in a rather interesting neighborhood not to far from school.

Had a some interesting things happen there.

I was in the living room and I could hear a guy yelling repeatedly "Shut the F'ing car off ... Shut the F'ing car off..." I look out the window and there's this chick driving down the street with this guy on the hood of her car and he's pounding on the windshield... "Shut the F'ing car off..."

On Saturday morning after a night of heavy partying, I'm awoken from a deep sleep (passed out) by some very persistent knocking at the front door. I stumble to the front door and throw it open to find a towering (I should mention that I'm 6ft tall) transvestite dressed to the "9s."
    Her: "Is Joey here?"
    Me: "Boy, do you have the wrong place!"
    Slammed the door and went back to bed.

One afternoon we were sitting in the front room wasted and watching TV. Knock at the front door. It the neighbor. He wants to install a ceiling fan in his unit and our unit has the only attic access for the fourplex. He wants to be able to go into the attic for the installation. No problem. We show him where the access is. He brings in his ladder and starts working and we go back to watching TV and partying. After several minutes, a foot comes crashing through our ceiling.

And then there was the group of men singing "Volare" at the top of their lungs across the street...
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    A guy with a large scar on his skull when I used to life guard. He would do a lap slowly then talk to me for about 20 minutes. During this time he would suddenly stop talking and go comatose for 30 seconds. Then pick back up mid sentence. I used to time him.

A man at the YMCA that always wore a powder blue cowboy shirt, 10 gallon white hat, snack skin boots and 2 plastic 6 shooters... always.

A UFO fly over my house when I was small.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    1. I was jogging on a trail and saw a group of 6 or so guys marching in full civil war regalia, that was pretty cool practice makes perfect.
    2. a rastafarian pissing in the middle of the street in amsterdam (maybe not that unusual)
    3.a girl pissing in the parking lot of a blockbuster in virginia (lots of peeing stories here)
    4. I have been at a house in Hampton Va that was very old and used in the civil war as a makeshift hospital, It was night time and my friend was babysitting, the F-ing doorbell rang and I swear it we were in the middle of nowhere and noone could have done it. I also kept feeling cold drafts and seeing the cats stare at stuff. Really freaked me out. She said the house was haunted.......I got the hell out of there.
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The 2 girls one cup video! Lost all faith in humanity then.

^^^Don't know about strangest, but that was definintely the grossest thing I've ever seen.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    A guy with a large scar on his skull when I used to life guard. He would do a lap slowly then talk to me for about 20 minutes. During this time he would suddenly stop talking and go comatose for 30 seconds. Then pick back up mid sentence. I used to time him.

A man at the YMCA that always wore a powder blue cowboy shirt, 10 gallon white hat, snack skin boots and 2 plastic 6 shooters... always.

A UFO fly over my house when I was small.

UFO.... Really? Fascinating. My grandparents claim to have seen one several years ago, too. That alone makes me a believer.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    One day I was driving through Martinsville, Indiana and I saw a rather large man on one of those moped things. He was wearing a stained tank top that had rolled up over his belly, really short shorts, and was holding a beer in one hand. There was also a large 'Confederate' flag flying from the back of his moped. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It must be an Indiana thing. I'm about 20 minutes south of there and really, considering it was Martinsville, I'm not surprised. :laugh:
    Lol, I was just thinking the same thing--sounds about right for Martinsville!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Just last week, three guys dressed in military bdu's, walking up our street, one of whom was walking a blood hound. The dog was sniffing the ground. It was hard to tell if the men were armed; they certainly had big, black belts with something holstered. And they were coming from the dead end part of our street that leads to hunting grounds.

:huh:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I've only seen pictures on the internet .. but .. Vigelandsparken in Norway. This isn't even the weirdest sculpture there:

baby-statue.jpg
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I've only seen pictures on the internet .. but .. Vigelandsparken in Norway. This isn't even the weirdest sculpture there:

baby-statue.jpg

That's....interesting. And a little scary.
  • jamfan
    jamfan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    While on a bike path I happened upon a guy peeing off the side of the trail. I startled him & he tried to zip up quick & he peed all over his pants & his dog.

Going into a Buffalo Bills Game I saw a girl puking out of a parked limo & then fall out of the limo into her puke.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I stayed at a hotel with my husband and kids. We went out to the pool the first night there and noticed that there was an artificial leg propped against one of the patio tables. We didn't think anything of it, assuming it belonged to one of the other swimmers in the pool. One by one, people got up and left until only a man and a woman were left swimming with us. I figured it belonged to the guy based on the size, but a few minutes later he and the woman both left the pool and walked off - each with 2 legs. My husband and I just looked at each other and I said, "But...but everyone has a leg!" How does someone forget something like that at a hotel pool??
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I regularly go at dungeon soiree........strange is normal.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    A possum came after me.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    When I lived in Prescott AZ I saw a lady wipe her dogs *kitten*!!
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    In the local Walmart, I saw this older guy sporting a Confederate (cowboy style) hat, double holsters holding two revolvers around his hips and spurs on his steel toed boots. I so badly wanted to tell him, "Go home son, the war is over!"
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    In the local Walmart, I saw this older guy sporting a Confederate (cowboy style) hat, double holsters holding two revolvers around his hips and spurs on his steel toed boots. I so badly wanted to tell him, "Go home son, the war is over!"
    Are the revolvers real? If they are, it's kinda strange that Wal-Mart lets him do it.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Yes, they were and they were loaded. He also had a huge buck knife on his hip. I think he was the worried sort! lol He could have had a weapons permit to carry, which is legal in my state.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    An old man with a long gray beard walking by the local grocery store, holding a fox on a leash with one hand and a miniature horse on a leash with the other.
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm a theater person--there's very little I consider strange anymore. Some of my favorites include:
    *Naked Cuddling (wasn't truly naked, but very close!)
    *Fully grown, capable adults wearing bibs so that they don't spill on their clothes.
    *A drag queen (one of my friends) sharing makeup tips with a SUPER conservative girl.
    *Theater newbies when they first see how unencumbered theater veterans are when doing quick changes...backstage...in front of a full cast...
    *The most hyper masculine man you can imagine putting on mascara and lipstick

I love my crazy, weird, wonderful friends! :)
    Exactly

:flowerforyou: you're awesome

Hahahaha...thanks! :) It's a bit scary thinking that these things don't even phase me anymore...makes me wonder about the strange things that *I* must do!