What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Options

Replies

• chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Unwinding from car shopping with a glass (to two... or three...) of wine. Car shopping is the actual worst. But I think I know what I want, so yay for that?

what is it?

we just got a new suv this month

Kia Forte Koup SX. I want something smaller but with power. Not sure how I feel about a 2-door, but it's the only thing I've driven that I connect with. Plus it's quite affordable for something with a leather(ette) interior. And I don't have the patience to keep looking. Now for the oh-so-fun part of negotiating with dealers...
  • DailyGroomer
    DailyGroomer Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Doing some course work for my Masters degree. This is my last class. I went right from my bachelors (4 ys) to my Masters (5 yrs). I'm tired!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Unwinding from car shopping with a glass (to two... or three...) of wine. Car shopping is the actual worst. But I think I know what I want, so yay for that?

what is it?

Kia Forte Koup SX. I want something smaller but with power. Not sure how I feel about a 2-door, but it's the only thing I've driven that I connect with. Plus it's quite affordable for something with a leather(ette) interior. And I don't have the patience to keep looking. Now for the oh-so-fun part of negotiating with dealers...

My parents, well mom has the hybrid Forte. I've a Kia van. I wouldn't go with Kia again. They're fine enough but just feel cheap
  • chocolate_owl
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

what is it?

My parents, well mom has the hybrid Forte. I've a Kia van. I wouldn't go with Kia again. They're fine enough but just feel cheap

Yeah, I get that. I drove the top tier Mazda 3 and the interior was a huge step up at a similar price point. I really wanted to like the Mazda, but I just didn't. The Kia was a pleasant surprise. If the car handles how I like, I'm comfortable in it, and reliability is decent, good enough...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

what is it?

if you have a Costco membership, look there

they partner with car dealers for set, no haggle pricing

I haven't used it but it's a popular program that is going to be copied very soon by other retailers
  • synchkat
    Options

what is it?

Yeah, I get that. I drove the top tier Mazda 3 and the interior was a huge step up at a similar price point. I really wanted to like the Mazda, but I just didn't. The Kia was a pleasant surprise. If the car handles how I like, I'm comfortable in it, and reliability is decent, good enough...

Ya to me a car is a car. i had a rental of a Jeep Grand Cherokee last time my van was hit and I loved it. But 70k for a vehicle is silly since I don't drive much

My mom's Kia is fun to drive and cute
  • Motorsheen
    Options

what is it?

it's pretty much preference on how a vehicle handles and what you're looking for in a vehicle

I typically buy gently used japanese cars (honda, acura, nissan) and drive them into the ground

my wife has a GLA suv; but she's fancy like that
  • synchkat
    Options

what is it?

it's pretty much preference on how a vehicle handles and what you're looking for in a vehicle

I typically buy gently used japanese cars (honda, acura, nissan) and drive them into the ground

What's GLA?

My brothers first car was an acute integra. It was a lemon sadly. I love my husband's Hyundai. I keep telling him to get the new car and I'll take his.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

what is it?

What's GLA?

My brothers first car was an acute integra. It was a lemon sadly. I love my husband's Hyundai. I keep telling him to get the new car and I'll take his.

Mercedes Benz GLA - it's a small suv. She just got it; it's pretty cool and fun to drive. I like it a lot more than I thought I might.

Acura Integra? I had one and it was probably the best car I ever owned. It ran like a champ and I had zero problems with it. I drove it into the ground and sold it to the kid who mowed my lawn.

I feel the same way about a V6 Altima that I have now. It's fast, reliable and it's been paid off for years. It's pretty much worry free.
  • chocolate_owl
    Options

what is it?

I haven't used it but it's a popular program that is going to be copied very soon by other retailers

I don't, but that's brilliant. Kinda wish I did. I'm pretty good at haggling though, I've got plenty of cash if needed, and dealers are dying to get rid of these, so I think I've got the upper hand here.

I'm in a 10 y/o Dodge Avenger right now, and I'm deciding between $1500 of maintenance or new car, so new car it is. Also decided that I don't care how many awards Chevy has won lately, I do *not* want another American car. I feel pretty strongly about not buying used. I really want to not worry about repairs for a long time, and getting to pick the details like color and interior package is nice. I'll take the depreciation hit... doesn't really matter by the time I'm ready to trade in anyway. OTOH husband's Mazda was 6 months old w/ 3000 miles on it when he bought it, and if I could find something THAT gently used I'd probably go for it.

My mom is like your wife. I don't think she'll ever drive anything but a Lexus RX350 for the rest of her driving life. She loves her fancy SUV.
  • synchkat
    Options

what is it?

What's GLA?

Mercedes Benz GLA - it's a small suv. She just got it; it's pretty cool and fun to drive. I like it a lot more than I thought I might.

Acura Integra? I had one and it was probably the best car I ever owned. It ran like a champ and I had zero problems with it. I drove it into the ground and sold it to the kid who mowed my lawn.

I feel the same way about a V6 Altima that I have now. It's fast, reliable and it's been paid off for years. It's pretty much worry free.

The integra had brake issues I think and they just never were right

My husband wants a Tesla and we had a deposit on one but decided to buy a house with no parking so no electric car. I'm not allowed anything sporty...I.have a lead foot
  • Motorsheen
    Options

what is it?

I don't, but that's brilliant. Kinda wish I did. I'm pretty good at haggling though, I've got plenty of cash if needed, and dealers are dying to get rid of these, so I think I've got the upper hand here.

I'm in a 10 y/o Dodge Avenger right now, and I'm deciding between $1500 of maintenance or new car, so new car it is. Also decided that I don't care how many awards Chevy has won lately, I do *not* want another American car. I feel pretty strongly about not buying used. I really want to not worry about repairs for a long time, and getting to pick the details like color and interior package is nice. I'll take the depreciation hit... doesn't really matter by the time I'm ready to trade in anyway. OTOH husband's Mazda was 6 months old w/ 3000 miles on it when he bought it, and if I could find something THAT gently used I'd probably go for it.

My mom is like your wife. I don't think she'll ever drive anything but a Lexus RX350 for the rest of her driving life. She loves her fancy SUV.

Yeah, the Lexus RX is nice. We had one a few years ago and they are nice. I'm just not down with paying all of the extra $ for routine maintenance, repairs, registration, insurance etc. I went through the same thing with an Acura MDX. Nice... but worth it? Not to me but for others, sure.

I just see a lot people spending money that they don't have to impress people they don't know. It's kinda pointless, right?

I'm just happy with what I have. Nobody likes me any more or less because of what I drive and if they do, I don't need them in my life.

My next car will be another used Honda or Toyota.

• Motorsheen
    Options

what is it?

Yeah, the Lexus RX is nice. We had one a few years ago and they are nice. I'm just not down with paying all of the extra $ for routine maintenance, repairs, registration, insurance etc. I went through the same thing with an Acura MDX. Nice... but worth it? Not to me but for others, sure.

I just see a lot people spending money that they don't have to impress people they don't know. It's kinda pointless, right?

I'm just happy with what I have. Nobody likes me any more or less because of what I drive and if they do, I don't need them in my life.

I thought everyone liked you

you know what?

.... you might be right.

I only know of one guy who doesn't and he really doesn't like anyone (seriously).

it's just that life's too short and it takes waaay too much energy to be an *kitten*.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy. Between buying a car or a house both are pure hellish torture.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

what is it?

I thought everyone liked you

you know what?

.... you might be right.

I only know of one guy who doesn't and he really doesn't like anyone (seriously).

it's just that life's too short and it takes waaay too much energy to be an *kitten*.

Eh, I've got nothing but time

well, it can be entertaining and keeps the po-po on their toes.
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Listening to my wife snore (she always snores if she has had more than one glass of wine). And I can't sleep.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Trying to sort out my feelings. I don't know how to deal with the things I can't change. I hate myself for being stuck this way even if I know it's not my fault.

Hugs :)