Do not go to a Chinese Restaurant

Options
13»

Replies

• MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    568 calories!?!? OMFG the horror!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I actually LOLed at this! If I went to a Chinese restaurant you could probably add a 3 to the start of that!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I love Chinese food, I furlucking love it.

Went over by 568 cals and now telling people not to eat it, here's my response in gif form...
    tumblr_lrnjmvHsxs1qc0231_zpsbaf1b070.gif
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I love Chinese food, I furlucking love it.

Went over by 568 cals and now telling people not to eat it, here's my response in gif form...
    tumblr_lrnjmvHsxs1qc0231_zpsbaf1b070.gif

I officially love you. Sorry girl with skates. Shirley Temple!!!!!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

In accordance with the following guideline, I have cleaned this thread up of derogatory references to ethnicity.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

Thank You,
    Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm beef in black bean sauce GIMME!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I prefer making Chinese, Thai, Japanes, Indian food at home. That way you control what's in it!

If I have to go to a restaurant I don't count calories... I just presume my count is doomed for the day and move on. :P
  • kindredspirit96
    kindredspirit96 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Thank You! :heart:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

In accordance with the following guideline, I have cleaned this thread up of derogatory references to ethnicity.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

Thank You,
    Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    certain foods are on my "athletic feat" list. It means I try not to have it unless it's a really special day or I have an extra 1,000 calories kicking around from a crazy adventure.

Greasy burgers, Chinese food and poutine all live on that list.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Only 568 calories? (This is why I don't do buffets)
  • brittryan1017
    Options
    I can go to Chinese restaurants, just not buffets, where "all you can eat" becomes a sort of "get your money's worth" challenge in my head, and I wind up sick.

This right here! I end up sick and feeling guilty!
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    "American" Chinese food is the worst stuff, ever! If a Chinese place says, "All You Can Eat Buffet", bad news! Even the stuff on the menu not on the buffet is bad news! I have a fabulous Chinese place I like to hit now and then in my local area. They REFUSE to even mention the word buffet! They only serve brown rice and white is offered but only on request. They have limited fried options otherwise everything is steamed or sauteed. Basically, they serve what THEY would eat.
  • Epheros79
    Epheros79 Posts: 2
    Options
    My favorite Chinese restaurant is a local place that offers some of the biggest portions in the city, I think their combos have like, 2 pounds of food in them. I'd wager at least 2000+ calories depending on what you order. I try not to pass by there much...it's a nightmare smelling that deliciousness.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    People have leftovers from Chinese restaurants?
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    The sodium bothers me, but other than that, yeah I'm in heaven at the buffet
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I eat Chinese regularly. its called planning.