Do you exercise everyday?

Options
124»

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    OP, 4 days is fine. If you never build up beyond that do not feel bad, you're already doing a good amount.

I generally workout 3-5 days a week. 1-2 days at home that could be a cardio dvd like T25 or Insanity Max 30, pole, yoga, or going for a long walk outside. 1 day at the aerial studio, so trapeze and silks, and 1 day at the pole studio. Sometimes my schedule allows for 5 or 6 days, sometimes only 3, but the absolute minimum for me is 3 days. Anything less and I start to feel blah.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym and lift 3x/week, as per stronglifts 5x5, but on rest days I usually do at least a little bit of walking. sometimes a lot of walking.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I walk for like 90 minutes every day, at least in the summer. It's usually a bit of a struggle to get started, sun-lotioned, etc., but the crazy endorphin rush I get is the best thing in the world once I'm half-way into my walk. I feel like if everyone did moderate exercise depression and other mental difficulties would diminish so much.
  • snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you call "working out" I just did situps yesterday but I try to do some type of cardio and calisthenics five days a week. I hate working out even though I used to be an avid distance runner. I just get really tired especially in the heat but I do push myself some weeks and work out 7 days straight.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I do some type activity/exercise most days, but every now and then I'll have a truly sedentary day. Like if it's pouring snow or raining and I just veg out binge watching TV and/or playing video games. But I don't let that happen often.

A good deal of my exercise isn't any formal or organized activity. Gardening, yard work, chopping/splitting firewood, hiking, mucking out the chicken coop, and other chores around the house comprise most of my 'exercise'.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    5-6 days per week depending. I take one or two recovery days per week, but they're usually still active recovery days.

Right now:

Monday: rest
    Tuesday: AM ride/Physical Therapy PM
    Wednesday: AM ride/gym PM (usually to lift but right now I'm just doing rehab stuff)
    Thursday: AM ride
    Friday: AM swim or ride/Physical Therapy PM
    Saturday: AM ride to gym and lift (or rehab as it were)
    Sunday: Long ride

Sometimes I skip my Sunday ride if I need some extra rest or other family obligations, etc.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I do 90 minutes of exercise 6 days a week. During the week (Tu-Fri) I generally walk 3.2 miles then finish up my time doing cross training for a total of 90+ minutes before work. Saturday and Sunday I up my walking distance to 5-6 miles and sometimes skip the Cross Training since I've already hit 90+ minutes doing 5-6 miles. For me, walking is a mixture of walking/running/sprinting up hills (I can't sustain running, back/knees are bad, so I do short bursts for HIIT and to keep HR above 120 on average), Cross Training is mostly body weight training with very little, if any, rest in-between muscle groups again to keep my HR above 120 if possible. It's tough to maintain it some weeks, so I'll take an extra rest day but I had to work up to all of that just like everyone else. Mondays are a rest day for me, and it's the first day of the work week so I get to sleep in a bit that way. On average those 6 days of exercise net me an extra 800ish calories a day I can eat and not gain weight. I add in some weight training with free weights throughout the week but nothing serious at the moment. In winter I will probably add that in on a regular basis (3x a week) since I'll not be able to do a lot of walking outside.
  • faiths13
    faiths13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just try to get out and get moving in a fun way instead of calling it exercise. It makes it less a chore. For instance, I take my kids skating once a week, I try to take walks (walking dog) someplace scenic or while my kids are at the park a couple of times a week. I do 2-3 workout videos a week, but I do something fun like ballet cardio. And I also dance around a lot during worship at church. So I'm trying to focus on feeling good and having fun while I am being active so its not something I dread. :)