How often do you check the scale?

Options

Replies

• goofyblonde
    goofyblonde Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me. I do it every Sunday, first thing in the morning before eating/drinking anything and after going to the restroom.

Jer does it whenever he feels like it. Never on the same day, and sometimes he goes several weeks between weigh-ins.

Whatever works best for you! But I could never do the everyday weigh-in because I always get a little depressed if the numbers are not where I want them to be, even though I know the reasons behind the daily fluctuations.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Daily after my morning pee. I also log it everyday. No matter what it says.
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    This is just a poll / curiosity question for the people of MFP:

How often do you check your scale?
    If it happens to be once a week, do you have a certain day you check your scale on?

If im on a cycle where I am monitoring weight I do it every Friday morning first thing after I hop out of bed.
  • wfp76
    wfp76 Posts: 26
    Options
    Almost every day, but I only log it once a week.
  • Pierced
    Pierced Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My work requires me to travel. I weight everyday I am at home on my own scale first thing in the morning. I record it on my iPad in notes. I need to see how, what I am eating & being on the road effects my weight. I went too many years ignoring my weight & that's how I got to where I was.
  • tinylightsbelow
    tinylightsbelow Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I weigh mine every time I go to Publix because my scale at home sucks, lmao. So around once a week.
  • angryjake
    angryjake Posts: 39
    Options
    Twice a day, before and after my workout. I have a bizarre fascination with knowing how much I sweat out during 60-90 minutes of elliptical.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
    Saturday a.m after I take care of business and before I get dressed.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Every morning. After restroom. Before any food or drink. I also exhale as much as possible before stepping on.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, after my bath & before I eat breakfast.

I record the change about once a week. Usually on a Mon or Tues, but only when I've maintained x amount of weight loss for 4 days or longer. A loss for 1-2 days that then goes back up a bit doesn't get logged.
  • Cindy679
    Cindy679 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Every morning after the pee. Then, I weigh myself after I've ran 10 - 12 miles. I'm kind of obsessive about it. If I ignore the scale, the weight creeps up and I get cranky! :grumble: Weighing every day keeps me accountable and on top of things.

I log in my weight on Sundays and only record it if I've lost.
  • Cindy679
    Cindy679 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Twice a day, before and after my workout. I have a bizarre fascination with knowing how much I sweat out during 60-90 minutes of elliptical.

I'm the same way!! I can lose 1.5 to 2 lbs. by working out for 2 hours.
  • raydolph
    raydolph Posts: 43
    Options
    I typically weigh myself every morning if I'm at home. I know it's not recommended to do this, but I don't let the scale motivate me or discourage me. I measure myself twice a month to get a better indication of fat loss and go by that to measure my progress. The daily weighing is just a routine after the shower.
  • kforeyt
    kforeyt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday at around the same time. It lets you know how much your body weight will fluctuate. Somedays I will gain around a pound, and know that I have stayed on track. I just wait, and within a week I notice that the extra pound is gone.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I went from once a week to every morning and now I've started driving myself crazy so I'm back to once a week.
  • mbrtron
    mbrtron Posts: 45
    Options
    I weigh myself daily at home but my scale sucks and my kids play with it and move it around. For tracking and logging, I weigh on Mondays at the gym.
  • daisydesigner66
    daisydesigner66 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i only check once a week can make yourself crazy getting on the scale everyday and it can be depressing if you gain a half a pound!:happy:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Monday nights my trainer weighs me at the gym. I get on the scale at home anywhere from 1-4 times a week depending on what's going on. I'm in a challenge here where we weigh in every Friday, so I hop on for that. If I'm heading to an event where I'm worried I'll be tempted by food I get on the scale to remind myself why I shouldn't completely lose control at the event. If I do have a bad day I jump on the scale the next morning for a little reality check - nothing like being up a couple pounds from high sodium foods to remind me to grab my water bottle on the way out the door.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I went from once a week to daily but wait for a week before I log. I used to think I wasn't budging on the scale but it did fluctuate sometimes 1-2 pounds and I might think I didn't lose if I weighed on Friday and Thursday was a higher sodium day or some other reason but if I got on the next day, I was less.
    So, I just expect fluctuations, but I want to know them and I weigh just before breakfast.
  • lucarlile
    lucarlile Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday morning :)