Age 50+ Trying to lose 50+

Replies

• rhondaglobal
    rhondaglobal Posts: 3 Member
    Since I started my new healthy eating approach on Monday , I've noticed that I have a more successful food day when I stop eating at 7 and get a good night's sleep. Ate dinner way too late tonight...:(
  • kaui57
    kaui57 Posts: 26 Member
    Welcome! I enjoy the MFP app too. I learned the hard way about not tracking. For me if I'm not tracking I'm probably not paying attention to my eating, which means I'm probably eating too much. Its all relevant. I agree eating before 7p and getting enough sleep does wonders. Tomorrows a new day....
  • mash831
    mash831 Posts: 2 Member
    May I join the group? 50 at the end of the month. Not sure how that happened....
  • rhondaglobal
    rhondaglobal Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you for you're welcome message . It's nice to know there's somebody in the same boat . It ended up being a really good day. Though I ate later than normal last night I did stay within my calorie count and lost a half a pound yesterday. Found a really great workout today and I'm feeling strong and in control again.
  • kaui57
    Welcome to our newest members. Glad to have you on board. Yep, I know, before you know it your 50. I truly believe that the best is yet to come! Here's to good health in our 50's, 60's and on....
  • queensamearh
    queensamearh Posts: 31 Member
    Hi, I really need this. I'm 56 years old and over weight. It's been so hard to lose the weight. It's been up or down. But I'm not giving up. Need s friends, maybe we could do this together.
  • chrisdg48
    chrisdg48 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I am also late joining, but just found all of you. I have 40 pounds to lose . I am 55 next month and retiring so I am looking to also get strong, healthy, and fit .
  • svranch
    svranch Posts: 13 Member
    I wonder....Does anyone spin for exercise? I recently bought a spin bike and I love it so much that I would like to do it everyday or at least most everyday. Does anyone know if that would be okay to do? I heard a rumor that I shouldn't ride it more than 2 or maybe 3 times a week...but if it doesn't make me overly sore-that should be okay, right?
  • doddster164
    doddster164 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi there, late in finding and joining. Please add me to your list
  • kwazykat
    kwazykat Posts: 2 Member
    ps: i meant to add, my goal weight is another 30 pounds away ... slowly, but surely ...
  • dougandmary
    dougandmary Posts: 4 Member
    Never too late to join, 56 and 50 pounds to go. Been off exercise with achilles tendonitis but PT working and in to log each and everything that goes in to my mouth. Enough excuses, time to be a healthier ME!
  • jonphille
    jonphille Posts: 1 Member
    I just logged in to MFP after many months. Turning 50 in Nov. and my weight keeps creeping up. Last time I checked I was 215. Like to get down to 155. I just have to " do it " as they say. Would like to get some motivation and offer some of my own.
  • kaui57
    I'm so happy we have some new people in our group. Welcome, everyone! It doesn't matter at what point you are at. We're all here to share our ups and downs. Let's get healthy together!
  • kaui57
    Ok...so I've been out of commission for a few days. After I pulled my wisdom tooth last Thursday. I needed my pain meds and haven't logged over the weekend. I couldn't remember what I ate since I slept a lot, but hey, I'm back. I've logged so far today and will work on my blog today too. I need to watch what I eat, the voice of "poor me" is whispering to me to eat all the comfort foods I like, since I have to endure the discomfort. Go away!! I need to stay on track and with the help of all of you I can.
  • maryoracle
    maryoracle Posts: 62 Member
    Glad you are back! Hope you are feeling less pain each day.
  • caroljoy08
    caroljoy08 Posts: 6 Member
    As others have said, this is a group I can relate to :smile: I am 50 and have 50 to lose. In 2013 I did Medifast and lost 45. In 2014 my father died and I did not handle that well, gained it all back and then some. Determined to get it off and keep it off . Exercise is easier this time, the food is not. But I will not quit. I have a lot of beautiful size 8 clothing I want to wear!
  • dinipoco
    dinipoco Posts: 3 Member
    Would love to join this group. In my early 60's with about 45 lbs to loose. Just started back on this journey a week ago so I'm still in the "gung ho" stage!! I also know that will fade and the supports of the group members is really important!
  • queensamearh
    queensamearh Posts: 31 Member
    Welcome back kaui57. Hope your much better today.