Age 50+ Trying to lose 50+

kaui57
kaui57 Posts: 26 Member
Hey there pre-seniors trying to lose weight and enter our 60's more fit, energetic, and ready for a new decade? Let's motivate each other since we can relate to the ups and downs of being a baby boomer. I could use the support. Join me.

Replies

• tinasmithpdx
    tinasmithpdx Posts: 2 Member
    Ditto. Need all the support I can get!
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    You've got this!
  • kaui57
    You guys make me happy today! I'm trying blogging too, you guys are welcome to check it out. It's going to be one heck of a journey.
  • kaui57
    Nice to see someone new. I'm a new blogger too. Glad to be on the journey with you!
  • kaui57
    Good Morning Boomers! How's everyone doing today? Ok, day 2. I ate a low-calorie, but satisfying breakfast. Planning to workout after work (we'll see how that plays out I'm famous for flaking out last minute). All in all, I'm taking it one day at a time. I told my friends at work what I'm doing with this discussion group and my blog, which hopefully will give me some accountability at work. Work is where the calories can really pile on. We believe we need a treat all the time, and I'm usually first to put my hand in the cookie jar. Hope today is different. Any one weighing in today? Hey, we're here to support each other, so good or bad, bring it!
  • kaui57
    How's everybody doing? Day 5 for me. My goal for today...stay within my allotted calories and exercise, that's about all I can handle on a Monday. Needed my coffee today...black. Have a great day everyone! You can do it!
  • svranch
    svranch Posts: 13 Member
    Today is day 3 for me. I would like to join this group. I will be 50 this year and have 100 lbs to lose. I would like to be a part of a group that I can relate to. Most of my friends and neighbors are either several years younger or older than myself.
  • kaui57
    Welcome! Your perfect for the group. I need all the support I can get. You have my support too. Take it one day at a time. Share on your good and bad days, we have all had them. No judging in this group, only understanding and support. Hang in there!
  • fallenangel66
    fallenangel66 Posts: 55 Member
    Joined the site yesterday so still finding things. i'm 57 so need t do something now with the weight for good, plus i got a nice holiday coming up next march .
  • sheenasamdog681
    sheenasamdog681 Posts: 37 Member
    Hi there love to join in. Know what you mean things are a little different when you've been around a bit :)

Need to chase the grandchildren a bit quicker as I haven't caught them yet. :)
  • GoNatGo2016
    GoNatGo2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for posting. I am halfway through and want to keep motivated to get to my goal! I have lost 25 pounds and have 25 more to go. Hopefully not for long!
  • darvit207
    darvit207 Posts: 46 Member
    Hi I'm just starting this journey again. Today is day 2. Setting small goals. First is to lose 22 lbs. Just trying to get back to less junk & more fruits & veggies for this week. BTW 54 with 1 Grandbaby to chase & 1 on the way. Hoping we can do this together
  • kaui57
    Welcome! So glad to have your support. We can do this together! Its nice to have people who understand. We come from the same generation. We're known as the sandwich generation. We take care of grand kids and our elderly parents, but are we taking care of ourselves? It sounds like we are all on the same track. We know we have to take care of ourselves so we can continue to enjoy our families for as long as we can. Nice to read all the success stories and the challenges too. Thanks for sharing your ideas...
  • jeanpang
    jeanpang Posts: 2 Member
    Day One for me, fit into the 50+ 50+ category! Would love to be able to move around with those grand babies rather than moan and groan while trying to get up from playing with them on the floor! And I really need to do this for myself!! Good morning everyone and have a great day
  • kaui57
    We're always fabulous right??? lol whatever works for you is fine with me....
  • rhondaglobal
    rhondaglobal Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for your postings. I'm on my 3rd day keeping track of calories using this app and it's working! I also love that I can keep track of my exercise. I feel like I'm being rewarded when I enter it and it gives me more calories!