Age 50+ Trying to lose 50+

Options

Replies

• kaui57
    kaui57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Barefootot & Pamme54 welcome to the group! Funny thing is I thought all you had to do was post in a group and you've joined. Someone enlighten me if I'm wrong. Hang in there Pamme54. I always tell myself I can have anything I want, I just can't have everything I want.
  • darvit207
    darvit207 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    LUV2CARDIO wrote: »
    I'm in as long as nobody calls me a "senior" :D my head says I'm 30, just don't tell my battered 53 year old body it's not 30. I just recently went back to my trainer (only for the part where it forces me to go to the gym) to get back on track. Want to lose roughly 50-60..we shall see!

LOL .... I'm with you! My head still thinks I'm 30 but my 54 year old body is saying oh no I don't think so! Struggling to get back to being active after multiple surgeries, but I know I'll get there. I'm not giving up yet.
  • go_gal
    go_gal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • darvit207
    darvit207 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning. Down one more pound - total of 3 since 8/15. It was not a normal week. Youngest son's b-day so out to dinner & cake over the weekend. Chocolate cake/chocolate icing .... my favorite couldn't resist. Also, not too much activity due to mildly sprained ankle. So I'm happy with one pound this week.
  • caroldutton
    caroldutton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. This is just my 2nd. week using fitness pal and so far I am doing good. However, I enjoy friendships and I was hoping to meet some of you through this. I chose this group because I am 68 yrs old and I wanted to communicate with people more my age. I think we have unique issues that the younger women or men do not have. They have their issues as well I'm sure. I feel more confident with my weight loss progress since I started using this aid to help. Now I find there are others in here looking for support as well as me. So, I hope to get to know some of you. I live in Illinois, I am married and I have had 5 children, all grown and married now. Grandchildren too of course who light up my days. Have a nice evening everyone.
  • kaui57
    Options
    Welcome caroldutton! Happy you have joined us. Yes, we definitely have our own set of issues going on, but your amongst friends and supporters here now. Sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work!
  • Texasjoi
    Texasjoi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    55 and soon to be 56 in a couple of months. Time to get disciplined...again. So Ladies (and gents), I would love to join you in the journey to a reasonable goal weight. I've never been unsuccessful when I actually tried to lose weight. I just have not sustained the new lifestyle permanently.
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Welcome! :)
  • Rbp62
    Rbp62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to join. Turning 54 in October and am the heaviest I've ever been, but started in July and am down 9 lbs. 45 to go
  • Shirl5874
    Shirl5874 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 58 :-) and keep trying to lose weight but forget about keeping account of what I'm eating and put it right back on. I'd like to lose 30 lbs - 13 kg I had lost 5 kg and then put it back on again. I walk every morning and now I'll be getting into my weights again, I was looking good for a while but relapsed. Making a new start today. anyone have a fit-bit, I've been doing work week challenges with some friends & family in America, I'm in Australia so the time difference gives me Saturday to catch up :-) I've won the last 4 weeks
  • kaui57
    Options
    Welcome, Rbp62 and shirlnolan5! If I don't track I set myself up for a slip. I did it before. So, just like you I have to just make a new start and there's nothing wrong with that. Don't give up no matter how big the slip. As long as you get up in the morning and take a breath, you've been given one more chance, take it. Best of luck to both of you...
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Track every single day. No matter what. Even that huge bag of M&M's you ate. When you actually see the numbers you get that eye opening deer-in-headlight look. Then hit the complete diary button, take stock in what you see and get back on it the next day.
  • jeslin6
    jeslin6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm Jes, trying to lose up to 30 pounds. I weigh in on Monday mornings, last week I had lost 6 pounds! MFP really keeps me motivated, and I am now actually reading labels on foods. Hope everyone is the US has a great Labor Day.
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps! Has anyone read about the 16:8 intermittent fast? I'm curious. The Bullet Proof Coffee sounds amazing! Have a fabulous rest of your weekend and enjoy Labor Day!
  • fritopie123
    fritopie123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 54 and need to lose at least 40 lbs. would love to be a mfp support friend
  • beachbumm1965
    beachbumm1965 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is great, just got into my 50's. Looking to get lean and fit. My children and grandchildren are my primary inspiration, but could also use the support of others in my age area. B)
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    FYI everyone, there is a great group of 55 + members in my support group. Nutrition tips, exercise challenges and we even have a slacker thread. If interested message me and I will send you the link to join.

Rick