Age 50+ Trying to lose 50+

Options

Replies

• prittublueyes1965
    Options
    I will be 51 and an working hard to lose weight. We gots this!!!! :)
  • vlbarnes2014
    vlbarnes2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weighed in last night and down 1.8. Total of 8.8 in 3 weeks! I feel like I'm starving and should have lost twice that in 3 weeks but I didn't put it on over night so I know it will take longer to get it off. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • kaui57
    kaui57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all our new supporters! I've been MIA for a few days.Still trying to juggle school, work and personal stuff like MFP. Miss you guys, you know I need you, can't do this by myself, already tried. This is the most success I 've had in a long time. Let's keep going, one day at a time! Go Boomers!
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started my journey when I was 61. I weight train, learned how to swim last year, and am now swimming laps for 1/2 hour twice a week, walk, practice yoga, and fit in a Les Mills class such as BodyVive or BodyPump. I am now 65 and have lost 61 pounds.
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @Nachise Welcome!
  • karenballen16
    karenballen16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I began this journey 3 weeks ago. I've lost 6 lbs. I'm almost 60. I also have an under-active thyroid.
    Karen
  • me1howard
    me1howard Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Starting over today. Had forgotten about myfitnesspal :( discouraged; don't even know where to begin.
  • DeadSloth
    DeadSloth Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hello, kindred spirits. I'm female, Canadian, 54, with 100+ to lose.

I think it would be delightful to be down 50 by my 55th birthday (which is 40 weeks away), but I've already decided to not make pounds lost by a specific date my measure of success. I'm a newbie to MFP but a life-time serial dieter who has accumulated a bucket-load of food science knowledge (along with some old-thinking idiocy I have to unlearn).

I'm focusing on the process and the math: slowly changing or adopting new behaviours, planning/prepping ahead, logging calories, researching nutrients, and generally making a game out of coming up with a daily selection of foods that gets me to all my calorie/nutritional targets. (Oh Crap! I've gone over in fat again!)

ETA: Oh, and I'm hypo-thyroid, so have an energy level that is just slightly better than that of a dead sloth.
  • kjdaughtridge
    kjdaughtridge Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a 50+\50+ too. I just joined MFP a little over a week ago and have been lurking around the forums. Is there a group to join or are we communicating via this thread?
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I'm a young senior & have 50lbs o lose, been here for 60 days, i have 35 more to go
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome guys!! *waves*
  • chmckernan
    chmckernan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Rick_1953 wrote: »
    FYI everyone, there is a great group of 55 + members in my support group. Nutrition tips, exercise challenges and we even have a slacker thread. If interested message me and I will send you the link to join.

Rick

I'm 54. Is that close enough to join?
  • apcartwright
    apcartwright Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    kaui57 wrote: »
    Hey there pre-seniors trying to lose weight and enter our 60's more fit, energetic, and ready for a new decade? Let's motivate each other since we can relate to the ups and downs of being a baby boomer. I could use the support. Join me.

• theclaw900
    theclaw900 Posts: 321 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    oops
  • tag2013
    tag2013 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone - I'm a 51 year old female with 50 plus to lose.........let's cheer each other on!!!
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of late to this thread. I'm 50. I've been heavy since my 20s and for the first time ever am doing something about with some success. MFP is really helping. I'm down 86 with about 40 to go. Would love to have some friends in similar situation for mutual support!
  • evesuccess2
    evesuccess2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joining here! turning 50 in December, and have a goal of being strong, fit, and lighter in my 50s. We definitely can do it.
  • ChrisSinc16
    ChrisSinc16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    kaui57 wrote: »
    You guys make me happy today! I'm trying blogging too, you guys are welcome to check it out. It's going to be one heck of a journey.

Hi, it sure is going to be a tougher journey, but together we can do it. I also am going to get back to my journal. I call it my Journial (Journey + Journal).
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm in. One of the things I've found out (I just turned 61 a couple weeks ago), is when you're talking about losing weight at this stage of the game, you're REALLY talking about lifestyle changes. However, it has to start somewhere, and might as well begin with your diet. Feed the inside well, and with time, the outside will take care of itself.