Afraid to run in public (10weeks to train for first 5km Run)

Options
13»

Replies

• mjoshua87
    mjoshua87 Posts: 50
    Options
    Well i did it! hated to leave i was enjoying it, I have some work to do forsure but my recovery time got better further in and I started to find my pace.:) going again tmr ...weather permitting ;)
  • aairs1
    aairs1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm glad you did it! I am on week 4 of the couch to 5k program and I was worried about what others thought at first too. Now I look forward to my 3 days a week of running, I absolutely love it! (except for the awful shin splints)
  • mjoshua87
    Options
    Awww no shin splints here. guess im lucky *knock on wood*. Just wanted to thank everyone for the awesome advice and ive been uot there running using the trails and taking my daughter along with me and now i have officially run a full 5km well actually alittle more and im just under 35mins so im gonna work on getting that time down still 5.5 weeks til my big run :)
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Awww no shin splints here. guess im lucky *knock on wood*. Just wanted to thank everyone for the awesome advice and ive been uot there running using the trails and taking my daughter along with me and now i have officially run a full 5km well actually alittle more and im just under 35mins so im gonna work on getting that time down still 5.5 weeks til my big run :)

Wow - that's great news to hear and a really excellent pace!!! So happy to know that you've been out there, hittin' the trails and getting it done. And to share that with your daughter - well, it doesn't get much better than that! Hope you're really enjoying it and best of luck to you in your big race!

Happy running! :flowerforyou:
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I started C25K last week...And I was very conscious on how stupid I would look puffing for 1 min then walking for 1 min30 :bigsmile: But then I realised I was doing it FOR ME . More, I don't think anybody cares about my running :bigsmile:

Good luck on the training, I am registered foir a 5Km in October too :flowerforyou: