Ladies in their 30s with similar goals who want support

Replies

• 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Hello ladies, I joined mfp exactly 4 weeks ago. My starting goal was to lose 45lbs and I knew it would be very hard for me to go below 170lbs which was a number I couldn't go below every time I tried to diet. So far, as of today, I have lost 13.5lbs and I'm in the 160s. I was so happy! The problem is that in the last week I haven't lost a single pound. In fact, I gained a pound and I have spent the last few days trying so hard to lose it. I still want to keep trying of course, but subconsciously I see that I laxed a lot on what I ate yesterday and somewhat the day before.... And so I decided to start researching why weigh loss stops/ plateaus. Then, I started visiting these forums for the first time, and found you ladies. It's nice to see that I'm not alone in this. It's so hard to lose weight, and it's not always easy to find support from people around me... But some are quickly to point out that I'm fat. :( <sigh> I'm feeling a bit frustrated and sad about my lack of weight loss this past week. I'm afraid to even weigh myself this morning.... Cause I kinda cheated yesterday... Which I had been so good not to do before. I don't know how this works in terms of adding friends... I'm new... But would love to have some of you as friends. Have a lovely day and thank you for reading this.

I also cheated a bit two days ago and now i'm paying for it mentally and physically! My belly is feeling terrible and I feel kinda guilty... I don't weigh myself for this reason exactly. I have my sister weigh me and she doesn't tell me the number. The other day I told her to let me know when I have lost 5 pounds from the last time that weighed in. my goal is to lose 5 pounds four times and to hopefully be close to my goal. She knows that I want to know when I get into the 160's. I don't have a goal date, just want to lose ASAP!

I would say lets just get back to it and not let anymore time pass and get wasted on what we did...can't change the past, lets make the future better! I want to get a cute top, some skinny jeans and some cute boots!!
  • kiri127
    kiri127 Posts: 2,947 Member
    That is Sooo creative! Wish I had someone I trusted enough to track my weight without my knowledge. What a cool plan. Keep us posted
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Will do!
  • Mamzelc606
    Mamzelc606 Posts: 30 Member
    Hi all! I am 31 and a mom to 2 kids. I have been on MFP for 2 weeks, got 85 lbs to lose, almost 10 down! I feel like trying this friends thing, add me if you want!
  • christinamgdc
    christinamgdc Posts: 2 Member
    New to app. Lol still trying to figure all of this out.
    I'm 36. Hoping to lose 60 pounds.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Hi friends! Welcome, and good luck. Post here if you have questions; we'll do our best to be helpful :)
  • kiri127
    I also want to welcome you! You've taken the hardest step already by joining MFP! This an awesome supportive group, and We can do this together :)
  • christinamgdc
    christinamgdc Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks! I have struggled with my weight since the birth of my twins.... I had put on over 70 pounds with the pregnancy and had developed preeclampsia. Then years later, my daughter was born and I'm still struggling. I think the stress and worry from my pregnancies and each being born over a month early with medical conditions and also the babies being in the NICU for over a month played a huge role in my weight gain.

As moms we all know how busy the days become and my biggest problem was not eating. I would go all day until 4:00 without eating a thing. This happens pretty much daily. With this app, the hardest thing right now is eating the proper amount of calories. The other day I couldn't believe how much more I needed to eat. I'm trying to make that effort to eat breakfast. And bring healthy snacks and make better choices on what to eat.

Being in my late 30s it has been so difficult to lose the weight. I am praying I can at least reach my goal before the big 40... I need to do this for my health and especially for my family. My dr recommend this app and gave me the encouragement to continue trying. Thanks for the support! Let me know if anyone has any suggestions !
  • kiri127
    You've got so much to worry about. I hope we can help so that losing weight isn't one of them.
  • ItzLahLah2u
    ItzLahLah2u Posts: 172 Member
    nitaaaaa wrote: »
    I'm 31 and would like to lose about 50lbs- jeez it sounds so overwhelming just typing it. My biggest challenge is the pressure I get from my family (especially since I am single and of course they say no one will ever marry me like "this") .. It makes me really mad bc I don't want to lose weight for them, they should accept me the way I am even if I never lost another pound. Ironically, when they stop pressuring me is when I tend to lose the most anyway. I know it's counterproductive to not want to do something good for yourself bc others are demanding it, but it's really hindering me. What can I do?

Just take it one day at a time and do what's best for you and all will be well
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Add me!

I'm 34...2 kids...full time job. I live about 1.5 hours west of Philly. I'll take any support I can get!
  • daisygirl2017
    daisygirl2017 Posts: 107 Member
    I'm 31. Lost 20lbs, need to lose at least 50 more. Feel free to add me!
  • Hi, I'm 33 and I'm in need of some motivation and encouragement!! Looking for friends also :) Feel free to add me
  • Danyewtf
    Danyewtf Posts: 30 Member
    Hey! Im 32 lost 33 lbs so far, looking to lose another 30-35lbs. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • aroselamy
    aroselamy Posts: 3 Member
    My name is Angela. I am going to lose 60 to 70 pounds and I would love some support. Add me as a friend!
  • ErikaHope203
    ErikaHope203 Posts: 113 Member
    Wow I love how many people have posted here. It sounds like so many of us are in similar boats and it's so nice to have support of people who understand
  • kiri127
    Definitely! So glad we've built a great community of ladies giving positive encouragement and support! Keep it up! Keep actively supporting your friends! That is so helpful and appreciated! Just floating around without participating kind of defeats the purpose. So keep those "likes," comments, and encouragement coming :smiley:
  • Enny2405
    Enny2405 Posts: 97 Member
    Im 36 and started the 5:2 diet after seeing photos of myself from my sons 1st birthday party. Im 6 kilos down in 6 weeks but have another 12kgs to lose. Also have high cholesterol so trying to bring that back down. My fast days are closer to 700cals and 1700 on non fast days. Haven't been this motivated in a long time so its a pleasant change from being fat, tired and miserable.
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    I'm 30 and I'm actually almost done with my weight loss. But anyone wants friends and want to know some tricks I'm more than happy to help
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    I am 35 years old, and a SAHM to 3 kids. I have lost 28 lbs in the past 3 months. I have stalled this week, which is driving me crazy, but I'm still plugging along. I have about 35 lbs left to lose. Feel free to add me. I like walking and using my Sworkit app for exercise. Hoping to start hitting the gym when we move in the spring.