Ladies in their 30s with similar goals who want support

Replies

• ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Hey ladies!
    I'm 30, have about 40lbs to lose, but I'm really struggling. I just eat far too much food!
    Sometimes I lose a bit of weight but it always comes back. I was looking at some photos of two years ago and I loved my body then, I was much much smaller. I'm not sure I appreciated that at the time. At the moment I hate seeing pictures of myself because I look so big!!. I really just want to shift the weight for good, it feels as though my weight is the only thing "wrong" in my life at the moment!
    Feel free to add me. I log in every day but do not track my food. I am planning on starting hehe!
    :smile:
  • VickyLouBou
    VickyLouBou Posts: 3 Member
    kiri127 wrote: »
    .... I'm halfway through my 75lbs weight loss goal ...... After recovering from a back injury, I'm having trouble finding new ways to exercise and motivation to get out there.

I hear you, sister! I had piled on a fair bit of weight a few years ago and took around 15 months to drop it - bearing in mind I have long standing back & knee problems. I developed a freak neck problem that ended up needing emergency surgery and put me out of action for about 11 months. I gained weight. I started to lose it again. The previous problem/surgery caused new problems, so 18 months after my last surgery on the back of my neck, I had to have another surgery going in through the front, putting in titanium equipment this time.

All in, I'm now 50+ lbs over my 'comfortable' weight. I'm still healing from nerve damage in my neck and what exercise I can do has been both limited in range and dialled back. Any kind of upper body weights or pressure is still out of the question. Power plates? Nope - it'll shake my bolts loose. My core strength has also all but disappeared after a lot of immobility and slumping for comfort.

While I've come to terms with the fact that *I* put over 50lbs on, I'm not yet there on the fact it won't take me less than 18 months to shift it. What I am repeating to myself is .........
    "If it was in your power to break it, it's in your power to fix it"

Onwards & upwards

• 08sarah05
    08sarah05 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi! My name is Sarah. I am the proud mom of two handsome boys. My original goal was to lose 75lbs. I have 34 left. I am at a stand still and becoming discouraged. Would love to give/get some motivation as well
  • Jamsammom
    Jamsammom Posts: 6 Member
    I'm 34 from ON Canada, mom of 2, with lots of pounds to go! Please add me and we can support each other through this journey!
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 171 Member
    I'm a 39 year old working mom of a 15 month old. I am 32 lbs. into my 80 lbs weight loss goal. I also stalled out over the summer but I maintained which I am happy about. I'm looking for friends who are on here regularly. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    Hello all! I am a mom of 3 kids, I have Crohns disease and I work full time. Quick food is my favorite - but healthy quick food is harder to do! Trying to find what I can and can't eat is even harder with what I can handle because of my Crohns . Might not bother me 1 day - but the next day - I can't eat it. UGH! I am 14 pounds down so far - but I still have quite a ways to go. My immediate goal is to hit that 150 mark. 23 pounds to go! Oy vey that seems so far away! I am always looking for support and accountabilibuddies! Feel free to add me. I have an open diary and I try desperately to log everything every day.
  • ChaleGirl
    Just thought I'd check in ladies!
    What changes is everyone going to make, to stay on track?
    I've been so bad recently but I went to the gym this morning to try and get started again. That first session back is always harder than you remember lol!
    Hope everyone has a healthy active day today!! :)
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Hi all! I'm 32, living in Crete, Greece and I'm on my journey of losing 50-55 pounds I gained the last couple of years mainly due to respiratory health issues (bronchitis) than kept me from exercising.

I'm down 10lbs in a bit more than a month and I'm building back my exercise schedule. I always have my diary open for my friends and I love joining challenges either here or in Fitbit, they help me stay motivated.

I have been very athletic since pre-school age and I am an advocate of healthy living and healthy weight loss - meaning no starving myself out and no fad diets.

Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • kiri127
    kiri127 Posts: 2,947 Member
    @olymp1a Hope you feel better soon!!!
  • kiri127
    @ChaleGirl one change I'm trying to make is based on an MFP article. They said to get off a plateau and continue to lose, you need to cut cals back 6cals per pound lost from cal intake when you started. That's approx 250 cals. Talk about tough!!!
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    kiri127 wrote: »
    @ChaleGirl one change I'm trying to make is based on an MFP article. They said to get off a plateau and continue to lose, you need to cut cals back 6cals per pound lost from cal intake when you started. That's approx 250 cals. Talk about tough!!!

That would be nearly impossible for me without hitting starvation mode. I take in 1100-1300 calories a day. I think I might have to amp up my exercise.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    ChaleGirl wrote: »
    I've been so bad recently but I went to the gym this morning to try and get started again. That first session back is always harder than you remember lol!

We just started performances for the show I'm in, so I won't have rehearsals every night anymore. I'm so excited! I'm planning to start exercising again - probably weights when I get home from school, and then a walk later in the evening when it's a little cooler. Right now it's still mid-90s in the afternoon.

I've got some recipes to try for next week, and I'm hoping I'll be able to start weighing and logging again. And best of all, I'll be able to get a full night's sleep! EVERY NIGHT! I am SO looking forward to not being tired all the time :joy:

Anyway, since I don't have to go to work today (huzzah!) I'm going to take a walk now, before it gets hot. See you all later! :smile:
  • RR0817
    RR0817 Posts: 38 Member
    Hi!! I'm 35 and have about 40 lbs to lose. I need someone to motivate me...because I am stuck in a rutt and can't get out of it :( I just recently started doing this again and I just have a problem with being consistent.... But that is what happens when you have two jobs, school and a whole load of other responsibilites :/ I need someone to kick my butt into getting motivated!!
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    edited September 2016
    ChaleGirl wrote: »

Even when I'm bad I still get my workouts in, kinda helps and makes it easier to get back to it...I try to stay away from carbs, make better choices in my foods, and I've been running a lot. I know that I won't be 100% good all of the time but when I can, I will, and when I don't feel like it, I'm kind to myself and get back to it as soon as possible...gonna be a big challenge during pumpkin season especially... :smiley: I try to think of things that motivate me to get back on track...we all have our reasons we want to lose...health, new wardrobe, look good, look better, make someone turn their head :blush::wink: ...
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Hey ladies, I'm 32 and looking (again) at a 30-40lb loss. I just started a new job and have incredible anxiety. Doing fine on the outside but the inside is a mess - needing lots of time to "recover" at the end of the day. Where I would have zero energy for running I'm finding yoga to be a great outlet.
  • kiri127
    fostersu wrote: »
    Hey ladies, I'm 32 and looking (again) at a 30-40lb loss. I just started a new job and have incredible anxiety. Doing fine on the outside but the inside is a mess - needing lots of time to "recover" at the end of the day. Where I would have zero energy for running I'm finding yoga to be a great outlet.

New jobs are Sooo stressful! Definitely a way to gain weight. Good thing you came to the right place to lose it :smile:

I'll send you a friend request.

Kiri
  • ChaleGirl
    @kiri127 are we going to create a group? Or just motivate each other personally and on this thread?
  • BabeMeister83
    BabeMeister83 Posts: 56 Member
    I'm 32 and need to lose 103 pounds to be at my goal weight! Would love to help support others and receive support also. If any of you want to add me feel free.
  • kiri127
    Many thanks to all the ladies who responded to this thread! What started as a small group has blossomed into an amazing network of supportive ladies! You inspire and motivate me every day, and I couldn't be so successful without you! I look forward to our continued growth and support :smiley: