I NEVER Believed in diet pills until........

Options
1235»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Shall we place bets on how many people decide to order these pills end up back on here and make a sea or threads because....

A) They ended up sick and now have medical issues that make losing even harder and need support to "get back on track"

B) Lose a bunch of weight but then have to stop using and gain it plus more back

C) Threads asking for sites they can order these magic pills from

D) Complain about the various side effects from these pills as well as effects from malnourishment
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone keep trying to take the easy way out? Losing weight is free, its safe, and its really not as hard as everyone makes it out to be with all the diet fads and what not. I wish all of the diet fads, myths, shakes, and pills would just be over already :( because I thought you needed all that crap it took me years to even bother trying to lose weight.
  • jdoe0512
    jdoe0512 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Even if they are healthy (big if), it's only going to work while you take the pills. You have not made a conscious effort to change your eating habits, so when you take the pills you might start gaining back the weight. It's like Rogaine for your waistline...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    why can't everybody leave the OP alone??

obviously the placebo ( or in this case, the NOcebo ) effect is working for her.

So we should let her keep doing what she is doing? Even if it means she eats 500 calories or less? Even if it means she ends up sick and doing serious harm to herself?

I think she'll do what she wants, but if someone asks, I'll tell them straight if what they are doing is dumb and dangerous. At least they can't say, 'well, I didn't know."

are you on a mission to save the world?? I had no idea that the mfp forum dwellers take it on themselves to 'save' people.

Oooookkkkaaayyyyy

Seriously-1.gif
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    why can't everybody leave the OP alone??

obviously the placebo ( or in this case, the NOcebo ) effect is working for her.

So we should let her keep doing what she is doing? Even if it means she eats 500 calories or less? Even if it means she ends up sick and doing serious harm to herself?

I think she'll do what she wants, but if someone asks, I'll tell them straight if what they are doing is dumb and dangerous. At least they can't say, 'well, I didn't know."

are you on a mission to save the world?? I had no idea that the mfp forum dwellers take it on themselves to 'save' people.

We're trying to stop the spreading of unhealthy bullsh!t on a site that already attracts extremely diet sensitive people like those who suffer from EDs. She posted it in a PUBLIC forum therefore she opened the topic up for criticism. You need a how-to on the internet?

But what do I know, we're awful, awful people.
  • Justice2012
    Justice2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    LOOK FOLKS...they work for me. I am not trolling. I have been here since 2011. I prayed for this breakthrough and FINALLY after years my prayers have been answered. Thank YOU GOD! :))))))))):flowerforyou:
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    LOOK FOLKS...they work for me. I am not trolling. I have been here since 2011. I prayed for this breakthrough and FINALLY after years my prayers have been answered. Thank YOU GOD! :))))))))):flowerforyou:

You prayed for a VLCD and to build unhealthy eating habits?

I think I would've prayed for determination, physical strength and good health.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

You prayed for a diet pill that you had to come onto a forum and ask if it's safe because you're only eating a salad a day and your hair is falling out? Awesome.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    You say on your profile this:
    The reason I want to lose weight and get in shape is because my body is the temple that houses God's Holy Spirit and I want my "house" to be the best it can be. I have let it go, and there is really no good reason for this. So that is why I am here on MFP.

You are not doing a very good job of this.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. What was the point of your posting this topic? Were you just trying to see how many responses you could get? It's pretty obvious you aren't actually looking for advise so what are you seeking?
This discussion has been closed.