Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Anyone fail on a bio hacking diet?

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Why did you think your maintenance was 1900? As a guy in your 20s who works out, that makes no sense. My maintenance is like 2200, and I'm a 5'3/125 woman in my 40s.

I suspect very poor tracking, but I have seen a few rare cases where guys had even lower TDEE than that.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    As far as appetite goes the fat is what is keeping me satiated. Calcium intake is included at a minimum standard over or under its inconsequential really. Obviously it helps regulate atp for contracting my muscles but because dairy products like all the cheese i eat are high in fats, its not taking into account the saturated fats which are what mainly cause appetite supression, unlike carbs. Rat poison would be a good example or also what do u get when u give your body a vaccine? You train your body to adapt to illness by introducing it. Carbohydrates can be looked at as a toxin but if you were to go full keto you can expect a lower metabolism and degrading of anabolic hormones, and eventually weaker immune system.

I am confused, but if keto lowers metabolic functions and degrades anabolic hormones, how do you expect to gain muscle?
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

Overall, your body will cycle between lipolysis and lipogenesis. Below is a great pictorial of that.

Lipolysis-Lipogenesis1.png

If you are fasting (using the chat above), you would have no increase in breakfast, but you would have two much larger increases for lunch and dinner. Overall, if calories are equal, fast loss is exactly the same thing.

Thanks for this info. I'd like to read more about the bolded. Do you have a source handy?

Edit: NVM. I missed the calories are equal part. :)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Using L-carnitine to get polyunsaturated omega 3s stored rather than burned sounds good to me. Are u using monohydrate? Yea hard to speculate how much water i gained on it since its intracellular, but its never noticeable. I avoid seated calf raises because they disengage the gastroc and for abs i still go heavy everyones genetic ratio for fast twitch to slow twitch can vary. Fast twitch hypertrophy vs slow twitch hypertrophy even at a lower capacity will still be more of a cosmetic improvement. Slow twitch fibers dont get unused at higher intensity like fast twitch doesnt at lower intensity as well.

1) Transport of fatty acids into the mitochondria means they get burned, not stored.
    2) You don't want to store Omega 3s. You want them utilized by the body.
    3) That's the whole point of seated calf raises. They isolate the Soleus.
    4) I was not putting forward a legitimate synopsis of my approach.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Overall, your body will cycle between lipolysis and lipogenesis. Below is a great pictorial of that.

Lipolysis-Lipogenesis1.png

If you are fasting (using the chat above), you would have no increase in breakfast, but you would have two much larger increases for lunch and dinner. Overall, if calories are equal, fast loss is exactly the same thing.

Thanks for this info. I'd like to read more about the bolded. Do you have a source handy?

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/index.php/free-content/free-content/volume-1-issue-7-insulin-and-thinking-better/insulin-an-undeserved-bad-reputation/

The graphic is from here and some of the basic stuff if from that stuff.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Thanks... I was editing my post as you responded.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Thanks... I was editing my post as you responded.

Ok. Yea, i didn't address the energy balance part specifically, but rather purely the hormonal aspect.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to guess that high levels of caffeine are consumed while bio hacking?

OP, I think you're making this far more complicated than it needs to be, but it's awesome that you found something to get excited about and get great results from. :drinker:
  • hamilton8560
    hamilton8560 Posts: 61 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Isolating the soleus? For what? Stored in the mitochandria thats a negative being burned as a calorie does not mean being utilized, so not whole lot of fact present.
  • hamilton8560
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Because thats what resulted based on food logs and weight scale. Not every male or female has the same metabolism, can you agree on that? Or is it karvonen formula all day to fix everyone
  • psuLemon
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Because thats what resulted based on food logs and weight scale. Not every male or female has the same metabolism, can you agree on that? Or is it karvonen formula all day to fix everyone

Metabolisms vary based on a lot of factors. TDEE varies based on a lot of factors. But was does that have to do with anything? If you are suggesting your TDEE increase by 1100 calories or more by switching to Keto, that just didn't happen. Keto only provides an increase to EE short term due to the increase in ketone production but during that period fat oxidation is reduced.

In fact, I am struggle a bit to understand what are you even trying to achieve or discuss? You seem to be conflating a lot of different topics but haven't been able to provide that in a manor that we can understand.
  • hamilton8560
    Options
    Yea im not ketogenic so refer back to previous comments to come back into context
  • hamilton8560
    Options
    Of course we got some side comments about a guy wanting swoll soleus muscles which is funny
  • hamilton8560
    Options
    Hey carlos while ure at it give rotator cuffs and pec minor its own day to get jacked...
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Yea im not ketogenic so refer back to previous comments to come back into context

Sorry, ultra low carb most days and 2 refeeds.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Hmmm...Have I have ever had success getting enough sleep, reducing my stress, controlling my environment to eat less, excercising, and have a moderate deficit. Sounds fake
  • hamilton8560
    Options
    Yea i mean im anti calorie deficit is the thing, i think i can ramp up to 4000 calories and 6000 on refeeds, still without cardio and only one hour workout days. So if i do that using this bizarre system, would it interest you guys? Im trying to kick calorie counting to the curb entirely. I have over 100 days logged on this stuff. It seems hostile from you guys so far but i am testing out stuff and as evidence of me being fat prior to the summer we cant assume i have freak natural genetics. If i get on stage without ever doing a cutting or bulking phase because of this am i changing anyones opinion at all?