Smoking Weed

Options
124»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't drink or do any drugs. I had one six ounce glass of wine in a year (only because of the hype about the supposed health benefits that I now disagree with). I'm intolerant to it. I don't even take the nonaddictive low dose pain med that my Neurologist tried to prescribe to me for my Neurological pain disorder. And not during child birth or ever. My husband has never had a drink or drug in his life. But, I don't judge other people's different lifestyle choices. People drink in my presence because it's fun for them and relaxing. I like when people are having fun. Some people use weed for medicinal reasons (even though they might not tell you about their medical issues). I like people, and getting to know them, and learning new things. So, I am not a wet blanket that rains on the fun by being self righteous. I have fun my way, they have fun their way, and we all get along. I respect people. I don't think that person should be friends with a judgy person.
  • 2MuchTyme
    2MuchTyme Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    YEAH what they all said I am and old toker...dont anymore because of my job.

There are so many benufits, for anxiety, anirexia, pain, ave the list goes on and on....

Legalizing it would create such a tax benifit. Maybe they would stop taking away from the elderly, and poor...
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I am going to guess that you have more than one friend that smokes weed and you just don't know it! You'd be amazed at the people that smoke it...like doctors, lawyers, police. I know some very intelligent, successful people that smoke weed daily. Personally I would rather have someone smoke weed than drink. Like really have you ever seen a bar brawl after someone just smoked a joint!?!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    kevinf2380 wrote: »
    I've never done drugs and always tried to distance myself from people that do. I recently made a friend I like a lot who just admitted he smokes now and then. I get that marijuana is becoming more acceptable in our society. I've always felt is kind of a crutch for a lack happiness elsewhere. Would you stop being friends with someone over this?

lolololololololololololololololololololol
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I've never done drugs and always tried to distance myself from people that do. I recently made a friend I like a lot who just admitted he smokes now and then. I get that marijuana is becoming more acceptable in our society. I've always felt is kind of a crutch for a lack happiness elsewhere. Would you stop being friends with someone over this?

Alcohol is a drug. Would you stop being friends with somebody because they enjoy a beer? Shouldn't people who drink get their happiness elsewhere, like from pumping iron?

I actually do stop being friends with people who think doing anything fun requires alcohol. I hate the alcohol comparison. It's not even close to the same thing. You get a surprise drug test at work after a night of drinking and you still have a job.

you are very clueless on the topic. but at least you hold deeply held beliefs on it!
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I have lots of friends who smoke, yes they try and get me to smoke, but like a lot of folk's Its the same as drinking. My job requires drug screening, so to keep my employment I don't partake. I use to smoke before I had kids, and when they arrived, I decided it would be good for me, not to smoke...
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
  • daleisfortynine
    Options
    I wouldn't stop being their friend....because I would never start.

Same!
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Same!

I guess you'll both miss out on some amazing people in your life. Sucks to be closed minded.
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options

Same!

I guess you'll both miss out on some amazing people in your life. Sucks to be closed minded.

This.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

Alcohol is a drug. Would you stop being friends with somebody because they enjoy a beer? Shouldn't people who drink get their happiness elsewhere, like from pumping iron?

I actually do stop being friends with people who think doing anything fun requires alcohol. I hate the alcohol comparison. It's not even close to the same thing. You get a surprise drug test at work after a night of drinking and you still have a job.

Pot is illegal federally because of politics, not because it is more dangerous than alcohol.

I've been to a lot of NA meetings with friends and family, and no one was there due to pot.

I have seen far more devastation from alcohol, which is of course legal. Alcohol is the true gateway drug.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

No, I wouldn't. Would you stop being friends with someone who drinks alcohol? I've heard that is a crutch for social awkwardness and lack of hapiness elsewhere.
  • JP_909
    JP_909 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I smoked a joint last night, and I'll do it again tonight. It helps me relax & sleep. You can all unfriend me if that bothers anybody, but I stand by my decision
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    OP - are you a cop? You have to answer if you're a cop. Also, I'm just joking. Potheads aren't scary, why would you care one way or another? Are you also not friends with people that drink? Sorry if you already answered this, I skipped to the end.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Same!

Yeah, for sure. I feel like I have cheated myself by not surrounding myself with such highly motivated individuals. Oh well, my loss.

Once again, closed minded. You're basing your opinions on ignorant stereotypes. Makes me wonder what other groups you judge...