No Meat for Week

Options
124»

Replies

• ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If you get in all you need, and you've already been eating all you need, or if you are deficient, and still will be deficient, your body won't react any differently. You may miss meat though. Or maybe you won't.

I suggest getting in a wide variety and combos of grains and pulses, oils, nuts and seeds, fruit and vegetables, and dairy, fish, seafood, eggs if you are going to eat that.

I stay in a deficit I make sure of that. I measure and count everything I put in my mouth. No liquid calories only water and herbal tea. I just wanted to try something different due to the fact that I am losing a lb a week and I want to know if perhaps I will drop more without consuming meat. I see many vegans that lose a substantial amount of weight in a short period of time so I figured I will try it out. If it works for one week I will try it again.

I like trying new things just to see what works for me. I began in Feb '16 and I have lost 40lbs. I feel perhaps I could have done better.

Thank you for your feedback appreciate it. ;)

You've lost 40lb already....1lb a week isn't too shabby at all and neither is 40lb in six months. Don't underestimate what you've achieved so far.

Thank you for your kind words, appreciate it.
  • ktilton70130
    Options
    okay, I am thinking of trying something for a week, no meat. Do anyone have any pointers? I like trying different things to see how my body will react.Thanks in advance. o:)

Everyone is doing this right now, I've had 4-5 people in my office ask me about it. Another person swearing by it... a newly turned vegetarian ... I wonder what is the catalyst for all of this? for you? why the choice to go meat free?

I can not speak for others however I just wanted to give it a try. I have seen a number of vegans lose a substantial amount of weight in a short period of time. So I want to give it a try just to attempt to drop weight faster. I am currently losing 1lb a week. I've lost 40lbs since Feb 16. I just try different things to see what works. I'm only trying it for a week or two if I can hang in there.
    I hope I answered your question.

I have seen plenty of overweight vegans and vegetarians.

lol um yeah Im sure but read what i wrote again. I stated that I have seen a number of vegans (meaning I have observed vegans that are on a weight loss journey) lose weight in a short amount of time. Therefore, I became curious, that's all .
  • ktilton70130
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    OP never said she wanted to be vegetarian. She said she was not eating meat. For religions that celebrate Lent, they eat fish when they are required to not eat meat. I know plenty of people who consider "meat" and "fish" different things. So whether or not she was eating fish is a perfectly logical question.

OP, just make sure you get enough protein, I think you've already gotten plenty of advice on alternative sources.

Thank you for your feedback. Im literally reading this feedback lost and puzzled wondering how did it get this far,lol. I thank you.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    As you log your meals watch the protein macro. Have fun!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    okay, I am thinking of trying something for a week, no meat. Do anyone have any pointers? I like trying different things to see how my body will react.Thanks in advance. o:)

Everyone is doing this right now, I've had 4-5 people in my office ask me about it. Another person swearing by it... a newly turned vegetarian ... I wonder what is the catalyst for all of this? for you? why the choice to go meat free?

I can not speak for others however I just wanted to give it a try. I have seen a number of vegans lose a substantial amount of weight in a short period of time. So I want to give it a try just to attempt to drop weight faster. I am currently losing 1lb a week. I've lost 40lbs since Feb 16. I just try different things to see what works. I'm only trying it for a week or two if I can hang in there.
    I hope I answered your question.

I have seen plenty of overweight vegans and vegetarians.

lol um yeah Im sure but read what i wrote again. I stated that I have seen a number of vegans (meaning I have observed vegans that are on a weight loss journey) lose weight in a short amount of time. Therefore, I became curious, that's all .

It's a journey, not a race.
  • snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Fish and dairy are considered animal products. There are a lot of recipes on the Internet that are easy to make. Same with Pintinterest. I hope it goes well! I haven't had red meat since May and I don't miss it. I do miss eggs once in a while but that's going away as well.