Why are people so negative regarding clean eating?

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Once our nutrient needs are met, we don’t get extra credit for eating more nutritious food!

Thanks Sara, that's one of my favorites of all time.

Whelp, that's kind of Just Your Opinion, Some others don't agree. What you chose to use your extra calories on is your business, but if someone else makes a difference choice why is there a need to chastise them for it. Cant you eat your ice cream and they have some slices of watermelon without it turning into a IIFYM vs Clean Eaters debate. Maybe for them they do get extra credit because they are avoiding additives or want to stick to foods grown by mother nature. That is their philosophy and they are entitled to it. Just like an IIFYMer doesn't get kudos because they met their nutrients needs and decided they wanted to use the rest on some Mickey D's. Do what works for you. There's no reason to troll for the words "clean" just to cause tension and arguments. You don't need to preach your "facts and science" to every member who uses the word, or follows a different philosophy than yours.
    Does this imply once our nutritional needs are met, we can go eat a half gallon of ice cream with out negative effects on our biochemistry(I am talking about lethargic or ill feeling)?

My thoughts exactly. Let me just say this, I try my best to avoid fast food at all costs because once I stopped eating it and then tried to have some, I felt sick to my stomach. My body completely rejected it. When something does that it may not necessarily be that great for you. I personally dont believe that just because I met my macros I can go eat whatever else I want. If that's your philosophy not a problem with me, but don't tell me that all your vast scientific evidence states otherwise. Whether you can eat certain foods and still lose weight is one thing. Whether its actually good for your body is another.

cue argument
    "Fast food has nutrition do you even know what healthy is"
    "stop demonizing food"
    " there is no such thing as Good For You"
    "as long as you meet your macro's blah blah blah"
    "

I suggest you read the whole quote.

I was giving a well reasoned viewpoint from a highly educated person in the industry. No trolling was involved. He also lays out the logic, which you seem to have missed.

sorry no missed logic here, both your quotes were OPINIONS and your "highly educated person in the industry" is also sharing his OPINION

Feel free to QFT hahahaha ok but seriously

most IIFYMer actually eat clean 80-90% of the time so in your own words stop "demonizing" the term. Let by gones be by gones. Whether you like it or not "Clean Eating" is a philosophy that exists just like your IIFYM is. There are many reasons besides just weight loss as the person stated above. There's nothing wrong with it and I see more people calling Clean Eating wrong, than I see members attacking IIFYMer for having some ice cream. Macro's aren't the end all be all in my opinion but it has valid points, Clean Eating isn't the end all be all, but it has some great points...is it so hard to admit that?

Oh dear!

You really did not understand the quote (it was only one from me btw) that I posted at all if that is your reaction. I posted it not for your 'approval' as frankly I do not care. I posted it as a reasoned explanation from someone who is very well versed in nutition for people who may be interested.

ETA: I am still a bit baffled as to how posting that quote is trolling. Methinks you just like to insult people who have a different viewpoint. That could be considered trolling you know!

Mmmm Pot Calling the Kettle Black?

Why is there this constant "I need to educate you attitude" I am sure people who like to eat clean are very educated. Its this constant preaching that tends to be overkill.

Please show me where I have insulted you, or anyone in this post.

I was sharing a viewpoint. Are we not supposed to do that? Is that now insulting? To post a well reasoned opinion from someone who actually knows what they are talking about?

In This Post being the key words, but at this point.................

64830632.s28h57zV.Yawning.gif

I'm just glad you finally used the key word "Opinion"

Or any other post then. And lets not forget that you started with the insults in this thread (recurring theme) for all to see.

And do I really need to state that it is someone's opinion when quoting something like that? Really? Also, viewpoint = opinion. I stated it was someone's viewpoint. How about reading a bit more and insulting a bit less?

Also, I do not think you have actually answered any of the questions. I hope you get a good burn with all that dodging and diving.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Once our nutrient needs are met, we don’t get extra credit for eating more nutritious food!

Whelp, that's kind of Just Your Opinion, Some others don't agree. What you chose to use your extra calories on is your business, but if someone else makes a difference choice why is there a need to chastise them for it. Cant you eat your ice cream and they have some slices of watermelon without it turning into a IIFYM vs Clean Eaters debate. Maybe for them they do get extra credit because they are avoiding additives or want to stick to foods grown by mother nature. That is their philosophy and they are entitled to it. Just like an IIFYMer doesn't get kudos because they met their nutrients needs and decided they wanted to use the rest on some Mickey D's. Do what works for you. There's no reason to troll for the words "clean" just to cause tension and arguments. You don't need to preach your "facts and science" to every member who uses the word, or follows a different philosophy than yours.
    Does this imply once our nutritional needs are met, we can go eat a half gallon of ice cream with out negative effects on our biochemistry(I am talking about lethargic or ill feeling)?

My thoughts exactly. Let me just say this, I try my best to avoid fast food at all costs because once I stopped eating it and then tried to have some, I felt sick to my stomach. My body completely rejected it. When something does that it may not necessarily be that great for you. I personally dont believe that just because I met my macros I can go eat whatever else I want. If that's your philosophy not a problem with me, but don't tell me that all your vast scientific evidence states otherwise. Whether you can eat certain foods and still lose weight is one thing. Whether its actually good for your body is another.

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

I was giving a well reasoned viewpoint from a highly educated person in the industry. No trolling was involved. He also lays out the logic, which you seem to have missed.

sorry no missed logic here, both your quotes were OPINIONS and your "highly educated person in the industry" is also sharing his OPINION

most IIFYMer actually eat clean 80-90% of the time so in your own words stop "demonizing" the term. Let by gones be by gones. Whether you like it or not "Clean Eating" is a philosophy that exists just like your IIFYM is. There are many reasons besides just weight loss as the person stated above. There's nothing wrong with it and I see more people calling Clean Eating wrong, than I see members attacking IIFYMer for having some ice cream. Macro's aren't the end all be all in my opinion but it has valid points, Clean Eating isn't the end all be all, but it has some great points...is it so hard to admit that?

Oh dear!

You really did not understand the quote (it was only one from me btw) that I posted at all if that is your reaction. I posted it not for your 'approval' as frankly I do not care. I posted it as a reasoned explanation from someone who is very well versed in nutition for people who may be interested.

ETA: I am still a bit baffled as to how posting that quote is trolling. Methinks you just like to insult people who have a different viewpoint. That could be considered trolling you know!

Why is there this constant "I need to educate you attitude" I am sure people who like to eat clean are very educated. Its this constant preaching that tends to be overkill.

I completely agree with this post...

...I just disagree to whom you are directing it.

Perhaps now would be an appropriate time for a bit of introspection, no?

^this
  • FitnessBeverlyHills
    Options

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

Oh dear!

I was sharing a viewpoint. Are we not supposed to do that? Is that now insulting? To post a well reasoned opinion from someone who actually knows what they are talking about?

Or any other post then. And lets not forget that you started with the insults in this thread (recurring theme) for all to see.

And do I really need to state that it is someone's opinion when quoting something like that? Really? Also, viewpoint = opinion. I stated it was someone's viewpoint. How about reading a bit more and insulting a bit less?

Also, I do not think you have actually answered any of the questions. I hope you get a good burn with all that dodging and diving.

Insulting? Did I insult you? What Question? Take a break, completely missing my original point which is now nonexistent. Frankly this back and forth is not really that big of a deal. I was defending the notion that "clean" eaters are allowed to believe and eat however they want without being attacked or insulted for their choices. This little tit for tat is just now off topic and completely pointless.

And with that being said

tumblr_mc02okU8Pf1rir4jgo1_500.gif
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    my original point which is now nonexistent.

Now?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

Oh dear!

Insulting? Did I insult you? What Question? Take a break, completely missing my original point which is now nonexistent. Frankly this back and forth is not really that big of a deal. I was defending the notion that "clean" eaters are allowed to believe and eat however they want without being attacked or insulted for their choices. This little tit for tat is just now off topic and completely pointless.

And with that being said

tumblr_mc02okU8Pf1rir4jgo1_500.gif

Reading comprehension...kinda missing.

Supporting your claims...kinda missing

Answering questions...kinda missing

Getting the point...kinda missing

To be fair, I don't think kittens nor babies are known for having the best comprehension. Especially when sleepy.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, this is a must read for the train on the way home.

"Clean eating" is a subjective term, depending who you are, what your beliefs are around nutrition and what you want to put into practice.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    IN ON PAGE 3 SUCKAS!!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

Oh dear!

So sara was this a complement? "He also lays out the logic, which you seem to have missed." Are you implying she has no logic and she's duand an idiot? It's an insulting comment what you have said. Just so you're aware.

I'd call that a valid observation, not an insult.
  • jdallas69
    jdallas69 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Relax
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

Oh dear!

So sara was this a complement? "He also lays out the logic, which you seem to have missed." Are you implying she has no logic and she's duand an idiot? It's an insulting comment what you have said. Just so you're aware.

Saying you have missed the logic neither implies one is without logic or is an idiot. It stands on its own that she missed the logic behind the quote that was posted. Your faulty inference likely stems from bad reading comprehension as evidenced in most of your posts.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I-dont-know-how-people-get-so-anti-something.-Mind-your-own-business-take-care-of-your-own-affairs-and-dont-worry-about-other-people-so-much.-Betty-White-quote.jpg

If clean eating works for you, AWESOME. If "dirty" eating works for you, AWESOME FOR YOU TOO. Why the hell do people care so much about how OTHER people are eating? It's SO STUPID.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

Oh dear!

So sara was this a complement? "He also lays out the logic, which you seem to have missed." Are you implying she has no logic and she's dumb and an idiot? It's an insulting comment what you have said. Just so you're aware.

You are grasping in your very ironic attempt at White Knighting and attempt stir things up (which is pretty par for the course really).
  • ryry_
    Options

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

Oh dear!

Saying you have missed the logic neither implies one is without logic or is an idiot. It stands on its own that she missed the logic behind the quote that was posted. Your faulty inference likely stems from bad reading comprehension as evidenced in most of your posts.

Are you in a field that uses logic? like mathematics, chemistry, computer science, or any science field for that matter?

Nope. Finance and Life. No logic required.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

Oh dear!

That's your view on the matter, doesn't mean her,I, others or the mods share the same view. That's not a neutral comment. It's more on the negative side... you didn't even have to address that issue. The same way i didn't address how you didn't type a space between "Methinks" i can imply things out of that if I wanted to.

First, you might want to pay attention to who you're quoting and responding to. This is NOT an insult (I feel it necessary to make sure this is understood) but rather a point to make sure that conversations don't get mixed up. You clearly thought you were typing to Sara.

Second, you cannot decide what is "meant to be an insult" simply because YOU were offended. It's not Sara's problem if she made a comment and someone else decided to "take" it as an insult.

Third, I think she was justified in addressing the issue that the person with whom she was conversing didn't understand the content she provided, which is vital to the actual conversation. :huh:

Fourth, because you perceived an insult from an observational comment you feel that it's okay to attack another user's spelling/grammar, which actually IS against the forum guidelines? Seriously? :noway:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

Oh dear!

That's your view on the matter, doesn't mean her,I, others or the mods share the same view. That's not a neutral comment. It's more on the negative side... you didn't even have to address that issue. The same way i didn't address how you didn't type a space between "Methinks" i can imply things out of that if I wanted to.

If you think I have violated the TOS, feel free to report me, if you have not done so already. No need to continue your repeated attempts in threads to threaten people (that you do not like)with the mods for voicing an opinion. I am sure you know where the report button is.

Edited for typo
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8db0pMgEh1r087t2.gif

Really, people? WHO CARES? If you don't think clean eating is necessary...DON'T DO IT. If you do think its necessary, GO FOR IT!! WHO CARES?! Why are people arguing about this?
  • ryry_
    Options

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

Oh dear!

This this has turned into Grammar time with elmo (who is the cartoon authority on grammer these days anyway?), you would be inferring.

When you’re striving for clarity in writing, it’s critical to use the right words. In the case of imply and infer, it helps to remember that the speaker implies and the listener infers.

tumblr_mmcw8mofwG1r5xzspo1_400.jpg
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

Oh dear!

It's a good thing you completely avoided answering the question. You might have had to concede a point and I know how scary that can be.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    IN ON PAGE 3 SUCKAS!!!

You are so facking adorable. Come pull up a chair next to me...I have popcorns.

arod-diaz.gif