Why are people so negative regarding clean eating?

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You all realize that this may be WWIII.

You're cute too there's a chair on the other side of me, I have plenty of popcorns.

video_cameron_diaz_talks_arod_and_popcorn_on_letterman.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8db0pMgEh1r087t2.gif

Really, people? WHO CARES? If you don't think clean eating is necessary...DON'T DO IT. If you do think its necessary, GO FOR IT!! WHO CARES?! Why are people arguing about this?
    If you don't think this thread is necessary, don't read it.:tongue:
  • FitnessBeverlyHills
    Options
    Once our nutrient needs are met, we don’t get extra credit for eating more nutritious food!

Thanks Sara, that's one of my favorites of all time.

Whelp, that's kind of Just Your Opinion, Some others don't agree. What you chose to use your extra calories on is your business, but if someone else makes a difference choice why is there a need to chastise them for it. Cant you eat your ice cream and they have some slices of watermelon without it turning into a IIFYM vs Clean Eaters debate. Maybe for them they do get extra credit because they are avoiding additives or want to stick to foods grown by mother nature. That is their philosophy and they are entitled to it. Just like an IIFYMer doesn't get kudos because they met their nutrients needs and decided they wanted to use the rest on some Mickey D's. Do what works for you. There's no reason to troll for the words "clean" just to cause tension and arguments. You don't need to preach your "facts and science" to every member who uses the word, or follows a different philosophy than yours.
    Does this imply once our nutritional needs are met, we can go eat a half gallon of ice cream with out negative effects on our biochemistry(I am talking about lethargic or ill feeling)?

My thoughts exactly. Let me just say this, I try my best to avoid fast food at all costs because once I stopped eating it and then tried to have some, I felt sick to my stomach. My body completely rejected it. When something does that it may not necessarily be that great for you. I personally dont believe that just because I met my macros I can go eat whatever else I want. If that's your philosophy not a problem with me, but don't tell me that all your vast scientific evidence states otherwise. Whether you can eat certain foods and still lose weight is one thing. Whether its actually good for your body is another.

cue argument
    "Fast food has nutrition do you even know what healthy is"
    "stop demonizing food"
    " there is no such thing as Good For You"
    "as long as you meet your macro's blah blah blah"
    "

I suggest you read the whole quote.

I was giving a well reasoned viewpoint from a highly educated person in the industry. No trolling was involved. He also lays out the logic, which you seem to have missed.

sorry no missed logic here, both your quotes were OPINIONS and your "highly educated person in the industry" is also sharing his OPINION

Feel free to QFT hahahaha ok but seriously

most IIFYMer actually eat clean 80-90% of the time so in your own words stop "demonizing" the term. Let by gones be by gones. Whether you like it or not "Clean Eating" is a philosophy that exists just like your IIFYM is. There are many reasons besides just weight loss as the person stated above. There's nothing wrong with it and I see more people calling Clean Eating wrong, than I see members attacking IIFYMer for having some ice cream. Macro's aren't the end all be all in my opinion but it has valid points, Clean Eating isn't the end all be all, but it has some great points...is it so hard to admit that?

Oh dear!

You really did not understand the quote (it was only one from me btw) that I posted at all if that is your reaction. I posted it not for your 'approval' as frankly I do not care. I posted it as a reasoned explanation from someone who is very well versed in nutition for people who may be interested.

ETA: I am still a bit baffled as to how posting that quote is trolling. Methinks you just like to insult people who have a different viewpoint. That could be considered trolling you know!

Mmmm Pot Calling the Kettle Black?

Why is there this constant "I need to educate you attitude" I am sure people who like to eat clean are very educated. Its this constant preaching that tends to be overkill.

Please show me where I have insulted you, or anyone in this post.

I was sharing a viewpoint. Are we not supposed to do that? Is that now insulting? To post a well reasoned opinion from someone who actually knows what they are talking about?

In This Post being the key words, but at this point.................

64830632.s28h57zV.Yawning.gif

I'm just glad you finally used the key word "Opinion"

It's a good thing you completely avoided answering the question. You might have had to concede a point and I know how scary that can be.

Oh you mean my lack of logic and reading comprehension, does that answer gain your approval.

Now really, all these dramatics are so over the top. I'm not answering your "question" your holiness because this conversation is like arguing with my 5yr old nephew.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Once our nutrient needs are met, we don’t get extra credit for eating more nutritious food!

Whelp, that's kind of Just Your Opinion, Some others don't agree. What you chose to use your extra calories on is your business, but if someone else makes a difference choice why is there a need to chastise them for it. Cant you eat your ice cream and they have some slices of watermelon without it turning into a IIFYM vs Clean Eaters debate. Maybe for them they do get extra credit because they are avoiding additives or want to stick to foods grown by mother nature. That is their philosophy and they are entitled to it. Just like an IIFYMer doesn't get kudos because they met their nutrients needs and decided they wanted to use the rest on some Mickey D's. Do what works for you. There's no reason to troll for the words "clean" just to cause tension and arguments. You don't need to preach your "facts and science" to every member who uses the word, or follows a different philosophy than yours.
    Does this imply once our nutritional needs are met, we can go eat a half gallon of ice cream with out negative effects on our biochemistry(I am talking about lethargic or ill feeling)?

My thoughts exactly. Let me just say this, I try my best to avoid fast food at all costs because once I stopped eating it and then tried to have some, I felt sick to my stomach. My body completely rejected it. When something does that it may not necessarily be that great for you. I personally dont believe that just because I met my macros I can go eat whatever else I want. If that's your philosophy not a problem with me, but don't tell me that all your vast scientific evidence states otherwise. Whether you can eat certain foods and still lose weight is one thing. Whether its actually good for your body is another.

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

I was giving a well reasoned viewpoint from a highly educated person in the industry. No trolling was involved. He also lays out the logic, which you seem to have missed.

sorry no missed logic here, both your quotes were OPINIONS and your "highly educated person in the industry" is also sharing his OPINION

most IIFYMer actually eat clean 80-90% of the time so in your own words stop "demonizing" the term. Let by gones be by gones. Whether you like it or not "Clean Eating" is a philosophy that exists just like your IIFYM is. There are many reasons besides just weight loss as the person stated above. There's nothing wrong with it and I see more people calling Clean Eating wrong, than I see members attacking IIFYMer for having some ice cream. Macro's aren't the end all be all in my opinion but it has valid points, Clean Eating isn't the end all be all, but it has some great points...is it so hard to admit that?

Oh dear!

You really did not understand the quote (it was only one from me btw) that I posted at all if that is your reaction. I posted it not for your 'approval' as frankly I do not care. I posted it as a reasoned explanation from someone who is very well versed in nutition for people who may be interested.

ETA: I am still a bit baffled as to how posting that quote is trolling. Methinks you just like to insult people who have a different viewpoint. That could be considered trolling you know!

Mmmm Pot Calling the Kettle Black?

Why is there this constant "I need to educate you attitude" I am sure people who like to eat clean are very educated. Its this constant preaching that tends to be overkill.

Please show me where I have insulted you, or anyone in this post.

I was sharing a viewpoint. Are we not supposed to do that? Is that now insulting? To post a well reasoned opinion from someone who actually knows what they are talking about?

In This Post being the key words, but at this point.................

64830632.s28h57zV.Yawning.gif

I'm just glad you finally used the key word "Opinion"

It's a good thing you completely avoided answering the question. You might have had to concede a point and I know how scary that can be.

Oh you mean my lack of logic and reading comprehension, does that answer gain your approval.

Now really, all these dramatics are so over the top. I'm not answering your "question" your holiness because this conversation is like arguing with my 5yr old nephew.

And it continues to go unanswered. Your perseverance is commendable.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread! You have taken the spotlight from the 'weight lifting vs cardio' craziness for a while! :flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Has the question been answered yet? Just checking.

teen-movie-goer.jpg the lags are getting so long i've resorted to just phoning it in.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread! You have taken the spotlight from the 'weight lifting vs cardio' craziness for a while! :flowerforyou:

Stop looking at me swan.

stop-looking-at-me-swan-o.gif
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    chicken, broccoli and rice for life yo!
  • FitnessBeverlyHills
    Options
    How-I-Feel-When-I-Correctly-Answer-A-Question.gif
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mneztwPo1i1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

jensen8.gif
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options

Really, people? WHO CARES? If you don't think clean eating is necessary...DON'T DO IT. If you do think its necessary, GO FOR IT!! WHO CARES?! Why are people arguing about this?

tumblr_lxx05zwB0O1qanrqso1_400.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

That's not hypocritical at all.
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Please baby Jesus.......make it stop!!!????????????????????????????????????
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

Oh dear!

So sara was this a complement? "He also lays out the logic, which you seem to have missed." Are you implying she has no logic and she's duand an idiot? It's an insulting comment what you have said. Just so you're aware.

Saying you have missed the logic neither implies one is without logic or is an idiot. It stands on its own that she missed the logic behind the quote that was posted. Your faulty inference likely stems from bad reading comprehension as evidenced in most of your posts.

Lets look at it from a "logical" point of view.

1. Was the comment constructive? Nope
    2. Was it neutral? Possibly. If it was me... I would have just ignored it and not said anything at all. The same way I ignored your comment claiming I have bad reading comprehension based on most of my posts. To draw that conclusion you need to apply logic. Yet as you said yourself you're not in that field. So thanks for your illogical conclusion."DON'T WORRY JUST MAKING AN OBSERVATION." There are other ways to say things then the way they where said(the comment we're discussing). We also don't know the person or how they would take the comment.

3. Was it destructive? the neutral possibilities are above in number "2." so what is left out of 1,2 and 3? I'll let you come to your conclusion.

Alas, PU I must concede, mostly because its my bed time. You have bested me with your sound logic and university acumen for which I am no match. I do give you props for ignoring my comment about your reading comprehension, even though to ignore now seems to mean "to reply directly to". Us normal folk are not privy to your math or science majors, thus logic is a luxury not afforded to the serfs. I wonder what Aristotle's major was at his community college. And of course, if I am not in one of the approved fields of logic, any statement I make regarding one's use of logic is surely illogical. There is no need to even evaluate the statement to determine if there is merit. Just like the scientific method!
    I remember when I was 19 and starting my major. Took some classes (don't worry I did not use logic), gained a little knowledge, thought it made me an authority figure. It was all really....cute.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options

Ummm...

Why the hell is everyone on here so eager to argue? My one and only point was that it's silly to argue over the eating habits of others. I stand by what I said and I refuse to argue with some random person on the internet that I don't even know. Have a nice day and have fun eating whatever you choose to eat!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

Oh dear!

So sara was this a complement? "He also lays out the logic, which you seem to have missed." Are you implying she has no logic and she's dumb and an idiot? It's an insulting comment what you have said. Just so you're aware.

You are grasping in your very ironic attempt at White Knighting and attempt stir things up (which is pretty par for the course really).
    I just pointing out might be saying things and aren't aware of the negative effects it has on people. Just to pick better wording, but I do give you props on your attempt at reverse psychology.I am taken sara... thanks Maybe if things don't go well, maybe our paths might cross and we can have a romantic encounter.

Grossly inappropriate.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

Ummm...

Why the hell is everyone on here so eager to argue? My one and only point was that it's silly to argue over the eating habits of others. I stand by what I said and I refuse to argue with some random person on the internet that I don't even know. Have a nice day and have fun eating whatever you choose to eat!
    It's not an argument, it's just humorous that you took the time to come in and type out a long "who cares." I'm not arguing, I'm laughing. Silly post is silly.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Clean eating....lol made up terms.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

cue argument
    "stop demonizing food"
    "

Oh dear!

So sara was this a complement? "He also lays out the logic, which you seem to have missed." Are you implying she has no logic and she's dumb and an idiot? It's an insulting comment what you have said. Just so you're aware.

You are grasping in your very ironic attempt at White Knighting and attempt stir things up (which is pretty par for the course really).
    I just pointing out might be saying things and aren't aware of the negative effects it has on people. Just to pick better wording, but I do give you props on your attempt at reverse psychology.I am taken sara... thanks Maybe if things don't go well, maybe our paths might cross and we can have a romantic encounter.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit. This thread needs an imagery warning. Tsk.