Calling All tall Ladies 5'7 n up

Options

Replies

• krissa3670
    krissa3670 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and currently weigh 15st 9lb. I am looking for similar buddies but also if any of you have progress pics for my height it would be a great insentive, i look at myself and just cant imagine what i would look like without the extra weight, am thinking of getting to 11st 7lb but not sure if that is too much or not. Any advise would be gratefully received. I also suffer from Fibromyalgia and arthris in both knees and lower back. I know if i lose the weight the pain will ease and that is an incentive too. Would be a total bonus to not have to take so many meds too. Please add me as a friend x
  • kirstysjackson
    Options
    im 5'7 and still have over 50lbs to lose. i try and look at it in smaller sections though. atm i am 207 and am looking and getting rid of that 2 and seeing a 1. then i will look at it in 10lb increments. so i dont feel too much stress i give myself a month for each 10lbs. i hope to be 150lbs (ish) by next summer though
  • rachpie90
    rachpie90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5"10 and don't need to lose anything... I just want to tone up, keep track of my eating and get fit! Of course there's areas of my body I want to improve, but I'm under my BMI at the moment (eek) so want to just keep on top of eating healthy with no more weight loss.

Lovely to see other tall ladies here though!

Rach x
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and currently weigh 15st 9lb. I am looking for similar buddies but also if any of you have progress pics for my height it would be a great insentive, i look at myself and just cant imagine what i would look like without the extra weight, am thinking of getting to 11st 7lb but not sure if that is too much or not. Any advise would be gratefully received. I also suffer from Fibromyalgia and arthris in both knees and lower back. I know if i lose the weight the pain will ease and that is an incentive too. Would be a total bonus to not have to take so many meds too. Please add me as a friend x

I also have Fibromyalgia, although I don't take meds for it, as I found the side effects of them outweighed the benefits. I try to do fairly low impact excerises, and just bought a swimsuit last night because I've heard swimming is great for people with Fibromyalgia. We'll see how that goes!
  • RachaelEDean
    RachaelEDean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'9" and am looking to loose about 16 pounds! We're all in this together and with support and encouragement there's NOTHING we can't do! Add me if you'd like!
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Just looking for weight loss buddies out there who are as tall as I am. Hopefully some of you out there are on this journey with me to a healthy and better you. I got over a 100 to lose so I would like to see pics of those that have met their goal. It's only been 2 weeks for me n I'm just trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sashoi

Wow, 11 pounds in 2 weeks is FANTASTIC!
  • Rollie277
    Rollie277 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey hey, I'm 5'8" and I need to lose 100 lbs too.
  • healthyvoice
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'9, looking to lose about (gahhhh) 60lbs.. I want to get there by February, so 10lbs a month. We can do it!!!
    Also- I'm new to this site. :)
  • hendongirl
    hendongirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    5'75 here and a whole heap to lose.....
    one day at a time....!
  • charlynkoch
    Options
    Hey girls,

I am 5'8. Like Rollie277 I need to loose 100+ lbs. I don't know where to start and how I am going to that. This isn't my first attempt to loose weight. I went on so many diets before. However, it never quite worked. I never lost weight, not even after 6 to 8 weeks. But this is my last attempt. This is my last chance.
  • DJsmom129
    DJsmom129 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, thank God for my height, I have always been over weight, thankfully I found MFP, I love this app/site, I've lost just in the last year, about 100Lbs, but I've lost 200+ all together, at one point I was close to 400 lbs, but because of my height, it was distributed evenly...lol. I have roughly 5-10 lbs to go for my goal weight. Couldn't do it with out my friends, family and people on here!
    :flowerforyou:
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I have about another 50 lbs to go; I've already lost 25. My biggest trouble area is my tummy...go figure! Lol
    I am on my way to a 14 (i can get them on but can't quite button just yet) and my goal is to be in a universal 10 with a much smaller mid section :).
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", same weight in both pics.."before" pic was around 28% BF and "after" is around 18% body fat...

2qwz8yb.jpg
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    5'11" Started at 270 looking to hit 170-160! I was a size 24 and currently fit into most 16s with a goal of 12s! I'm curvy and what you would call an hour glass shape. I started as a 40D and have yet to lose a cup size but have gone down one strap size, now a (loose-ish) 38D. I'm 24, married, two gerbils, one betta fish, moving from CO to CA at the end of this month! haha!!
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Just looking for weight loss buddies out there who are as tall as I am. Hopefully some of you out there are on this journey with me to a healthy and better you. I got over a 100 to lose so I would like to see pics of those that have met their goal. It's only been 2 weeks for me n I'm just trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sashoi

Wow, 11 pounds in 2 weeks is FANTASTIC!

No I started on July first so that wasn't in 2 weeks took all of July to achieve that. But my goal is 8lbs a month.
  • Sashoi
    Options
    I'm 5'10, thank God for my height, I have always been over weight, thankfully I found MFP, I love this app/site, I've lost just in the last year, about 100Lbs, but I've lost 200+ all together, at one point I was close to 400 lbs, but because of my height, it was distributed evenly...lol. I have roughly 5-10 lbs to go for my goal weight. Couldn't do it with out my friends, family and people on here!
    :flowerforyou:

Wow that is amazing and you are definitley the motivation I need to keep moving. I have 115lbs total to lose n my birthday on Friday, I will try my best not to indulge to much.
  • Sashoi
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'9, looking to lose about (gahhhh) 60lbs.. I want to get there by February, so 10lbs a month. We can do it!!!
    Also- I'm new to this site. :)

We definitely can do it
  • evoke45
    evoke45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow tall ladies! I'm 5'8 and still looking to lose around 30 pounds to reach UGW. Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for more friends and encouragement! :)
  • 2BeFitAZ
    2BeFitAZ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I need to lose 30 lbs. I previously lost 100 and I still have more to lose, plus I find the weight is creeping back slowly.
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm 5'7" and am looking to lose about 50-60 lbs. I joined MFP several months ago but only got serious about it in the past two weeks. I'm finally learning that tracking is SO important! It makes me stop and think before I eat something that isn't a good choice. Now that doesn't mean I don't slip up every now and then, it just means I think before I leap (which usually makes me say no!).
    Feel free to add me!