What are your thoughts about the world today?

Options
Trueray
Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
The earth is big, has 7 billion people on this earth, do you think we are doing a good job?

Replies

• BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I like turtles.

Bt2iD.gif
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    No.

We're all a bunch of narcissistic, lazy, self-righteous turds.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I like turtles.

Bt2iD.gif

This made my whole life.
  • PepperWorm
    Options
    I like turtles.

Bt2iD.gif

toweetals*

At least that's totally what it sounds like he said.
    98777 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When people run in circles it's a very, very....mad world.
  • PepperWorm
    Options
    When people run in circles it's a very, very....mad world.

:love:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    the world is making incredible advancements in science and technology. there is less violence today than at any point in history. civil rights are improving. etc...

but all of it is going too slow.

if this post is really asking about the news that broke a few minutes ago...that news makes me sad.
  • awkwardly8
    awkwardly8 Posts: 10
    Options
    I like turtles.

Bt2iD.gif

I am a little bit more positive about the world, now
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Well, we are headed towards overpopulation within the next century unless there is some sort of catastrophic global event that reduces the population significantly.

I do think we've attained an unprecedented era of peace globally, even with things unstable in the Middle East. I believe that the internet has been a driving force in helping people understand that foreigners aren't evil and helping us to understand other cultures.

Technology hasn't progressed quite as far as I would have liked so far, but I have hopes for awesome things during my lifetime.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    a lot of data is showing the world population will plateau at about 10 billion in around the year 2100.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I think the world has always been crazy.

We're just finally catching up with it.
  • rosenatali
    Options
    LMAO :D:laugh:
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I hope Australia wins the Ashes, and Queensland the State of Origin.
  • MaepleT95
    MaepleT95 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The people in it are rather unthinking, like when they pull out in front of me when I've got the right of way-don't they realize I'm driving stick shift?
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Bump for later - got to got to an Aikido class!
  • JayVarys
    JayVarys Posts: 37
    Options
    I like turtles.

Bt2iD.gif

I was going to type my true opinion about todays world but decided to say:

I like turtles too!
  • RachelsMFP
    Options
    I feel like I had something insightful to say, but then I got distracted by the turtle.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    sadness, fear, despair....and hope.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    powerful advances in medicine offset by even greater powerful advances in more ways to kill more people more efficiently.

Poverty and starvation co-exist side by side with wastage and wealth, education and healthcare should be available for ALL.

But, at least there are more good people than bad.

Oh...and all corporations are evil.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    In a word..... .. No, I don't think we are doing great.

Yes, we have great advances in technology, on average we are living longer and in the main we have better standards of living. But at what price?????

Pollution is everywhere now, be it oil spills, or discarded plastic bags and bottles. It kills the natural wildlife in ever increasing numbers so as a race, we are having to increase our technology to clean it up efficiently. Natural habitats are being eroded to fuel the demands of mankind.

And what is the result????

We can do so much more, so much faster. Information is everywhere and is regarded a good thing - the mobile phone really has become The Hitch-Hikers Guide To The Galaxy (guess I am showing my age there!), we have machines that go bing to tell us to do things, and with this faster paced world we still don't have enough time to spend with the wife and kids. Everything has to happen NOW! Great swathes of countryside have been buried under Tarmac and concrete. And this is progress?? Personally, since getting a dog and taking walks in the country to exercise him, I long for a time when we don't have emails binging out of every device, being on demand 24 hours a day via a mobile phone, having to drive at stupid speds to get to where I need to be, and not doing it because of the incessant traffic.

Take me back to a time without all this hassle so I can actually enjoy living without the ratrace and excess baggage that goes with it. There will always be the rich and the poor - and always will be and there will always be different issues to deal with in the world back then. Pick your own era but on the whole I think people had a far simpler and better quality of life without the modern technology and 'progress'.