What are your thoughts about the world today?

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Hell in a handbasket.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Hell in a handbasket.

hands you some lemons, so we can have lemonade

:wink:
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    No. We can definitely do better. (my simple answer) I don't want to get into specifics and offend anyone so I shall just keep my mouth shut. :smile:
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Lemonade is right. Complaining does not good
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    No. We can definitely do better. (my simple answer) I don't want to get into specifics and offend anyone so I shall just keep my mouth shut. :smile:

it wouldn't be a proper Sunday dinner if someone didn't stir the pot.
  • Mlmr310
    Mlmr310 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think we are a slave to the Media. I believe that the Media dictates how most people feel, how they view things and how they react. It's ridiculous. We will self destruct because of the Media...
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Actually, everything is fine.

As the population expands, new technologies will emerge allowing innovation in farming beyond what we can even imagine now. The idea that were crowding the earth is ludicrous. There is so much space available for people to live on that it's ridiculous. And, the food supply will be fine. It is not finite.

The main innovation is going to have to be eliminating imaginary boundaries that we have created. As humans, we will have to begin coming together, like the Beatles suggested years ago. We already have. We are very tightly tied by economics with several countries, and while some see this as negative, I am optimistic that it's a start of good things in the future. We HAVE to work things out with these countries now. We can no longer villinize them. They are part of our fabric now. As this continues to develop, and the old school people die, and the new school people will have more optimistic views about creating partnerships with other countries which could lead to melding together. Ultimately, this could lead to less or no war. Less or no hate toward other systems and beliefs and more understanding. It could be several powerful countries helping to rid of war by joining forces and not allowing the atrocities that occur today.

The fake boundaries humans have created with brute force is a major component that keep the human race from progressing more than it has, IMO.

Whilst I admire your optimism, I cannot share it. As long as there is religion, there will be war, and that is not a poke at religion. Religion is the single greatest cause of war and tension in the whole of history. Humans are just too cmpetative and dominating to live in perfect harmony, so even without the religios angle I cannot see your utopia.

Its a short life and I would like to enjoy it without the social pressures that we have engineered for ourselves - but being realistic there is a fat chance of that! As a race we are just too materialistic and must have the best we can get as fast as we can get it! Not a great quality!
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I feel like I had something insightful to say, but then I got distracted by the turtle.

Me too!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Two things; there are too many humans on the planet, and we cannot seem to control our birth rate. This is so important to me ( zero population growth) that it's one of the reasons I chose not to have children.
    And the other thing; global internet is one of our best achievements and possibly our worst curse, as well.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Only that eventually it's going to get better and I hope I'm around to see it.;)
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    The earth is big, has 7 billion people on this earth, do you think we are doing a good job?

Ha ha :laugh: "it's big" was what I was going to say too before I even opened the thread! :laugh:
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Nope! It's a bl**dy mess
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    - Too much blame, not enough responsibility.
    - Medieval attitudes toward big issues(hey Texas) are appalling.
    - The media is bollocks.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Hell in a handbasket.

I knew her. But then she was known as Helen A. Handbasket.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Lemonade is right. Complaining does not good

Neither does remaining silent.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Nope. People are d!cks
  • umieto
    umieto Posts: 46
    Options
    I like turtles.

Bt2iD.gif
    QFT
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The world is cruel! And the justice system is not fair :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: