Picking on Pop-tarts - Dirty Food?

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I make Heart Attack Brownies - a triple chocolate fudge brownie mix (with over 1.5lbs of lindt chocolate in the batter) marbled 50/50 with a cheesecake batter and baked. I've never worked out the calories, but I was on Weight Watchers at the time and the batch came in at around 350 propoints. That was 10 days food for me at the time.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    A tub of Ben and Jerry's
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Take one mars bar, cover it in batter, and deep fry till the batter is crisp and golden and the inside is melted. Then eat. This is apparently the national dish of Scotland.

no, you're thinking of HAGGIS! Or a Scotch Egg...mmm...scotch egg..followed by a deep fried Mars Bar, which, according to legend, did indeed originate in Scotland. There's a reason the Scottish aren't known for their great health..haha.

Oh, now you have ruined me on the State Fair of Texas - I thought all deep fried anything came from the State Fair of Texas... which I enjoy my utlimate dirty food - the super deep fried Corn Dog!
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Did I here mention of Pop Tarts??? In for the Pop Tarts....

DE11813_zps3002efc8.jpg

Red velvet for me please!:drinker:

Why haven't I heard of any of these flavours here in Canada?!?!

I have yet to see Red Velvet, but I saw a coupon for peanut butter ones and had to buy them for the kids and hubby. My husband loves Reese's cereal also. That crap leaves a fat residue on the top of your mouth when you eat it.

Talking about cereal, what about Lucky Charms? My sons' school had that on the breakfast menu- seriously. There are a hundred other options, Cheerios, Kix, even Frosted Flakes that would be healthier than candy cereal. They also had doughnuts and you guessed it- Pop-tarts.

I totally relate with the poster who has an aunt throwing sugar into everything, I hated chili growing up b/c my mom made it sweet. She could also take about anything including veggies and bread it and fry it.. I also remember lots of frozen burritos, Hamburger Helper, and lots of excellent homemade candy. Basically I started out a skinny child and ballooned up, is there any wonder?

I try to stress to my sons those Pop-tarts are treats, in no way are they to be considered an actual food, they are like dessert. They also beg me for Lunchables, I have tried making them read the nutrition label, but they don't care, all the other kids pack them.

I had to break my husband's Little Debbie obsession when we first got married. We were grocery shopping just last week and there was a huge center display of various dirty things and I told him to get his eyes off those honey buns and he was like how did you know what I was looking at!? After 13 years he still looks at Little Debbie- the cheater.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options

DE11813_zps3002efc8.jpg
    My kids didn't like the peanut butter ones (I didn't try one) but I love the s'mores flavor...I don't consider them dirty, but they have too much sugar for me--I'd rather get my sugar from fruit.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

DE11813_zps3002efc8.jpg
    My kids didn't like the peanut butter ones (I didn't try one) but I love the s'mores flavor...I don't consider them dirty, but they have too much sugar for me--I'd rather get my sugar from fruit.

Tried the smores one for the first time last night - YUM!
  • rachseby
    Options
    Anything Little Debbie makes.

This was exactly what I was thinking. Especially those strawberry cream rolls or whatever the heck they're called. Yum.
    Swiss cake rolls are my downfall..
  • rachseby
    Options
    [/quote]
    They're especially good toasted :smile:
  • Alatariel75
    Options

I put them in my turbo convection oven (my toaster SUCKS) and they were heaven in a box :happy:
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options

I put them in my turbo convection oven (my toaster SUCKS) and they were heaven in a box :happy:

Those brownies you mentioned sound like heaven from a baking pan!
  • Peacesong464
    Options
    Nacho cheese Doritos.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Nacho cheese Doritos.

OMG nacho cheese dorito tacos from Taco Bell.
  • toyota
    toyota Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    pop-tarts or movie theater popcorn. My husband and I got a bucket of that popcorn from the movie theater 2 days in a row, and I gained back 2 lbs. on count of it.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    The dirtiest food I can think of is Twinkies - they have enough artificial preservatives to survive a nuclear holocaust.

I had a stale twinkie once. I didn't believe it was possible either. Stale twinkies =/=not very good.

I ate it anyway. IT WAS A TWINKIE! :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My favorite "dirty" food is hot dogs and American cheese wrapped in Pillsbury crescent rolls.

But a close second would be my best friend's post-divorce comfort snack: potato chips dipped in brownie batter.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely cheap hot dogs. Highly processed, crappy nutrient profile (macro and micro), made from poor-quality ingredients, loaded with sodium and nitrates.

But awfully yummy.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options

DE11813_zps3002efc8.jpg

^^This! We are getting shafted up here :tongue:
  • victoriasnow
    victoriasnow Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Love poptarts... I buy them in bulk. Sorrynotsorry.
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options

DE11813_zps3002efc8.jpg

This.

It's really just not fair. I'd at least like to see the red velvet ones here. The newest I've seen are chocolate chip cookie dough and cookies and cream.

I get so sick of seeing all the awesome flavours of things the US has but we don't, makes me dislike my country just a weeeeeeeeee bit.

Why can't we just have them all?!