Picking on Pop-tarts - Dirty Food?

Options

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Mainers love the Canadian delicacy poutine. Platter of french fries covered in brown gravy smothered in shredded cheese, some go as far as adding bacon and other toppings.
    It's an oxymoron meal, cheese to bind ya, grease to explode ya.

Shredded cheese on a poutine.......SHREDDED!!!!!!! Only cheese curd should be on poutine.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts do nothing for me at all. Donuts? Oh yeah, and I can eat a whole package and want more. Hot dogs? I love them. With Hormel Chili without beans on them. And doughy white hotdog buns. And for desert, if I have eaten all of the donuts (some of them heated in the micro so their hot and greasy), Reeses Peanut Butter cereal. Can't even get near that *kitten*.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    My rule of thumb: it has to taste like food to be eaten, not like chemicals. If it tastes like chemicals (a distinct plastic undertone) then away it goes.

Some poptarts have that flavor for me, though not all. Some cereals too (Captain Crunch, anyone?). The big science experiments are definitely Li'l Debbies, Hostess, (non)Fruit Rollups, fake fruit pies, Keebler cookies.

I don't mind food with sugar and fats that taste like sugar and fats. But things that taste like a high school chemistry lab have stayed off my list of consumables for years now.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    You guys are making me so hungry. Dirtiest food I've ever had: the fried oreos and fried twinkies on Fremont Street here in Las Vegas. Oh dear god. Nothing healthy about those bad boys, but LORD they were delicious.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Fake-st tasting food I've ever had? American "cheese" and "fruit" snacks. Favorite fake food? Zingers.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Crepes.
    Crepes with banana.
    Crepes with banana and Nutella.
    Crepes with banana and Nutella and chocolate sauce.
    Crepes with banana and Nutella and chocolate sauce covered with fluffy whipped cream!

Yup, that's what's for supper tonight! :love:
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Cheap hot dogs... I'm talking the ones with polka dots on the packaging that might have been vegan-friendly minus a few unpronouncables. Followed up by margarine.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I made a pan of fudge chocolate chunk and walnut brownies the other day. We ate the whole pan with chocolate icecream, cool whip and smarties on top! :love:

I also shamelessly eat hotdogs, Grillums cheese sausages, deli meat, processed snacks like special k chips or the 100 cal snack packs. I am not afraid of any foods but there are something I don't like, and some that trigger binges so I am careful. I eat about 70% clean and allow treats or I would go nuts and binge on junk like I did in the past.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    little-debbie-oatmeal-creme-24664.jpg
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me it's hershey's nutrageous..... and I'm British...... curse you Americans... but thanks to this thread I just found 20 more things that I soooooo need to eat!!! :laugh:
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    A big pile of golden brown french fries coated in bright yellow liquid cheese from a can and topped with a mound of greasy Greek sauce. Maybe toss on a sprinkling of onions to boost my vegetable intake. :blushing:
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Fried dough!

fbe6f767-cb18-41e5-8292-ebe172bfae15_zps23457473.jpg

Never had it - even for the pre-weight loss me it was too much.

Actually, now that I'm in shape, next time I go to the county fair, I may try me some as long as I can fit it into my day (or, more likely, week...)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    little-debbie-oatmeal-creme-24664.jpg

Oh, those too! :heart:
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Toms-BCF.jpg
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Favorite fake food? Zingers.

Mmmmm. Zingers. I love Zingers. For 25 years I lived in a cultural wasteland (NJ) where you couldn't find the anywhere. I remember searching every grocery and convenience store I could find in the first few months when I moved from Ohio. My sister once mailed me a bunch of them in a Tampax box for my birthday.

We moved to the Midwest 10 years ago and it was nice to enjoy them as an occasional indulgence (usually on a day with a very long bike ride, and once after a sprint triathlon). I wish they'd sell the rights to some company so they'd be available again.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I should run away from this thread as fast as possible.

On-topic: Little Debbie's Swiss Cake Rolls. OHGOD THE CRAVINGS

ho-ho.jpg

I have sat and ate boxes of these.
    I want to try this now. -v-
    exps29756_HC58313D199.jpg
  • JayVarys
    JayVarys Posts: 37
    Options

I would eat a Pop-tart over one of those any day- preferably the unfrosted strawberry kind, lightly toasted with the doughy corners picked off.

So funny, Once I reach my goal weight pop-tarts is one of the food I plan on eating on my cheat days. Never thought to put some ice-cream inbetween them turning it into a ice-cream pop tart. MMMmMMm.

My favorite pop-tart, S'more's!!!
  • kate1103
    kate1103 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cosmic Brownies used to be one of my favorites in high school!-I think they're Little Debbies, they have those colored chocolate chips on them. YUMM!!
    I also love nachos with that fake liquidy cheese-I get them at baseball games or at taco bell. I'm not a huge fan of real cheese (unless I'm really in the mood), but I LOVE the fake stuff!!
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Imitation or "enhanced" foods freak me out. Like the "sort of chicken" at McDonald's or "cheese product" or "wheat-flavored tortillas" or "chocolate drink."

They freak me out.

The next would be, like someone else, packaged cake type stuff. I don't know what they put in packages Rice Krispie treats, but they taste like...fake. As do Little Debbie/Hostess EVERYTHING.

I really want some homemade Rice Krispie treats now.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    red velvet anything

*insert gif of minion desperately trying to get jelly off of tongue*