Coffee/Tea drinkers and teeth staining?

Options
124»

Replies

• BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I started using an electric toothbrush and have not had problems with stains from tea since. Specifically, I got the Oral B Pro 1000 with whitening heads.

I've only used an electronic tooth brush for a few weeks. I found it didn't get into the corners like the manual way does. Saying that, it was actually an enjoyable experience while it lasted.

Plus some of them, don't have uneven bristles or a tongue scraper, on the reverse side.

Ya. If anything I'll use it alongside an actual toothbrush. I like the arm workout I get from applying force anyway.

I love manual labor, when/if I am able to, I even try to beat my apartment complex's snow removal team, to the job; when it snows & shovel my own porch/sidewalk.

Damn, you weren't kidding. They don't make em' like you anymore. You could always up your training workload too. I do this simply because I have an abundance of energy that needs release daily.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I started using an electric toothbrush and have not had problems with stains from tea since. Specifically, I got the Oral B Pro 1000 with whitening heads.

I've only used an electronic tooth brush for a few weeks. I found it didn't get into the corners like the manual way does. Saying that, it was actually an enjoyable experience while it lasted.

Plus some of them, don't have uneven bristles or a tongue scraper, on the reverse side.

Ya. If anything I'll use it alongside an actual toothbrush. I like the arm workout I get from applying force anyway.

I love manual labor, when/if I am able to, I even try to beat my apartment complex's snow removal team, to the job; when it snows & shovel my own porch/sidewalk.

Damn, you weren't kidding. They don't make em' like you anymore. You could always up your training workload too. I do this simply because I have an abundance of energy that needs release daily.

Well my disability is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), so unlike you I actually don't have much energy regularly but that makes me appreciate more, what it takes; to get a job done & thus when/if I do have enough, I don't let it; go to waste.
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

Well my disability is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), so unlike you I actually don't have much energy regularly but that makes me appreciate more, what it takes; to get a job done & thus when/if I do have enough, I don't let it; go to waste.

How long have you had that?
  • amymurray12282
    amymurray12282 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My dentist recommended that I brush once a week with baking soda. It makes a very notable difference. I wouldn't do it more than 1-2 times a week, depending on how strong your teeth are (mine are fairly weak/sensitive, thus just doing it once a week). It doesn't taste very pleasant, but it does a really good job at lifting stains. I usually follow up with a quick brush with toothpaste just to remove the baking soda flavor.
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options
    My dentist recommended that I brush once a week with baking soda. It makes a very notable difference. I wouldn't do it more than 1-2 times a week, depending on how strong your teeth are (mine are fairly weak/sensitive, thus just doing it once a week). It doesn't taste very pleasant, but it does a really good job at lifting stains. I usually follow up with a quick brush with toothpaste just to remove the baking soda flavor.

I'll look into the science behind that. Sounds interesting.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options

Since I was 14 years old & I am 36 currently, I had a sever flu; that lasted 10 days & even hospitalized me, so basically; it weakened me permanently.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    This thread has motivated me to cut down on my tea/coffee consumption. I currently have one coffee in the morning and two teas in the afternoon, but I think, with a little focus, I could get this down to none. I constantly have to bleach my sink and I blame my husband's tea bags for it, (she says saintly). It's probably doing the same to my teeth.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Actually Arm & Hammer, makes an all in 1 baking soda toothpaste; it's disgusting!
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

Since I was 14 years old & I am 36 currently, I had a sever flu; that lasted 10 days & even hospitalized me, so basically it weakened me permanently.

Oh man, that's rough. Does it come and go this fatigue or has it been consistent for the last 22 years? Also, did you ever find out what caused the server flu?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I swear by charcoal tooth paste for keeping the tea stains off my teeth.
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

Actually Arm & Hammer, makes an all in 1 baking soda toothpaste; it's disgusting!

Lol, I'm not surprised. The two do not mix.
  • KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Alternate coffee and water:

Drink sip of coffee and then drink a sip of water

This will dilute the coffee stains AND replenish your water supply. Coffee is diuretic..........
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options

Since I was 14 years old & I am 36 currently, I had a sever flu; that lasted 10 days & even hospitalized me, so basically it weakened me permanently.

Oh man, that's rough. Does it come and go this fatigue or has it been consistent for the last 22 years? Also, did you ever find out what caused the server flu?

I went into a remission, once when I was 21, for 8 months & a few times later, for approximately 2 months; in my 20's & early 30's but currently I am only well enough, to do anything nearly normally; about 25% ~ 1/3 of the time & unfortunately I am unable to predict with enough accuracy, when I'm well enough; so of course I am receiving disability.

It's believed that because the influenza vaccination, that I received wasn't for the correct strain that year; that my body was only prepared to fight against that strain & thus left me vulnerable, to the impact of the strain; that I had.
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

I went into a remission, once when I was 21, for 8 months & a few times later, for approximately 2 months; in my 20's & early 30's but currently I am only well enough, to do anything nearly normally; about 25% ~ 1/3 of the time & unfortunately I am unable to predict with enough accuracy, when I'm well enough; so of course I am receiving disability.

It's believed that because the influenza vaccination, that I received wasn't for the correct strain that year; that my body was only prepared to fight against that strain & thus left me vulnerable, to the impact of the strain; that I had.

So due to the negligence of whom sanctioned the shot you're going through all of this drama? That's hard to stomach. Well it's great you're not letting your predicament hold you back. That's admirable indeed.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options

So due to the negligence of whom sanctioned the shot you're going through all of this drama? That's hard to stomach. Well it's great you're not letting your predicament hold you back. That's admirable indeed.

Thank you! Choosing which strain to create the vaccination for, is just an educated guess because there's no possibility to know, what strain it'll be; until it happens. However I believe that they should cease use of the vaccination, when it becomes known; that it isn't for the correct strain & unless someone is already severely ill, I don't believe that they should choose to receive it; unless they're sure that it's for the correct strain. Obviously since I am unemployable, single, etc., it's holding me back but I do what when/if I'm able to do. However on the plus side, I haven't had the flu since; I might of built an immunity to current strains & I haven't been vaccinated for it since either.