Coffee/Tea drinkers and teeth staining?

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Christine, I've accepted I'm never going to have movie star white teeth. Between coffee, tea, red wine, blueberries, cherries, etc etc. I do try to swish with water while eating/drinking these sorts of things. I have had minor success using Crest Diamond White toothpaste. Otherwise, I figure if I ever become SO perfect that teeth stained by yumminess is my biggest worry, I'll figure it out then :lol:

Ha very true :blush:

At this stage I'm willing to try just about anything to extend the time between dentist visits.

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Lol he's the 1, whom made it dirty!

No ideas what you're talking about. You're the one talking about strong straws..

You're taking it out of context lol!

You even added an exclamation mark to your previous statement about strength and you have the cheek to say I'm the dirty one.. Behave yourself :sunglasses:

That's just my MO, I am notorious for my excessive/inappropriate use of exclamation points, commas, semicolons & run on sentences!

Lol, I've taken note of that.

I've always been exceptionally unique, to the point of annoyance; at 1st it was all natural but then I began to like it & thus increased my abnormalities, by choice!

Unique in which way exactly?

It began as holiday food preference. I dislike turkey, unless it's lunch meat; so I eat chicken for Thanksgiving. The same with ham, for Christmas; so I eat filet mignon instead. Easter's meatloaf & I dislike birthday cake, so I have tiramisu instead. I don't care for plain vanilla ice cream, can't stomach chocolate ice cream or even the vanilla, chocolate & strawberry combination, so I have Turkey Hill's Double Dunker. I'd also insist on having broccoli with cheese, during holiday meals; much to my Grandmother's anger because it isn't a traditional, holiday food.

I would've called you a special snowflake, however due to your non human trait of disliking birthday cake I'm undecided on what to call you.

That figures, story of my life!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    Christine, I've accepted I'm never going to have movie star white teeth. Between coffee, tea, red wine, blueberries, cherries, etc etc. I do try to swish with water while eating/drinking these sorts of things. I have had minor success using Crest Diamond White toothpaste. Otherwise, I figure if I ever become SO perfect that teeth stained by yumminess is my biggest worry, I'll figure it out then :lol:

At this stage I'm willing to try just about anything to extend the time between dentist visits.

How about having them, all removed?
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I know a few people who use a straw. I find it too weird, but it seems effective.

I began using a straw, to drink hot coffee because otherwise, I'd burn my mouth; from being impatient & as I became use to it, it became a preference.

In all seriousness If ever i decide to use a straw for a hot beverage I find it has the opposite effect for me. Because it's concentrated from one spot it turns out hotter. I just stick to blowing it before taking a gulp. There's no rush to down it
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

No ideas what you're talking about. You're the one talking about strong straws..

You even added an exclamation mark to your previous statement about strength and you have the cheek to say I'm the dirty one.. Behave yourself :sunglasses:

That's just my MO, I am notorious for my excessive/inappropriate use of exclamation points, commas, semicolons & run on sentences!

I've always been exceptionally unique, to the point of annoyance; at 1st it was all natural but then I began to like it & thus increased my abnormalities, by choice!

It began as holiday food preference. I dislike turkey, unless it's lunch meat; so I eat chicken for Thanksgiving. The same with ham, for Christmas; so I eat filet mignon instead. Easter's meatloaf & I dislike birthday cake, so I have tiramisu instead. I don't care for plain vanilla ice cream, can't stomach chocolate ice cream or even the vanilla, chocolate & strawberry combination, so I have Turkey Hill's Double Dunker. I'd also insist on having broccoli with cheese, during holiday meals; much to my Grandmother's anger because it isn't a traditional, holiday food.

I would've called you a special snowflake, however due to your non human trait of disliking birthday cake I'm undecided on what to call you.

Are you allergic to cake or what? Elaborate.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

That's what I'm trying desperately to avoid. I'm too young for dentures. If i could afford those $7000 for each tooth screw in's I wouldn't be so anal about it oral hygeine.

Oh good Lord, I can't wait too see what y'all are going to do with my last sentence :open_mouth:

• DeficitDuchess
    Options
    I know a few people who use a straw. I find it too weird, but it seems effective.

I began using a straw, to drink hot coffee because otherwise, I'd burn my mouth; from being impatient & as I became use to it, it became a preference.

In all seriousness If ever i decide to use a straw for a hot beverage I find it has the opposite effect for me. Because it's concentrated from one spot it turns out hotter. I just stick to blowing it before taking a gulp. There's no rush to down it

That's true but it touching, a small portion of just my tongue & not more sensitive areas, makes the straw use; more manageable. I usually don't drink something, unless I am thirsty. I've always been, more of an eater & a desperate only drinker.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Are you allergic to cake or what? Elaborate.

No I just don't care for, the cake's taste & texture.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options

That's what I'm trying desperately to avoid. I'm too young for dentures. If i could afford those $7000 for each tooth screw in's I wouldn't be so anal about it oral hygeine.

Oh good Lord, I can't wait too see what y'all are going to do with my last sentence :open_mouth:

Okay I'll bite, that's actually; my area of preference & I agree about the tooth option!
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

That's true but it touching, a small portion of just my tongue & not more sensitive areas, makes the straw use; more manageable. I usually don't drink something, unless I am thirsty. I've always been, more of an eater & a desperate only drinker.

I think many of us can relate to this.
  • BodyzLanguage
    edited August 2016
    Options

From zero to 100 real quick huh?

@FridayApril01st2016 Are you talking about strong straws again?
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

I think many of us can relate to this.

Sigh so much for me, being abnormal!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Yeah that's my intake!
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

Yeah that's my intake!

I guessed it was. Thank you for your honesty. You can be a special snowflake now :blush:
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Yeah that's my intake!

I guessed it was. Thank you for your honesty. You can be a special snowflake now :blush:

You're welcome & thank you! :p
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I started using an electric toothbrush and have not had problems with stains from tea since. Specifically, I got the Oral B Pro 1000 with whitening heads.
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options
    I started using an electric toothbrush and have not had problems with stains from tea since. Specifically, I got the Oral B Pro 1000 with whitening heads.

I've only used an electronic tooth brush for a few weeks. I found it didn't get into the corners like the manual way does. Saying that, it was actually an enjoyable experience while it lasted.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

I've only used an electronic tooth brush for a few weeks. I found it didn't get into the corners like the manual way does. Saying that, it was actually an enjoyable experience while it lasted.

Plus some of them, don't have uneven bristles or a tongue scraper, on the reverse side.
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

Plus some of them, don't have uneven bristles or a tongue scraper, on the reverse side.

Ya. If anything I'll use it alongside an actual toothbrush. I like the arm workout I get from applying force anyway.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options

Ya. If anything I'll use it alongside an actual toothbrush. I like the arm workout I get from applying force anyway.

I love manual labor, when/if I am able to, I even try to beat my apartment complex's snow removal team, to the job; when it snows & shovel my own porch/sidewalk.