whats your favorite mens cologen

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Hai Karate

ftmfw
  • Motorsheen
    i usually wear acqua di gio but i want something new I just picked up a bottle of Sauvage and invictus and so far not loving either one.

Really?

I kinda like Sauvage....

*shrug
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    Acqua di gio just takes me back too far. I don't like the scent memory of my HS days.

Armani code is :heart: too

Yes I love Armani Code :blush:

When I worked at Dillard's I was showing it to this lady who was basically salivating at the smell. She said her husband refused to wear cologne so I jokingly said "buy it for the pool boy" so she said "ohhhhh I do have a yard man"and bought it right then lmao.

Cool water does bring back that time too.. And sunflowers! Remember that?

Gross Sunflowers! I wore CK one, now I can't stand the smell. And all the girls wore that Bath and Body Works spray. Cucumber Melon scented anything now makes me want to hurl! Oh the 90's!

My mom wouldn't let me wear scented ish. She was crazy. Thank god that back in the day Pantene had the strongest scent ever lol. My favorite favorite perfume now is Viva La Juicy and Chanel Chance :blush:
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    I started investigating fragrances some years ago when I tried to figure out what cologne I owned in the 70s that had cedar and lime notes. Never found it, but learned a lot in the process. My recommendation is read reviews, try samples, go to department stores and try what's there, and figure out what you like. Good sites for reading about fragrances are fragrantica.com and basenotes.com; for decants (samples), surrendertochance.com, luckyscents.com and theperfumedcourt.com. There are indie perfumers as well as more mainstream perfumers.

My favorite warm weather scents include: Guerlain Vetiver, Creed Baie de Genievre, L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe, Tauer L'air du Desert Marocain, Comme des Garcons Laurel, Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel. For colder weather, Guerlain Derby, Creed Orange Spice, Creed Bois du Portugal, Knize Ten, several Serge Lutens export fragrances. But these are just my personal favorites after going through literally hundreds of samples over a period of years, yours will probably end up different (I tend to favor older "classic" scents). Some of the above are affordable (Grey Flannel can be found for $10 a bottle), some are obscenely expensive (I've seen Guerlain Derby listed for over $300).

Good houses I'd suggest for more adventurous younger guys are Comme des Garcons, slumberhouse, some of the Creeds (like Green Irish Tweed). I like quite a few of the Serge Lutens offerings, you might check those too. You can find a lot of these at higher-end department stores -- as well as purchasing decants from the above mentioned sites.
  • Motorsheen
    vingogly wrote: »
    I started investigating fragrances some years ago when I tried to figure out what cologne I owned in the 70s that had cedar and lime notes. Never found it, but learned a lot in the process. My recommendation is read reviews, try samples, go to department stores and try what's there, and figure out what you like. Good sites for reading about fragrances are fragrantica.com and basenotes.com; for decants (samples), surrendertochance.com, luckyscents.com and theperfumedcourt.com. There are indie perfumers as well as more mainstream perfumers.

My favorite warm weather scents include: Guerlain Vetiver, Creed Baie de Genievre, L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe, Tauer L'air du Desert Marocain, Comme des Garcons Laurel, Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel. For colder weather, Guerlain Derby, Creed Orange Spice, Creed Bois du Portugal, Knize Ten, several Serge Lutens export fragrances. But these are just my personal favorites after going through literally hundreds of samples over a period of years, yours will probably end up different (I tend to favor older "classic" scents). Some of the above are affordable (Grey Flannel can be found for $10 a bottle), some are obscenely expensive (I've seen Guerlain Derby listed for over $300).

Good houses I'd suggest for more adventurous younger guys are Comme des Garcons, slumberhouse, some of the Creeds (like Green Irish Tweed). I like quite a few of the Serge Lutens offerings, you might check those too. You can find a lot of these at higher-end department stores -- as well as purchasing decants from the above mentioned sites.

Wait.

Over $300 a bottle ??

Get this,

When in college, I was flat azz broke and I would just wear Coppertone suntan lotion.

It was cheap and smelled like the beach and Summer vacation.

Chicks would dig it because it brought back good memories.
    I mean seriously, who doesn't like the beach when you're 19 years old?

... did I mention that it was cheap?
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Wait.

Over $300 a bottle ??

Get this,

When in college, I was flat azz broke and I would just wear Coppertone suntan lotion.

I'm a fan of clean laundry smell. Gain Apple Mango Tango is amazing smelling.
  • Motorsheen
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Wait.

Over $300 a bottle ??

Get this,

I'm a fan of clean laundry smell. Gain Apple Mango Tango is amazing smelling.

guess what I just put on my grocery list?

I'll be slapping a lil' Gain on my wrists tomorrow morning.....
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Obsession for men. Yum.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    One of my former supervisors used to wear something with "Fahrenheit " in it, this was like 15 years ago. I had to restrain myself from climbing him like a tree everytime he walked past me. *_* Mm-Mm.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    "One Man Show; " First tried it while traveling in Eastern Europe in 1997, and have worn it off and on since.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    The best smell when it comes to men is that moment right after they come out of the shower; aftershave, shampoo, soap....MANLY MAN.....no cologne needed!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    My husband has always worn Jovan Musk It is probably the only scent that I recognize LOL
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Currently alternating between Polo Red Intense and John Varvatos Vintage. I keep Polo Black in my gym bag for after the post-workout shower.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    One of my former supervisors used to wear something with "Fahrenheit " in it, this was like 15 years ago. I had to restrain myself from climbing him like a tree everytime he walked past me. *_* Mm-Mm.

That one had pheromones in it!!
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member

That one had pheromones in it!!

This makes sense now lol! :D