What's for dinner

Options
A co-worker and myself always ask around the 3-4 pm lull..... "What's for dinner?". It has actually made us stop and think of something good to whip up, rather than running thru the drive thru on the way home. It also gives us good ideas when we can't think of anything new to make.....

So, I'd like to take the opportunity and ask all of you....

:) "What's for dinner?"

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Roasting a chicken on the Traeger, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and a salad.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Actually kind of splurging tonight! I'm making patty melts on sourdough (id rather have them on rye but we already had sourdough from BLTs this weekend).
  • pspenny36
    pspenny36 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    tryett wrote: »
    Chicken Dijonaise with French bread.

Yum! That sounds awesome!
  • pspenny36
    Options
    Boiled eggs, zucchini soup, and maybe 2% greek yogurt w. stevia. Not very sexy....

Almost like a mini buffet!
  • Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with ground beef and cheese
  • jvtchong
    jvtchong Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Smoky Tilapia Tortillas
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I had yummy salsa Verde chicken with tortilla chips and broccoli last night! Tonight we are having pork chops with potatoes and green beans.
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Tonight it's pasta shells (spinach, wheat and plain mixed), lots of grilled veggies in 1 tbsp olive oil mixed in (carrots, spinach, tomatoes, onion, mushroom), an Aidell's chicken italian sausage, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar and some spices.
  • pspenny36
    Options
    I think I'm gonna steal some of these ideas! Thanks for playing!
  • pspenny36
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Tonight was ...

Half a loaf of garlic bread
    Half a large side salad
    A large bowl of tortellini with pesto sauce
    Half a tasting tray with a raspberry mousse, chocolate mousse and tiramisu

It was my husband and my anniversary ... we went out for dinner. :)

yummy and romantic! Happy Anniversary!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    I'm fighting high cholesterol, so I'm always trying to exceed my fiber goal so I always have a pot of beans & greens cooked. My versions use black beans & kale, kidney beans & spinach or whatever I have. I also Cook up Costco turkey burger & salmon burger patties & have them ready.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Last night was southern boneless ribs on the grill, roasted butternut squash and steamed green beans.
    Tonight is chicken cordon bleu , baked sweet potato and sautéed summer squash.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I am going to make chili (with chipotle pepper, pinto beans, sweet potatoes, and brussels sprouts) and an apple and peanut butter smoothie.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Tonight is taco salad, finished the leftover chicken Dijonaise last night ( and it was very good).