Car Question

Replies

• JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    move to maryland buy a subaru, join the MDSubaruClub and come to some meets :)
  • slimriptide
    slimriptide Posts: 328 Member
    How about a totally electric car?
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Villae81 wrote: »
    I think a tesla gets 270 in one charge

really? i thought they got way more, i get like 300 on one tank on my BRZ
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    How about a totally electric car?

what's out there other than a Te$La ?

plus..... charging one?

I can't even keep my phone charged... I can just see bonking on the freeway at 5PM.
  • Motorsheen
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    Only the Prius, Civic Hybrid and Insight qualify for that plate in AZ. Tesla would be the only one I'd drive. And I would never get full-range out of it because I'd be launching it in Insane Mode every chance I got.

Thanks, that is very good to know. The Tesla is nails.
    Love'em... I'm just not going to drop that kind of coin on a sled so I can bump around town and sell chit.

and yeah, Insane Mode is well... insane

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I love priuses (what's the plural of prius? Prii?) But I also like spending no more than $20 a month on gas.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Or... get a Hummer and just take over the diamond lane and use every Prius you came across as a practice mogul course. You would help get the, ahem, lose-your-man-card-cars off the road and reduce the smug (not to be confused with smog) in the city.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    The Volt was a much better driving car IMHO. And should still get you diamond lane privileges. They have been quite reasonably priced in the used market.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    BMW i3...BMW salesman told me they are giving some crazy incentives with the purchase right now. I see them more than Prius here.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    BMW i3...BMW salesman told me they are giving some crazy incentives with the purchase right now. I see them more than Prius here.

BMWs...haha
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm looking at a new job that requires a bit of city driving and I'm thinking about buying a Toyota Prius.

Question: If I buy the Prius, will I need to take testosterone supplements?

..... also, does anyone (outside of Southern California) really care what anyone else drives?

Is their personal vehicle a reflection of their persona, or is it just, you know... a car?

Discuss; please & thank you.

The answer is yes. I respect myself so no I am not driving a Prius or a smart car...

Driving home from work today I saw a Prius that had a sticker that read.. "Cool Prius.... said no one ever"
  • Tsartele
    edited August 2016
    Don't buy a prius if you're worried about your man status or you'll regret it everytime you get in it and cutaway if that's not a humble brag I dunno what is lol
    Nope. I had a brief temptation where I saw an opportunity to get a car which will fit in with my neighborhood because our car situation made us feel like our neighbours may not socialize with us and our future kids... But my mind was set right and we settled down for a honda.

Any time I see these comments on the Prius, it feels like something Mark Wahlberg or one of the entourage cast members would say. Millennials reject that sense of ostentatiousness. It's pretty much a vestige of the bygone baby boomer days. Today it's all about energy efficiency, uber sharing and driverless google cars.

Our neighbors will not socialize with us because of our car... How sad is that.. I'm glad I dont live in your neighborhood. I wouldn't give to fks

Millennials... Ha !! Spoiled, whinny, entitled, little bratz who have no idea who they are or where they come from. If there ever was a generation to be inspired by its definitely not them.

Who gives a ratz azz about energy efficiency or eco bs .. Give me a car that inspires me something that I can feel passionate about. I dont give a rip what anyone else thinks or feels about my car choice I dive it because I like it and the feeling it gives me.
  • TestNamePleaseIgnore
    TestNamePleaseIgnore Posts: 295 Member
    edited August 2016
    I heard every purchase of a Prius comes with a free pair of panties.

That's where I got mine.
  • Motorsheen
    Don't buy a prius if you're worried about your man status or you'll regret it everytime you get in it and cutaway if that's not a humble brag I dunno what is lol
    Nope. I had a brief temptation where I saw an opportunity to get a car which will fit in with my neighborhood because our car situation made us feel like our neighbours may not socialize with us and our future kids... But my mind was set right and we settled down for a honda.

Any time I see these comments on the Prius, it feels like something Mark Wahlberg or one of the entourage cast members would say. Millennials reject that sense of ostentatiousness. It's pretty much a vestige of the bygone baby boomer days. Today it's all about energy efficiency, uber sharing and driverless google cars.

OP needs to step into the future and leave the past behind.

step into the future?

leave the past behind?

sheesh, I just want to use the diamond lane

.... and no, I'm not going to wear one of those hipster beanies either.

• Motorsheen
    Tsartele wrote: »

Our neighbors will not socialize with us because of our car... How sad is that.. I'm glad I dont live in your neighborhood. I wouldn't give to fks

Millennials... Ha !! Spoiled, whinny, entitled, little bratz who have no idea who they are or where they come from. If there ever was a generation to be inspired by its definitely not them.

Who gives a ratz azz about energy efficiency or eco bs .. Give me a car that inspires me something that I can feel passionate about. I dont give a rip what anyone else thinks or feels about my car choice I dive it because I like it and the feeling it gives me.

Muscle Car?

Dang, I would love to drive an old Mustang or a late 60's Camaro.

Something that you don't see everyday.

Benz, Audi, Jag ........ Driving around this town, there's a lot of people spending a lot of money to look like everybody else.

• Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    I do not care what people drive. Super shallow. And I grew up in S Cal even.
  • Tsartele
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Tsartele wrote: »

Muscle Car?

Dang, I would love to drive an old Mustang or a late 60's Camaro.

Something that you don't see everyday.

Benz, Audi, Jag ........ Driving around this town, there's a lot of people spending a lot of money to look like everybody else.

Im a very passionate person and especially about driving. I have owned two 69 camaros my favorite was a 1969 RS with a build 383 stroker motot 3in exhaust and posi track rear end. That car would fly. I love exotic cars as well especially Lamborghini and Ferrari. I love the way a Ferrari feels when you drive it they exude passion for design and automotive perfection. Lamborghini is no slouch either the Gallardos that I drove were amazing.