Who eats eggs every day??

Options
124»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    sflisher wrote: »
    Stick to eggs from organic grass fed chickens. I am on 3 a day for protein and all the goodies in the yolks. Very happy that people are eating egg white omelettes. It means more yolks for me :)

Grass fed chickens?? That sounds as bad as grain fed. Chickens are not naturally herbivores.

Perhaps you mean pastured chickens? Though I've never seen any evidence that eggs from pastured chickens are healthier.

Ahh, to be able to see those vast herds of wild chickens roaming the range and chewing their cud. Their majestic calls of "bok bok" filling the air. It must have been a wonderful sight before they were butchered for their pelts for use in fashionable gentlemen's hats. Those were the good old days, when man and wild beast lived side by side.

::laugh:: Chickens do eat grass, but I don't know if they could live on grass and forage alone. They need a lot of protein and a certain amount of calcium in order to lay eggs.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    aQ8yE97_700b.jpg
  • Need2Exerc1se
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    aQ8yE97_700b.jpg

Well, now that's not true. Chickens do eat grass (if it's available). In fact, I save grass clippings to feed my chickens as a treat when the ground is covered in snow. They love it.

But it's not all they will eat if let loose in a field a of grass.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    An internet meme isn't true? shocker.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    sflisher wrote: »
    Stick to eggs from organic grass fed chickens. I am on 3 a day for protein and all the goodies in the yolks. Very happy that people are eating egg white omelettes. It means more yolks for me :)

Grass fed chickens?? That sounds as bad as grain fed. Chickens are not naturally herbivores.

Perhaps you mean pastured chickens? Though I've never seen any evidence that eggs from pastured chickens are healthier.

Ahh, to be able to see those vast herds of wild chickens roaming the range and chewing their cud. Their majestic calls of "bok bok" filling the air. It must have been a wonderful sight before they were butchered for their pelts for use in fashionable gentlemen's hats. Those were the good old days, when man and wild beast lived side by side.

::laugh:: Chickens do eat grass, but I don't know if they could live on grass and forage alone. They need a lot of protein and a certain amount of calcium in order to lay eggs.

Don't mess with the pretty picture in my head.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

We should probably note the date and time for posterity.
  • Hornsby
    Options

We should probably note the date and time for posterity.

Lol - true.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs from chickens fed flax. To increase omega 3 fat. I might have already said this. Or maybe I said it on a different egg thread. Lots of egg threads going on.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Almost always have the same breakfast every day: english muffin, egg or egg whites, margarine and non fat cheese slice...and an espresso or coffee.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    2 -3 daily ☺ for years , i allways go free range rich in omega 3
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    2 a day, most days