Do you plan your cheat meals/days?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    kyleldrake wrote: »
    How does everyone eat the rest of the day after the cheat meal? If you're normally doing, say, 5 clean meals a day doing a 40/40/20 macro goal, do you still force yourself to eat those other meals if your pizza cheat meal was in the mid-afternoon? I find it hard to eat anything after the cheat. I'm full for the rest of the day it seems.

I try to have my big meals at lunch, and yeah, I've skipped dinner a lot because I wasn't hungry. It's actually what works the best for me as I'm always hungrier during the day. Going out for dinner is usually a disaster for me, as I never have enough calories left.
    Mentali wrote: »
    PinkSuede wrote: »
    cityruss wrote: »
    There's something seriously wrong if a bite of a brownie is considered cheating.

Im sticking to a primarily clean diet so any seriously unclean foods or anything with sugar added it strictly reserved for cheat meals. And lets be serious. It wont be just one bite lol

How do you feel about the 5 second rule?

I don't have cheat days. If I want a brownie I eat a brownie. I pretty much eat whatever I feel like eating. Sometimes it takes a little more planning, say if I feel like eating a pizza I need to eat lighter the rest of the day to fit it in and I try to satisfy that particular craving on one of my more active days.

I really dislike the whole "Cheat day" thing. It Makes no sense at all to me to plan to cheat on your diet. It's like intentionally shooting yourself in the foot while trying to convince yourself and those around you that it won't hurt a bit.

Why not just learn how to fit the foods and treats you enjoy into a healthier overall way of eating.

Because sometimes you want more than your maintenance level of calories will allow you to have in food and treats.

This is exactly one of the posts I was talking about - is it really so necessary to make such negative false analogies that imply the person who chooses to lose weight this way is stupid/doesn't know what they're doing? If you prefer to always stay within your calories even if it means only having a small amount of the treat you want (or, more likely, you go over your calories occasionally and just choose not to call it a "cheat"), that's fine, you do you, but why is it necessary to try to run down the other side?

Exactly! i don't know why it is so hard for other people to understand. Some folks are satisfied with one cookie or a serve of ice cream, i am NOT.

Yeah but that's where you have a higher calorie day to make it fit. I still fail to see why it's such a huge deal if we talk about weekly averages? Fitting a 3000 calories day in a week isn't hard while still keeping a deficit... and it still means 'fitting what you like in your calories'.

But if we refer again to the dude who thinks he needs 10,000 calories of something to be satisfied, then, well, maybe cheat days are not a good idea for that dude, you know?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    kyleldrake wrote: »
    How does everyone eat the rest of the day after the cheat meal? If you're normally doing, say, 5 clean meals a day doing a 40/40/20 macro goal, do you still force yourself to eat those other meals if your pizza cheat meal was in the mid-afternoon? I find it hard to eat anything after the cheat. I'm full for the rest of the day it seems.

I try to have my big meals at lunch, and yeah, I've skipped dinner a lot because I wasn't hungry. It's actually what works the best for me as I'm always hungrier during the day. Going out for dinner is usually a disaster for me, as I never have enough calories left.
    Mentali wrote: »
    PinkSuede wrote: »
    cityruss wrote: »
    There's something seriously wrong if a bite of a brownie is considered cheating.

Im sticking to a primarily clean diet so any seriously unclean foods or anything with sugar added it strictly reserved for cheat meals. And lets be serious. It wont be just one bite lol

How do you feel about the 5 second rule?

I don't have cheat days. If I want a brownie I eat a brownie. I pretty much eat whatever I feel like eating. Sometimes it takes a little more planning, say if I feel like eating a pizza I need to eat lighter the rest of the day to fit it in and I try to satisfy that particular craving on one of my more active days.

I really dislike the whole "Cheat day" thing. It Makes no sense at all to me to plan to cheat on your diet. It's like intentionally shooting yourself in the foot while trying to convince yourself and those around you that it won't hurt a bit.

Why not just learn how to fit the foods and treats you enjoy into a healthier overall way of eating.

Because sometimes you want more than your maintenance level of calories will allow you to have in food and treats.

This is exactly one of the posts I was talking about - is it really so necessary to make such negative false analogies that imply the person who chooses to lose weight this way is stupid/doesn't know what they're doing? If you prefer to always stay within your calories even if it means only having a small amount of the treat you want (or, more likely, you go over your calories occasionally and just choose not to call it a "cheat"), that's fine, you do you, but why is it necessary to try to run down the other side?

Exactly! i don't know why it is so hard for other people to understand. Some folks are satisfied with one cookie or a serve of ice cream, i am NOT.

Yeah but that's where you have a higher calorie day to make it fit. I still fail to see why it's such a huge deal if we talk about weekly averages? Fitting a 3000 calories day in a week isn't hard while still keeping a deficit... and it still means 'fitting what you like in your calories'.

But if we refer again to the dude who thinks he needs 10,000 calories of something to be satisfied, then, well, maybe cheat days are not a good idea for that dude, you know?

This is the point some have been trying to make: "think" is is obviously intended to portray our satiety needs as something that isn't real; just that we must have some psychological problem that makes us "think" we are hungry when we are not hungry, which doesn't make sense because hunger is a mental feeling anyway (though it can and is often triggered from outside of the brain). You can't even accept or acknowledge that a person can be truly hungry. This attitude of minimizing how others users' bodies react is quite condescending, to put it mildly. You don't have to share in my feeling of hunger, but you need to at least be willing to accept that some of us have a very large appetite. When you start acting like you know me better than I know me, then I'm going to start rejecting all of your views on the basis that you can't have a proper conclusion when you don't include the proper factors.
  • rnnursebarb
    rnnursebarb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with eating all food, all the time. I tally up my weekly calorie goal and then divide it up so that some days are more restrictive than, say, the weekend days which I allow for more calories. So far so good. No such thing as cheating. If I choose to have a higher calorie meal or dessert or whatever, it needs to fit in to the calorie goal for the day/ week.