Do you run when it's raining?

Options
We're supposed to have 4 days of heavy rain starting today. I'm new to running but already starting to make progress so don't want to take a break but don't relish the thought of getting soaked either just to run a few miles. What would you do?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Some people enjoy running in the rain, others don't mind. For me, the one time I tried, my shoes and socks got soaked and I ended up with awful blisters.
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yes. If I feel like running there is nothing that will stop me.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love running in the rain. Love it.
  • cricket490
    cricket490 Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    No. If a storm hits when I am already running there are not many options except to run in the heavy rain. Rain is not so bad but lightning or hail and you need to take cover.

I also have a treadmill which comes in handy during the winter or stormy days.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    If you're in the UK and you don't run in the rain you'd only get out about twice a year lol! :D I used to enjoy running in the rain, I found it quite refreshing. I made sure I had a couple of pairs of running shoes so that when they got wet they had a good chance to dry out.

LOL!

yes.

I'm not there though - but personally I don't mind walking (not running - I don't run) in the rain if it's not freezing cold or absolutely bucketing down. If it's nice rain then off I go and enjoy walking and I may even splash in a puddle or two.

Then a niiiice warm shower when I get home and tracksuit on. Wonderful!
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I've ran in the rain and find it refreshing and rewarding.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    As long as the rain is warm and won't cause hypothermia in current conditions, I run.
  • aashwill
    aashwill Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You should shower and wash your clothing afterwards, anyway. Rain should never stop a run.
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I don't like slipping and falling so I mostly don't run in the rain. I think it depends on where you run if that is a problem or not, but running over smooth stone in the ran doesn't work well for me. :disappointed:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I get disappointed when I cant
  • BasicGreatGuy
    Options
    Wearing Injinji toe socks will (often) help prevent blistering, especially in very wet conditions.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love it. I wear my Five Fingers for that purpose without socks. They work great. Nikes with socks the rest of the time.
  • lilstry
    lilstry Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I tend to take a shower as soon as I get home. The problem might be that the next day I'll have frizzy hair xD whoops

I also have another question, what do you usually wear on the rainy days??
  • BasicGreatGuy
    Options
    lilstry wrote: »
    I tend to take a shower as soon as I get home. The problem might be that the next day I'll have frizzy hair xD whoops

I also have another question, what do you usually wear on the rainy days??

Wear moisture wicking clothing. No cotton.

If you want to wear a rain jacket, make sure you have one that is well ventilated and breathable. If not, you could find yourself unduly drenched with sweat, but overheated from wearing the wrong kind of jacket for your activity.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    In the summer time I WISH it would rain on me when I ran!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    It depends on the temps of the air and the rain.. I really wouldn't start a run during a rain but if it starts while I am running I just keep running.. what else am I to do.. It's refreshing to a certain point.. but when the shoes get really soaked then it's kind of a bummer.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Love love love it. I wish it rained more where I am.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Usually I'm a fair weather runner..but tonight I got caught in a light rain and it was warm temps. Totally fine. Had it been cold out..no...not fun.