Do you run when it's raining?

Options

Replies

• keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just run in the house. Seriously, when the weather isn't good, I've run inside my house. I just make a path and get moving. I have tile and little bit of carpet, but I make it work.
  • lilstry
    lilstry Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I had to take my glasses off, which kind of sucked (I don't have contacts) since I'm nearsighted.

Otherwise, running in the rain is great.

I also wear glasses when I run but today decided to leave them home. To everyone that has replied thank you! I decided to wear a jacket and a hat for the run. It was actually more refreshing that the regular ones.

• littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym
  • foen_i
    foen_i Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If I planed to run - I run. No matter what. 21k with hail have the time was the worst experience yet...
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I modify my routes - wouldn't do anywhere muddy and hilly in the rain, and I also look at transport options (I get very cold after runs, so being out in the rain for a long time afterwards would not be good), but I love running in the rain. Makes me feel alive!
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I modify my routes - wouldn't do anywhere muddy and hilly in the rain, and I also look at transport options (I get very cold after runs, so being out in the rain for a long time afterwards would not be good), but I love running in the rain. Makes me feel alive!

You get cold after running? My problem has always been the opposite, it takes me a long time to cool down after running. I don't have any problem with the cooler temperatures, I just don't like falling and that is the main thing that holds me back in the rain. 40 years ago I ran cross country and even often ran is sub-freezing conditions. Cold was never an issue for me.
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I wish! I'm fine when I'm running, but as soon as I stop, my Raynauds kicks in like a donkey, blood to hands and feet stops, the shivering starts and I crave a hot drink and calories!
    True, a warm hoody, sugar and a cup of tea after a long run have me right as rain in about 20 minutes, but it's misery from crossing the finish til I can get warm again
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Rained on me during my entire morning run today. The only bad part is the street drainage system turn into water holes, so the second half of the run was with soaked feet.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I love running in the rain and snow. I'll watch the forecast and time my runs so I can run in the rain. The key is to have the right socks. For me, that means DryMax Mesh Lite
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Running in the rain is my absolute favorite.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I had a fantastic run in the rain yesterday. Nothing beats a nice, light drizzle with the sky beginning to clear and the sun peaking through. Everything feels so fresh and clean. I love running in the rain. That said, although I have been caught in a downpour on many occasions, I don't typically head out the door in the middle of one. Getting that drenched is no fun.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I used to think people who ran in the rain were crazy until I tried it. Had one of my best run, no there was no thunder thank goodness.
  • igor1187
    igor1187 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love love love running in the rain. It's especially nice for me because I have allergies so when it rains it's easier for me to breathe. Plus I love the way it feels on my skin. I don't run in the rain when temps get too cold. Don't want hypothermia. In rain I always wear shorts, sleeveless tops and my regular running shoes. Wear socks that aren't made of mostly cotton. It's a whole different running experience
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Don't mind it unless it's dumping but beware, it takes a full 24 hours (or more) for your shoes to fully dry if they get soaked. Just in case you (like me) don't have 2 pairs.
  • lizzieloo934
    lizzieloo934 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love running in the rain! No music, just the sound of rain is so calming and enjoyable. I don't even mind when I land in the puddles as a good pair of socks make the run comfortable.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Until I did a night run 3 years ago, I would run in any conditions. However on that night run, it rained monsoon like. It was incredibly heavy. I ended up getting bleeding nipples. Was sore for a few weeks after that. Since then I don't go out running if its raining as I'm a bit paranoid if it happens again, the blood comes through the top and everyone can see it. However if I am running and it starts to rain, I continue running as there isn't much you can do.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    Until I did a night run 3 years ago, I would run in any conditions. However on that night run, it rained monsoon like. It was incredibly heavy. I ended up getting bleeding nipples. Was sore for a few weeks after that. Since then I don't go out running if its raining as I'm a bit paranoid if it happens again, the blood comes through the top and everyone can see it. However if I am running and it starts to rain, I continue running as there isn't much you can do.

Have you tried body glide on your nipples before running? It will help.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Depending on who's chasing me (and what they think I did).
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

Have you tried body glide on your nipples before running? It will help.

I haven't. Actually I just had to google it to see what it was. To be honest the nipples are 100% now. I just hold off till the rain stops and then head off on a run.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I love running in the rain, and am usually faster for some reason. I don't go out in thunderstorms, though. And if it's a downpour I wrap my phone in a plastic bag ;) Oh but the looks I get from old ladies are priceless... I mean, I get looks anyway from them, but if its raining the thinking is I'm basically going to catch a cold and die.