SEPTEMBER WEIGHT-POSTING CHALLENGE

Options
michael_jordan7
michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
This is really more of an experiment than a challenge. I have been struggling with my weight going up and down since about April. I am challenging myself to weigh every day, for me it will be first thing in the morning before any food or water, and to post it on this thread. I want to see if knowing that I will be posting my weight for the world to see has any effect on my eating and exercise. I am hoping that it will encourage me to be more consistent.

Anyone else who would like to join in is more than welcome!

Replies

• katys1888
    katys1888 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am very similar and I would like to join in!
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    Welcome aboard, katys1888, we will get started tomorrow!
  • Xmingxue
    Xmingxue Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Struggling too Micheal. Add me if you like.
  • DWILLIAMS62
    DWILLIAMS62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been checking my weight daily and it has helped me stay on track. However, don't focus too much on this because it will go up on some days and down on others. The best tool over all for me is logging what I eat.
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    I've been checking my weight daily and it has helped me stay on track. However, don't focus too much on this because it will go up on some days and down on others. The best tool over all for me is logging what I eat.

Good advice for all of us, I am going to have to manage my emotions in regard to the scales, that will be part of this challenge. I like to see the scales always going down, and I know that will not happen for a full month.
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'll join in. I already weight in everyday.
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I weigh daily each day - it's a great tool for spotting natural fluctuations. I thought I'd obsess over the numbers but, for me, it took the pressure off a weekly weigh in.
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    Today's weigh-in 216.5 lbs. This is actually 2.5 lbs down from yesterday, so I am preparing myself for a higher number tomorrow.

Have a great day!
  • TeTeAngel
    TeTeAngel Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'll join in the group. My weigh in today is 187.5 lbs.
  • BrendaMiller8
    BrendaMiller8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have been tracking every day also
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm sad it's higher 202.7. Hoping the hard work pays off by Monday's official weigh in.
  • ScotsLass78
    Options
    Today's weight - 96.8kg (213.6lbs).
    I'm eating out tonight so hopefully I can stick to something without too much salt!
  • g8pcw
    g8pcw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I weigh daily each day - it's a great tool for spotting natural fluctuations. I thought I'd obsess over the numbers but, for me, it took the pressure off a weekly weigh in.

That's exactly why I do it ScotsLass. I'd much sooner know how things were progressing during the week rather than wait for the weigh in day and (sometimes) feel really disappointed.
  • katys1888
    katys1888 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today's weight: 179.8lbs (more than I thought)
    Have a great day everyone
  • Chachasmalls
    Chachasmalls Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Wonderful to find this community challenge for Sep. I would like to release 5#. This challenge will be difficult as I am near or some days at my goal weight. They call it vanity, I call it stubborn. Weight fluctuations a normal. I weigh every day. Planning is key.
  • jadenoellexoxo
    jadenoellexoxo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in too
  • michael_jordan7
    Options
    Today's weight - 96.8kg (213.6lbs).
    I'm eating out tonight so hopefully I can stick to something without too much salt!

Trying to stay under sodium max when eating out is almost impossible for me, I pretty much have to go with a salad, and even then be careful with what meats are in it and the dressings.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options

I am aiming to get to 139 at some point. I've been bobbling around 145 for a month.
  • ScotsLass78
    Options
    Trying to stay under sodium max when eating out is almost impossible for me, I pretty much have to go with a salad, and even then be careful with what meats are in it and the dressings.

It's a nightmare! Luckily the restaurant did light choices of their pizza and pasta and showed the calories, so I think I made a good choice for a change