September 2016 Biking Cycling Bicycling Challenge

Options
Ohhim
Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
Welcome to our September Cycling Thread! If you are new to posting on this thread, or if you are new to cycling, We welcome you! If you are returning from a previous thread, We welcome you, too.

This thread is for anyone who rides a bike. Do you bike to work? Do you pull your children to the park? So you ride weekends? Do you spin, at home or the gym? Do you race crits, ironman, or centuries? Or, are you just starting out and remembering how much fun you had biking when you were a kid? However you choose to push your pedal, you are welcome on this thread.

Although I'm aiming for a megametre (1000km/621 miles) of cycling this month, there are no rules to how or what you post or what distance/time/goal you challenge yourself to. You may post miles, minutes, # of rides, what the scenery looks like, anything. Whatever will motivates you to get on your bike.

Cheers

Replies

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Made it through 800 miles last month, but need to taper for my ironman 70.3 on 9/25, so dropping my goal to another megameter (1000 km/621 miles).
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I will follow the virtual leader here 1000 km/621 miles :D

Starting Sep with a bang, 0km o:)
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    It's going to be a short month for me, so target is 250 miles.
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Setting my goal at 250. Evenings are getting shorter.

Jan - 170.47
    Feb - 245.31
    Mar - 409.88
    Apr - 227.22
    May - 332.92
    June - 302.69
    July - 505.53
    Aug - 196.86

YTD - 2390.87
  • smyle5
    smyle5 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Joining with 250 mile goal in September.
  • 35dollars
    Options
    Off to a decent start. Quick dash into work in the morning (I was running late, so took the short course) followed by a slow-ish but long ride home - my first 20+ miler for ages, and felt so 'in the zone' I could have gone on for ages.

Thu 01 - 32.57 miles

MTD 32.57 / 250, YTD 1743.44 / 2500
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    No riding today, the weather just sucks :-/ Went to the gym instead and tried some new movements which were great!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    The minute I can start cycling again, I'll be logging here.

I did manage about a 1 km walk today to and from the bus (0.5 km each way) when I went to get bloodwork done ... but that exhausted me so much, I took a 2-hour nap when I got home. I don't see cycling happening for several more days.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Back after travels and in for September!
    Weather today looks blustery .

I am cycling to the architectural antiques dealer to look for an old mangle to convert into an etching press. I love my bike. On the 31st it took me to visit the blacksmith who will convert the mangle. He accepted the job then told me how much he hates cyclists. I think it was his awkward way of telling me to be careful. I am a good customer of his after all.
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Happy to find this thread! I don't have a road bike -- just a mountain bike, though! The miles come a little harder for me. My goal is 250 this month. May the light and the weather be amenable! :)
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Need a kick in the pants. Weather has been so oppressive for so long, motivation to ride has been steadily waning. Not to mention that the "big" events this month, I'll have to skip (Sunrise Century, tomorrow).

I'll try for 320 mi. anyway
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in since fall is the start to my "season". I've slacked off too much this summer and it's time to get on it. I have a 3 day, 151 miler in a couple of weeks, so I think I can shoot for 300. Now if I can only remember to actually record my miles...
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm just new to this world of biking, so I'll set my goal for 150 miles for September.
  • sohosocialclub
    sohosocialclub Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Goal for September....I'll go with 150.
  • BeckyCMcClinton
    BeckyCMcClinton Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Setting my goal at 130 for September.

9/1 - 6.51

June 25- 30, 28.48 Miles (No Goal)
    July 124.10/120 miles
    August 130.46 /120 miles
    September 6.51/130 miles

YTD -324.48
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,265 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 200 this month. However, no miles yesterday or today!

Chris
  • columbus2015
    columbus2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I can join in... I'd like to hit 750km this month; only made 700 for August, but a little cooler weather will hopefully let me enjoy the long rides a little more.
  • 35dollars
    edited September 2016
    Options
    A little fore-taste of autumn/winter to come - a mixture of headwind, light rain, drizzle and lashing rain.

Fri 02 - 19.93 miles

MTD 52.5 / 250, YTD 1763.37 / 2500

Shorter than I'd intended today, due to wussing out in the rain, but did get a gym session in as well so I'll call that a win.

Good to see a clutch of new participants this month - welcome @columbus2015, @sohosocialclub , @sherryrichie, @denversillygoose, @dpwellman , @2run2ski, @GammaTuna, @smyle5, @KareninLux !