No-cook breakfasts

Options
124»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    No cook breakfast? From a cup of yogurt on the healthy side to a half a bagel shmeared with cream cheese on the high calorie side, there are many ways to do it. Perhaps a single PopTart? You don't have to cook it. Maybe a cup of Cheerios dry as you drive to work?
  • GothamVeggie
    GothamVeggie Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Avocado toast. I know you said cereal or yogurt won't work, but what about combining them into a parfait with fruit? Peanut butter & fruit on toast. A good bar like Larabar + cheese. Things to make once & enjoy the rest of the week: Baked oatmeal, healthy muffins like quinoa breakfast cups, healthy bars like quinoa granola bars, quiche, egg muffins (think eggs cooked with yummy ingredients), & quinoa breakfast bowls (make quinoa w milk or almond/coconut milk ahead of time & then add in delicious ingredients ahead of time or in the morning--quinoa keeps it's texture whereas oatmeal does not).
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes with avocado, turkey, cheese etc etc
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs and string cheese.
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Toast with peanut butter and banana on top!

But I feel you on the cereal thing-- the only cereal that has actually kept me satisfied for any amount of time is Barbara's Puffins. They have a bit of fiber, fat, protein, etc, so I don't feel like eating the world by 9am.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I always keep some boiled eggs in the fridge for when I just need to grab something quick (I usually eat an omelette). So usually it's just a couple of boiled eggs and a Cliff bar when I'm in a hurry or just don't feel like cooking my breakfast.

I also enjoy a bagel and cream cheese
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I eat Special K protein cereal. The one that looks like it's adult frosted flakes. It has 10g of protein so it does keep me satisfied. I eat it plain, no milk, no added anything.
  • re08scue
    re08scue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love the overnight oats. I prepare several days worth at a time; mix them up in individual mason jars and keep refrigerated. Quick, easy, and filling.
    1/3 cup oats
    1/3 cup Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup almond or soy milk
    1 tbl ground flax
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries

Or, on colder days, I'll cook up a large pot of steel cut oats. Just scoop out the desired amount each morning and warm up with some berries. Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My current fav is:
    - 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 oz sliced turkey, a mini wheat bagel with light cream cheese, and fruit (usually prunes or some kind of berry) OR
    - coconut greek yogurt with PB stirred in (I thought it would be gross but it's actually really good), I may or may not add fruit to it depending on my mood
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I eat Special K protein cereal. The one that looks like it's adult frosted flakes. It has 10g of protein so it does keep me satisfied. I eat it plain, no milk, no added anything.

I eat mine with milk, but no sugar.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Soylent is my go to breakfast, zero cook, zero prep.