Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

ATKINS

Options
MoniMadnezz
MoniMadnezz Posts: 14 Member
edited September 2016 in Debate Club
Have any of you ever did the ATKINS meal plan..I have and didn't like it.. Did you guys like it? Tell me your thoughts on it! Did consuming low carbs help you lose weight?? :)

Replies

• chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It's an awful, dangerous diet.
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Unsustainable and unhealthy.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I looked at the book since my ILs were following it at one point. No breads of any kind for the first 2 weeks iirc. No thanks.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Buddy of mine does it and maintained well as long as he stayed on it. Blood numbers were fantastical as well across the board.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    Buddy of mine does it and maintained well as long as he stayed on it. Blood numbers were fantastical as well across the board.

There lies the problem, with diets; they aren't sustainable!

So I always ask anyone, when they begin a diet: What're you going to do, when you regain; the weight? The diet again? You desire to be on a diet, for the duration; of your life? I then explain that being on a diet, is like touching a hot stove. Sure at 1st, you didn't know better; until you got burnt but once you got burnt, you should've learned to avoid the consequences; by not touching it again.

They say: Oh but it wasn't the same diet, that I did previously; it's a different 1.

I say: That's no different, than touching a hot General Electric stove & then a hot Whirlpool stove. They're different stoves but the consequences're still, the same!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Some like it, some don't. Like many other ways of eating it can be done in healthier and less healthy ways. Wouldn't work for me.
  • MoniMadnezz
    Options
    The meal plan effects people's bodies distance for instance low carbs may work for you, but what affects my body the most is sugar weight wise... And yes I did lose a few pounds from it but it's just not for me... Especially the fake sugar after taste with the products I couldn't deal with it.....
  • MoniMadnezz
    Options
    *different
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I did it on and off for a few months and lost about 10 pounds but I liked bread, pasta, and rice too much to stick to it long term. I felt ok during the diet itself, besides feeling deprived which was more emotional. Moderation and counting calories makes more sense for me long term and i have lost 50 lbs that way.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    chapiano wrote: »

FALSE
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    Options

FALSE

TRUE
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

FALSE

TRUE

No, actually, it's not "dangerous". Lots of evidence to support that.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

FALSE

TRUE

In what way? How do you think eating a meat and vegetables based diet is dangerous?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

FALSE

TRUE

In what way? How do you think eating a meat and vegetables based diet is dangerous?

Protein and veg, man, scary stuff!

LOL
    I hope he responds. I am curious what he thinks the problem is.
  • MoniMadnezz
    Options
    So many opinions.. I love it lol!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Atkins is not dangerous. It's just another way of eating. As far as being sustainable, Atkins is sustainable for people who feel better on a low carb food plan. Low carb plans are especially effective for people with PCOS and DM.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    What's up with Atkins anyway? If you do it correctly would you go into ketosis?