Grossed out by excessive eating after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I would say no, it's not normal. Eating disorders have probably started this way, be careful.

Couldn't agree more with you ^^^
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    As long as the person in question leaves me alone about what I eat, I keep my mouth shut.
    Yeah I get judgy, especially if people eat crap and complain about their weight whilst chewing open mouthed...
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Meh. You feel how you feel. I think you would feel differently if they were eating healthier on a regular basis and chose to indulge on occasion.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I understand you, but keep the focus on YOU. You have been set free, and this is an AMAZING feeling. I was set free from food addiction 7 months ago. Its a one day at a time thing (and I still eat sweets and the occasional slice of pizza), but I dont gorge myself anymore like I used to. That feeling of sickness was most likely the pain of seeing someone you love killing themselves with food. But KNOW that you can only lead by example, and try not to judge, we live in a food obsessed culture. A culture driven to obesity with all of the tasty possibilities. You are most likely learning about moderation...its a huge journey, and you will want to help everyone. You will be able to help MANY. But not always the ones you want to, at least not right away. Im sorry that happened to you today. Try to find the emotion behind that upset stomach and you will be well on your way to moving forward and through it. Good luck hon! :)

I like this post Sister. I also like a lot of your subsequent posts. I don't really agree with them. But, it does so another side of the issue and you state your case and the case of the OP very well. I might be able to apply that to other issues in my life. I don't usually have a problem with what other people eat. If I did I would be very unhappy as I am vegetarian.

And to the OP. I do understand not wanting bad things to happen to your family. But, it still won't do a lot of good to be grossed out when they over eat. If you can, offer to cook some healthy meals throughout the week so at least you would know they are getting at least some good meals. Well that is if you are living with them. Otherwise you could invite them to your place for dinner so they can see what good food looks like and maybe they will learn something.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

Me: GIRL! Stop putting syrup on and EAT! /disgusted cause she's playing around

:laugh: rookie mistake indeed.
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Don't be so judgemental. Let them enjoy their food.
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    She is only saying out loud what everyone is thinking but too afraid to say it. If we did not judge what others are eating or the way they choose to eat then we would be doing the same thing that they are. At some point we made a judgment call on eating and decided to eat cleaner and better than they way her father and others that gorge do. This call doesn't make us bad people, just people on a mission to do better things and make a better choice for our lives.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    She is only saying out loud what everyone is thinking but too afraid to say it. If we did not judge what others are eating or the way they choose to eat then we would be doing the same thing that they are. At some point we made a judgment call on eating and decided to eat cleaner and better than they way her father and others that gorge do. This call doesn't make us bad people, just people on a mission to do better things and make a better choice for our lives.

You don't know me or what I eat.

But I will tell you I'm eating enough of this pasta bake (meat. pasta. sauce. 3 kinds of cheese) for 2 or 3 people. And garlic bread. Mmmm.
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

But I will tell you I'm eating enough of this pasta bake (meat. pasta. sauce. 3 kinds of cheese) for 2 or 3 people. And garlic bread. Mmmm.
    you really have a need to debate and I wont entertain that at all. I stated my opinion and that's that. get a grip and get off of the forums debating everything that people have to say. LIVE, LOVE AND BE HAPPY:drinker:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

"Everyone" is overstating it. As is assuming that others are eating cleaner and "better". I do congratulate you on making better choices though.
  • woodstockchick
    Options
    I dont know if its normal, im not normal lol but ive found myself doing similar. I dont say anything but i think it. But i have learned that what i dont like or if something bothers me about someone else is usually fear, jealousy, or something i hate in myself. With the food thing i fear being called fat, jealous that others can eat what they want and it points out my inadquacies
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

you really have a need to debate and I wont entertain that at all. I stated my opinion and that's that. get a grip and get off of the forums debating everything that people have to say. LIVE, LOVE AND BE HAPPY:drinker:

I'm eating pasta. No one could be anything but happy while eating pasta.

You made some serious assumptions (That we all think the way the OP does and that none of us eat in the manner she reports her father to eat) and when you make assumptions about everyone and how they think/act you're in dangerous territory. I don't want to debate, there is nothing to debate. You can't paint everyone on this site with such a broad brush.
  • NatureChik1985
    Options

No...just no... This is wrong on so many levels! Stick to speaking for youself, no need to include the rest of us.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    gravy on fries is gross
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options

I am not afraid to speak my mind. No, this is not necessarily something that "everyone" is thinking. I have my own issues with food, but judging others based on what, or how much, they are eating is not one of them. And, my reasons for changing the way I eat and getting healthy was not based on how others perceived me.

If this is your opinion, then that's fine. And you, nor the OP, are bad people for thinking this way, as everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But, please refrain from speaking for "everyone", as it is not your place to do so.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I don't think this is normal. What others eat shouldn't concern you, this sounds like you've developed a bit of an eating complex.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options

I am not afraid to speak my mind. No, this is not necessarily something that "everyone" is thinking. I have my own issues with food, but judging others based on what, or how much, they are eating is not one of them. And, my reasons for changing the way I eat and getting healthy was not based on how others perceived me.

If this is your opinion, then that's fine. And you, nor the OP, are bad people for thinking this way, as everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But, please refrain from speaking for "everyone", as it is not your place to do so.

Agreed.
    I don't judge other people for what they choose to eat, it's their call. As it's mine to choose what I eat. It p"sses me off when people make comments about me choosing a healthier option when we eat out, so why would I be a hypocrite and even consider what they are eating when it annoys me when the roles are reversed?
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    You have on your judgypants dear, you're going to need to learn to take them off now.

This. Since losing weight I do look at people as I'm walking down the street, not so much disgusted by them, but I do want to stop them and encourage them to make some changes. A friend of mine has just lost 4 stone, and she's such a diva at the moment about it, drives us all crazy.

I ate a meal with my parents recently, and my dad seriously must've eaten a whole loaf of bread. We met for breakfast the next day and I watched him do it again with the toast. I tried to say something, but it didn't go down well.

You're not eating it, so leave them to it. It's normal to count the calories as if you were eating it, but to feel disgusted is a little over the top.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I think it's normal. I am WITH YOU. I am also especially disgusted when I see obese people eating WAY more than any person should. I Only feel like this because I see what they are doing to their body and even though it's none of my business, it's disgusting. :-/
  • KatieBee8
    KatieBee8 Posts: 61
    Options
    Wow. Some people on here are just shining their little halo's, aren't they?! :grumble:

No, I don't think it sounds like you're developing an eating disorder as some people have suggested. Yes, I think it is very normal to have a heightened awareness of others eating habits now that you are being healthier and it can be an unpleasant experience to watch someone stuffing their face with food. It makes me feel sick. However, that should be an entirely internal thing, be careful not to judge and be too harsh on people who choose to eat that way.